AR-15s, M240s, M16s, M4s and the Like

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Original_Belladonna, Mar 26, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Described a violent assailant
    At what point do you find out they're violent

2. That’s what school police are for. When with me or at home...they aren’t on scene already. So I can and will handle. Then I’ll hand my gun over, for the investigation, and grab my backup till my primaries finally returned.

Great illustration of why one gun is not enough.

4. Cause the school police have done a damn well job for the past 20 years...since Columbine to Parkland...232 kids have died in schools, that number shouldn’t even exist, and should’ve stopped after Columbine

5. Well it tends to be kinda obvious when it happens...like when the door gets kicked in during a home invasion.

Just because you are fortunate enough to have never been the victim of s violent crime, do not assume everyone is so fortunate. Consider educating yourself on crime stats.

6. Crime stats in America doesnt concern me

Never meet or known anybody who has been mugged , raped , assaulted, shot , stabbed , house broken into , car jacked and so on and so on

Ahh the pleasures of not having to worry about if the person who walks past you has a tool to attack you

Yeah so now .... it's not self explanatory
    Try to explain it to me better .... when does the fear kick in ?

7. For the ppl defending the right to bear arms amendment, it does not state which arms you have the right to bear does it?
    So controlling semi automatic or military style weapons would not technically encroach on this right would it? You could still have single shot weapons at your disposal and bear those arms could you not?

8. This is another fallacy. Because it does not explicitly say so does not make it true. Your logic works against your argument however. We can easily flip it around and say the same thing in favor for.

There are also many different laws and regulations both at the local, state and federal levels when it comes to firearms.

Regardless of your point, in the USA, this has already made its way pass the Supreme Court in the case of "Caetano v. Massachusetts, 2016."

Basically the ruling said that the Second Admendment covers all guns that an individual can bear, even those that weren't in existence at the time of its writings. It also states the right is fully applicable to the States.

9. A little encroachment is still encroachment. The right to bare arms is what it says not the right to bare 1 single shot bolt action that doesn’t have any other type of attachments including magazines and or clips. If you have anything that varies from this description you have 90 days to turn it in.

10. It's entertaining to me that foreigners think they have a say or at least try to tell us what to do in the US (especially involving guns). I'm never giving up my right to own my guns. #NRA

12. I have read through all of these comments and honestly wish I could like, or thumbs up or down certain comments. I never expected this post to grow like it did. I am very interested in all of your viewpoints. I understand my OP was vague and probably not the best worded, according to some, but let me assure you I worded it that way for dialogue purposes.

With that dialogue opened up, I have seen many views. I have also seen some not so mature behavior from some of you. I would love for this conversation to continue. Getting viewpoints from the mass is the only way to a solution. And we clearly need a solution to this problem in the United States.

My stance is this: I believe in the second amendment and believe you should own a firearm if you want. However, I think there should be stricter regulations regarding certain types of firearms. As many of you said, it’s a tool. You are correct, it is a tool used. Each one has a different purpose just like your regular garden tools or garage tools. Now, with that in mind, not everyone should be handling certain types of tools. I wouldn’t handle a fully automatic weapon just as I wouldn’t handle a jackhammer.

The regulations I would like to see implemented are: a 14 day waiting period, must be 21 years old to purchase a firearm, must pass a mental health check and background check with both being mandatory, banning of certain accessories like the bump stock, require an individual to go through an extensive training/safety course, and have yearly re-registry and background check/mental health check.

Even just one child dying in a school shooting is too much. And we have to look at the one critical fact: All mass shootings happen with a firearm. The firearm is the common denominator in every shooting, whether it be from suicide, robbery, murder, etc.

Please keep the discussion going, I offered my view as to how we can possibly try to curb some of this violence. If there’s something you disagree with or agree with, post about it. I’m intrigued to keep listening to your viewpoints. But be mature, we don’t need name calling and saying someone is butt-hurt. Be civilized and understand that everyone has a viewpoint and is most likely different than yours. Similar sometimes, but not quite the same. ;)

13. There isn't a need, only a want. What is wrong with responsible gun owners owning and using semi-auto firearms in a responsible manner? We've had semi-auto weapons since the late 1800's. Liberals like to fabricate the lie that they are somehow a recent invention and the reason for all the mass shootings in America. Semi-auto weapons have been popular in the US since the end of Korean war and the huge influx of surplus M1 Garand's. (I might be wrong, If I am please correct me ✌

14. Take ar away idc all it takes is a glock 19 which is fully automatic and a 100 round drum that it can shoot in 19 secs flat thats about 40people dead assuming its 40 cal or 9mm

15. Sorry .... rifles and all guns are weapons , not tools - unless you want to call them " tools of the trade " for military or law enforcement
    Is a semi trailer a tool ?

16. I propose a question, how does a people overthrow a tyrant that keeps it's people disenfranchised and forced into bondage unless those people have the means to rid themselves of that tyrant? I suggest you ask the Syrian people if the feel they should have the right to possess automatic weapons and high capacity magazines, better yet I suggest anyone that doesn't believe in the right to keep and bear arms to go to Syria for a year and help those people!

17. It's a tool. All weapons are tools used for the purpose of killing but can have other uses. I hunt with my guns, I also shoot at targets for fun. I've never killed anybody with my "weapons".

(Quoted the wrong person)

18. I suggest you go there and clean up the mess your country started.ISIS came out of the mess you started in Iraq.

19. A true hunter who lived on a land will never say AR15 is hunting weapon. Only person who says AR15 is hunting weapon are city people or YouTube hunter

20. I’ll have to let all my buddies that hunt hogs know they aren’t real hunters. According to Musangthemoron. They will be devastated.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.