Idea 

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Original_Belladonna, Aug 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FULL SUPPORT ...great idea

2. Simple, take away the freebies. If we don’t get freebies, then they can’t be used to transfer. People would still need to buy either or. That’s how it would produce revenue, Michael. :)

3. You want to remove free gifts from the devs to the players :shock:

4. If you Got rid of NK I bet you any money the devs wouldn't be giving away free xstals then! Lol

5. I didn't say that all were freebies. What about the crystals earned by players through the various legend tiers?

And are you saying that players who received crystals during brief disruption in game play don't deserve them?

6. If they earned them through the legend tiers, they worked for them and should be able to switch them out to nobs if they so desire. They put in the work, they weren’t given to them, Michael.

As for your comment about removing freebies, Moody, yes, remove them. At this point, it’s to keep players coming back. Nothing more.

Michael, very rarely do we get crystals for downtime and every other war game I know of doesn’t give free currency out to players when there is downtime. Most other platforms issue warnings of downtimes and if it is unexpected, just an apology is issued. You don’t get free currency because a glitch happened, for example, the glitch being that the game isn’t working for a period of time. So no, we don’t “deserve” them.

In conclusion, if they did away with freebies, they would generate more revenue. Some players could possibly quit, but most will stay as they’ve put in a lot of work into their accounts and don’t want to stop building them up. It’s a win/win for the devs and the players.

7. Are you suggesting that the free crystals are keeping players on NK and thus enhancing ATA’s sales? I could foresee that as why they aren’t giving this idea an even chance at exploration. NK is profitable, especially with these events.

Still though, I believe removing freebies and allowing players to choose between one or the other premium currency would benefit players and devs entirely. Besides, crystals are only used to regenerate and buy aqua anyways.

Come to think about it, why not remove crystals and the ability to regenerate with crystals, along with switching to nobs to buy aqua? It’s the only thing you can do with crystals, just move to a nobility only premium currency. Makes sense.

8. So are you saying the stock pile of crystals you have that your wanting to transfer to nobs were all bought or earned?

Honestly Im thankful for the free crystals, and I for one have always been on a limited kaw budget as my rl and family have priority in my spending. But what money I have spent has mostly been spent on buying crystals to regen and help clan by at one point completing ebs but now more so to help speed up ebs and help all to make event goals in clan, hopefully. But now that kaw have so generously given crystals for different reasons I havent had to spend on them and when able I can buy nobs to get seals or circles to run premium ebs in clan as well from time to time. As far as promoting to buy both crystals and nobs, I think their daily sales does that already! I would not be able to spend more though just because they take away all free crystals.

If they quit giving crystals its really no purpose in making the transfer option between crystals and nobs. Someone that wants buy nobs for the purpose of getting seals, circles, chest keys, should just purchase those, if they are wanting to regen troops they can purchase crystal at a bit of a cheaper cost when buying in bulk! Or wait for daily deal to get both at sale cost with possibly some speakers thrown in.

Unless Im miss understanding something, this idea would only have temporary benefit until all stock pilled crystals were transferred then no more freebies so would have to buy whichever your wanting to use anyways!

9. Bella's whole point is the all the freebies and whatnot are not keeping KAW alive ...remember it's a business and has to generate revenue. It's great your getting free xtals Stacy but can you honestly say the free xtals and other freebies or influencing/causing you to spend more money on KAW???

...at a rate that exceeds the profit margin BEFORE they started giving that stuff away?

Simple logic ...no it's not.

These wouldn't be the practices of ANY business looking to stay sustainable ...it's the practices of those going out of business and trying to get everything out of it they can. It would have been a "building" effort at the beginning now its just desperation

10. Humm, guess I missed that being her whole point as I thought the "idea" was about being able to transfer crystals into nobs?

11. Stacy, my crystals were bought, earned through legends, and given free by the devs.

As I previously mentioned and became aware of during the progression of this post is that crystals are outdated. We should remove them altogether, change the method of payment for aqua to nobility and have a period of time, say 1 week to transfer all crystals into nobility. 1:10. 1 crystal gets you 10 nobility. If they still want to give freebies out, they can give nobility as the freebie. We don’t need crystals in the game anymore as you can regenerate your troops with them as well.

As for buying in bulk, you can do that with nobility as well. And there are far more sales ads popping up for nobility packs than there are crystal packs. I just got one for 350 nobs for $19.99. I’m not buying it because I know another will pop up in a few days, maybe a week. You still get more nobility when you buy in bulk at the marketplace, too. Maybe even throw in some more purchase options. Like 100 nobility for $9.99 for example.

