Winter War Tournament

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by [ATA]Winston, Dec 1, 2018.

1. Better than us lol...

plunder difference depends on how fair that matchup was..we got the highest plunder difference but only because other side were like half PS.

2. Whoever said they were better than u guys cuz u had a 6b less plunder difference is probably one of the bottom cr’s who never warred before. It all depends on the matchups. Icy infantry’s opponent may have have more atk builds than Winter warriors opponents so it was harder to beat. Icy infantry’s plunder and their opponents plunder was still high than Winter warriors plunder and their opponents plunder. Anyways, Icy infantry got a couple great players now and looks like they are probably tied for second best.

3. Also devs, i know this isn’t reversible or anything but why exactly did Frigid Footmen which is clearly the best team get more op players when all we got was leaks and a couple decent players and a shattered sword. I see a player who got wr 2 from WW go to FF where their top 5 players plunder is bigger than our top plunderer. I think u kinda made it more unfair lol. Although, Icy Infantry and Frigid Footmen would be a good match to watch.

Anyways ty devs for the event, next time there is an event pls just make better rewards and more fair matchups please.

4. Lol, plunder differential has never been used before to determine who advances in a war tourney. Then we get an announcement during war that it is. No one made a pre war strategy taking this into acct. Not really how a tourney works. The two losest winners should be having a 1 hour tie break war right now.

5. I noticed that too lol...makes u wonder doesn't it

6. Your tops could’ve easily gotten twice the plunder against us. My side just had too many non-plunderable targets (ps), and we did a fantastic job limiting them.

7. This was definitely not what was wanted and I do agree it wasn't a perfect solution. We considered a variety of other solutions like a "round robin" type semi-final round but were worried that with such late notice, people might not have been able to move their schedule around. We felt this was something that was a differentiator and not too much of a change for players.

8. Manually trying to balance a war roster is incredibly challenging, so it's mostly based on balancing certain stats as closely as possible. There are some differences to the total power of all teams, but our data suggests the teams are fairly close in power.

Edit: Also - what rewards do players want to see from tournaments?

9. @devs, May more powerful roles be given out to the top 4 CR. A bit rough for wcs lower than 4 to wc with no CA powers

10. Turns out our clan has 2 inactive alts, probably one from the other teams because someone opened an OSF for this war that wasn’t their last time.

Great tournament

11. Players want to not be forced out of a winning clan due to your misjudgments and mismanagement of a tournament, for starters. :lol:

12. Turns out the other team has 50 real active members and we have 49 members.
    One is shattered sword and the other is an open osf kekekekek. Why not match us with the other team who had 48-49? Weird?

13. Well, considering Ice Infantry lost in the preliminaries, they shouldn’t even be in the semi-finals. 

14. We didn't lose. We won. The developers added the rule to switch around the last team and messed it up. Not our fault, get over it.

15. Winter Warriors won, ice infantry did not win. Go check Choccy’s thread and see who picked winning guesses and check to see those guesses and match them with the teams. It’s not hard to figure out. If Ice Infantry won, I wouldn’t have received “Prizes” for my correct guess of Winter Warriors. Devs screwed up so that is why Ice Infantry is now in the Semifinals. Devs won’t fix it and said they can’t so they are just ignoring it. Your clan sucks and you lost the first war. You should be out. 

16. Give some silver bars and more tokens so we can actually buy land to use the tokens.

17. Rewards where less than average for what i need out of the game so i didn't bother. What actually happened tho? I wasn't watching the wars,its a knock out format i thought,so winners progress and losers don't...how was this messed up ?

As for rewards: substantial silver bar Rewards and seal/crystal packs that enable growth. 5 crystals is pathetic when u get 30+ free per month. New lands are immenant so help yourselves with that back lash by speeding the growth of mid built accounts

The main reward would be : fix the charm mess,release your fix. Give us some indication of how you intend to deal with growth of charm accounts outside of kingdoms of war t.o.u

18. They actually did win their war. They lost the plunder difference thing but devs disbanded wrong clan and winter warriors players got spread over the 4 clans. Even if winter warriors went through they sure would have lost, they had a good team but other teams were better.

19. Oh ok , thanks for clarifying that.

For rewards in events like these that are exclusive to once a year, players want rewards that no one else can get except for the players in the winning team. I know you guys gave a lvl 8 sidethrone which all participants will get but that reward isnt worth as much as players want it to, on the trading market it is worth around 250-325m charms. If you guys made a winter themed pet with better stats than other pets im 100% sure people will be happy. An achievement would also be great, maybe a different emoji we can use at the start and end of our names, a banner that gives stats a little less than the asw banner. A winter themed lvl 1 furniture set would be good. Or you can just give an exclusive charm that is tradeable and gives around 2-3b stats.

Overall, people want something that is worth a lot and they can sell it for a lot of charms. Just like the asw throne. The crestplates are good but are not beneficial to build complete players. I hope this is enough advice. Also a compensation reward to the winners would be good maybe like a 1-2b charm. Otherwise devs will just get hate for the next couple of months.

20. When a war depends on activity you cant forsee sucesss purely on builds and experience. One inactive or low active account can sway the result. Is this another ill thought out event ? There's no such thing as teething problems 9-10 years in...