2019 Summer Tournament Rework

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by [ATA]Queens, Jul 13, 2019.

1. Welcome Queens tbh this is a little misleading, there's no real reworking required (other than the rewards have always sucked). All that's required is: make sure the matchup works semi/final rounds (simple A vs B C or D - regardless of stats or player numbers) and create a script to auto remove inactives (broken sword) so they don't mole. In fairness it may be time to ban pure spies (PS) as they are able to be stripped/leak for reported Charms gain so allow PS1 which is a pure spy with one att building who cannot be stripped. It is time to take ownership so I'm glad somone has, as a war game developer who can't organize a war in a war game after so many years its a ludicrous situation...and at any other stage in its lifecycle this type of thing would mean the game would fail.



p.s the comp is not adequate as you can see from the community sentiment, perhaps give something special and make your players want to sign up again next week!!!

Ajax

2. I support Valks idea 1000% the reworking of PS had been needed for many years and has always been the downfall of ee wars. Giving them bans or broken swords won’t do anything they will simply wait and do it again later. In a business when there is a concern and issue with “Your” customer base you compensate the customer above and beyond what was deserved because let’s face it without them you really have no business. Then you handle the issue and resolve the problem so that this doesn’t happen ever again. What “we” the players have seen is time and time again countless issues that just continue and continue with no visible resolution. So need to fix this or at the end of the day you’re not really a business.

My take on rewards:
    1. You simply gave us what we where owed  nothing to reward us for the time taken away from us the gold loss for sitting in a war clan trying to do an event that you set forth.

2. Canceling wars .. Yes this was needed to make us sit there painstakingly having to watch a war that we couldn’t even participate in kill the idea and do it again, but my views is that you should have pushed it back a few more weeks to ensure you have worked out all the issues and addressed all the concerns so that the warring community felt the desire to do this again.

At the end of the day ata We are what keep money in your pockets and what keep this game alive you should be showing us a little more care and compassion and gratitude.

Devs work with Valk and get his ideas done

3. Support Valks ideas. Work with wars more please.

4. Hello ATA Kingdom at Wars, i would like to make my wishes for a good cause. The final summer tournament war has NOT been fought and that still needs to be done if not then the whole summer tournament thing would be pointless. Alot of mistakes miss-haps war cheating foul-play miss-understandings has happened so please reconsider and make corrections to make everything between us the players

5. It will still be fought, the tournament is re-running next weekend.

6. I support Valkyl's ideas, especially making PS unattackable to reduce leaky hansels.

7. The only way to eliminate moles and leaking builds is with war devs, thing i dont see it happen.

8. Hello im sorry about next weekend, i will not be able to enter seasonal war next weekend because i have to work exactly on those war times. Im going to miss the thrill of warring next weekend. I wish all competitors for next weekend event wars good luck.

9. So far devs have not provided explanation as to what went wrong. Some have speculated that it is due to Kaos leaving and returning that messed up the event. Perhaps the two incidents are related but not in the way most of us are thinking about.
    Perhaps after taking Kaos back, devs find it hard to explain the rationale and need a bigger diversion to draw away the attention......

10. SUPPORT TO VALKY IDEAS AND HIT RESTICTIONS BIG ROSTERS WOULD BE A FUN WAR FOR ALL BIGS WOULD ENJOY HITTING WITHIN RANGES AND SMALLS WOULD ENJOY ACTUALY HAVING FUN IN WAR NOT JUST FAILING TO LB ACCTS EVERYONE WOULD ENJOY WARRING WITHIN THERE RANGE AND WOULD BRING BACK THE NEED FOR GOOD STRAEDGY TO WIN WARS CURRENTLY ITS ALL THE SAME 45-100 dive 1-10 rest plunder and double xtal end whoever gets lucky wins these wars are boring MIX IT UP

11. 19 - 21 07 2019 Friday 2 pm, Saturday 11 am, Sunday 8 am all Pacific times , what time will that be in European times? And may i ask why is it always only Pacific times?

12. Why ATA DEVS dont make all the times then the same? Friday at 2 pm? Saturday at 2 pm Sunday at 2 pm all Pacific time? Because next time i am not going to put myself at risk of loosing my job. I live in Europe not in the Pacific region!! PLEASE LET THE TIMES ALL BE THE SAME I BEG OF YOU!!!

13. Times are usually in Pacific time because that's ATA's timezone. British Columbia headquarters.

Spring war was all wars at same time of day.... loads complained about that specific time not working any of 3 days, so it's nice seeing some variation in war times. I hope whichever timing style nets higher and better participation will be the future choice personally :)

14. Totally agreed to Val’s Idea!!

Point 1b,c,d is a very good mechanism!

15. Good stuff my thoughts...

1. No I prefer my solution at signup IF playerA has <1 troop building THEN eligible to war = FALSE basically they cannot sign up with PS ergo by default the minimum would be PS1.

2. Not required it was abused so removed just a simple IF playerA actions = 0 THEN remove, war ban = 2 weeks. However that said the ability to silence or even demote to remove eb start/cancel privilege as this was abused last war, could be given to one senior admin.

3. The join button was abused people joined for one hit at end war for the achievement only. I would propose a simpler activity check an automatic timer 15 mins to join a 2hr war 30 mins to join a 6 hr war Simple
    Nested IF... IF TIME = 15 (IF playerA actions = 0 THEN remove = TRUE) ENDIF etc.

The durations to be voted on by the community in a poll 15 minutes 30 minutes whatever the community agrees we all live by no excuses.

Ajax

16. You guys asking too much. You are confusing those monkey

17. Massively agree to this. Literally all of the war community is quoting and agreeing with what has been said. If you care about this game take it on board or reply...

19. So are we going to get actual compensation? Because all you did was gives us rewards we earned lol .-.

20. Lol don’t forget the free royal chest key 