The point is, everything (apart from two tiny aspects) premium should be solely nobility acquired since the majority of premium aspects are nobility related.

Again, my idea is altering due to the progression of this post and the lack of need for crystals as a premium currency.

Thanks for your thoughts though, Stacy.

12. ....the stated purpose for making her point was (at least the FIRST POINT was)

...the mechanics to which this would be achieved through Bella's suggestion of being able to convert cryatals and nobs

13. Actually her point was her idea, the first reason given was to show why she thought her idea would be beneficial! Correct? Again, have no argument with you Todd.

Thank you Bella for clarifying your change of thought. I do think crystals gives the developers a means to help by giving them as people do still use them to regen troops, weither it be to help complete eb, speed up ebs or to help make gold by regen troops when hitting premium ebs, without taking away from the sales of nobs that are used for all avenues of premium items, seals, circles, keys, including regenning troops as you pointed out(which is needed as you pointed out people buying in bulk for sale prices)! Which I think people still buy plenty of even with the free crystals, to help earn gold needed for these newer lands and builds!

14. That’s my point, you can use nobility to regenerate, speed up Epic Battles, or to make gold by regenerating when hitting premium Epic Battles without taking away from the sale of nobility. Crystals aren’t really needed.

And swap the purchase method of aqua to nobility and make it a nobility only premium currency. No other war game that I play or know of has more than one type of premium currency. There are some third party applications that do have multiple premium currencies, but not in this genre of gameplay.

15. I honestly dont know Kaw's original intent for crystals, but like I said above I still feel it gives a means for devs to help by giving them free without taking from the purchase of nobs that can be used in many other facets! Honestly, if you dont wont to buy crystals and only buy nobs then thats what you should do! At present I think crystals still serve a purpose, which I've already said above. Also, devs could make all nobs the only means of currency from here forward and still not make the ability to transfer current crystals, just make it no furture crystals could be purchased and no more freebies, which I hope they dont, but would that be agreeable to you, if they did? I mean the system is already in place to use the crystals, no need to really transfer any that are already out there! Anyways, I've stated my opinion and seems devs arent looking to move forward in this means atm anyways so I'll not comment any futher!

16. Well, they are looking into it and it could be an option. As I’ve clearly stated, multiple times, is that crystals are ONLY used for two aspects of the game, regeneration and the purchase of aqua. If we changed the purchase option to nobility and did away with crystal regenerations, we would be good to go.

Crystals only serve one purpose at this point in time, and that is to entice player comebacks. I’ve stated this already as well. Crystals at this point in time do not serve any other purpose. Hardly anyone, if any at all, purchase aqua with crystals. So why continue with them? It’s an irrelevant aspect in this game and if they reduce freebies or get rid of them altogether, that would encourage more purchases. Again, as I’ve stated previously. I don’t know why people like you are finding it that difficult to comprehend, Stacy.

17. No support.
    This is an awful idea.
    The devs have a specific way they like to deal with these things and this isnt how they want to deal with it.

18. Winston clearly stated that they are not looking into this as an option because of the relative ease with which it would be abused due to alts.

Additionally, your statement of the game having just one currency is not possible. There's nobs, charms, furnishings, gold, etc.... It will never be just a one currency game.

19. At first I thought Belladonna’s adjusted idea was foolproof then I began to understand Stacy P.

Bella, you say that this would produce more revenue for devs. The ability to sell crystals for nobs does not produce more revenue. Telling them to no longer give out freebies does. So that can’t really be used as a reason as to why devs should do it.

The ease of having a single currency would be easier and does make sense.

In regards to the freebies that do get handed out, I think it’s a lovely thing for them to do. And it doesn’t really cost them anything as all it can be used for as you said is regen troops and for aqua. If 10 nobility was handed out instead, then most people likely wouldn’t use it to regen troops but to buy other things instead. If devs were okay with that, they’d already be giving us nobility, not crystals. And then it can be exploited by having alts save up this free nobility. So your solution to this is to stop freebies altogether, which is a valid proposal... but we like freebies. I don’t want devs to stop giving out free stuff :p

20. No support! I want I want that's all you can say bell! Stop trying to change something that's not broke! The only reason you have a ton of xtals is cos we got given them! You don't regen! Well most do so shut your yapping and go back to moaning about carpets

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.