Rate KaW in AppStore

Discussion in 'Other KaW Discussion' started by mango-sized_church_bells, Nov 25, 2017.

1. Rate it honestly. Here would be how I see it:

Pros:

Generally loyal player base, generally positive game content and mechanics

Cons:

Notably unstable and glitchy platform, lack of developer engagement, ever-increasingly restrictive TOU, evolving focus weighted towards disproportionate “pay-to-play”

Remember you can always go back and edit your review should they improve or continue to screw the pooch.

2. ...only thing that sucks around here is you guys. KAW ROCKS!!!!

3. ...you "GET OUT"!!!!

4. Your witless comment is more than redeemed by your patriotic display good sir.

5. Just so you know the reason why KaW has had recent glitches and bugs is because ATA redeveloped KaW to move it to a newer platform from the previously 8 year old code they were using. For instance, it was responsible for the perm item disappearance incident.

Along with the new platform came the new Chat/WC/Wall user interface. They've visually revamped certain aspects of the game to keep up with the times whilst still maintaining a retro feel and keeping it less graphic intensive.

For them to do that shows they haven't given up on the game and they're working on constantly updating KaW and dedicating resources to updating the UI/UX and introducing new game play features. All in all seems they have plans for KaW, which is a good thing, yes? You don't redesign a 8 year old game and move it to a new platform if you weren't planning to keep updating it in the long run.

Given the new features aren't what the community has been asking for but it's still pleasing to see ATA keeping KaW at the development table.

Do I like the new chat UI? Nope, it's quite hard to read with the semi translucent background and bold text.
    I was against furnishings at the start but it's growing on me now. Especially nice to see a top 10 war specific furnishing reward this event.

6. I hear what your saying.

That said, I’ve been playing almost 8 years now and the game’s basic functionality is eroding at an increasing rate.

ATA should prioritize platform stability over GUI tweaks. Run in TestBed and get basic development sorted first. After the architecture is stable, then they can focus on putting the lipstick on the pig 

7. No support at all. Applications can go down for many reasons, not just negligence or poor performance from the devs. Maybe the server provider had a technical outage, or even the DNS server was hit with a DoS attack and lots of companies or services are experiencing issues.

The store rating should not be related to current technical issues, mostly because you'll forget to change it once their fixed and your rating should no longer apply but will.

The game as a whole should not be marked down because of minor technical difficulties. It's just not fair. 100% up time is just not feasible. Calm your ham and do something else for a bit while our dedicated developers try their best to solve the problem.

8. 1). No support for honest feedback - noted.

2). The ham is calm mate. Just checked. Yep. Calm ham. 

3). Sounds like your satisfied with KaW in its current state and are content to keep sitting there on “our dedicated developers’” laps with both cheeks unclenched. As this thread states, plz feel free to rate this app honesty. LOL If you’re good to pound out five gold stars in the AppStore for this dumpster fire, go for it mate. 

9. KaW devs have spend about the last 7 years beating this game into the ground. They have proven time and time again that they would prefer to ignor major issues, whether that be mechanics, scale or features.

When the carrot doesn’t work, you go for the stick. 1 star seems like an appropriate stick.

10. Giskard just hit the nail on the head. Completely agree.

11. Kaw barely had 1 million downloads. It was never really popular.

Toenail growing simulator got well over 5 million downloads.

Bad tutorial is bad.