Veteran's Day

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Mei, Nov 11, 2017.

1. Kaw is a worldwide game with many different kinds of people who live all sorts of amazing lives.
    I just wanted to make a small post to honor all of our Veterans. <3

November 11th

Veterans Day is an official United States public holiday, observed annually on November 11, that honors military veterans; that is, persons who served in the United States Armed Forces. It coincides with other holidays, including Armistice Day and Remembrance Day, celebrated in other countries that mark the anniversary of the end of World War I; major hostilities of World War I were formally ended at the 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month of 1918, when the Armistice with Germany went into effect. The United States previously observed Armistice Day. The U.S. holiday was renamed Veterans Day in 1954

Thank you my brothers and sisters who have served. Your sacrifices will never be forgotten.

2. Support...Thank you as well Mei.

3. My driving instructer used to pilot jets in the uk airforce, he told me as I was focusing too hard to really notice what he was saying I always felt like I killed his moment of glory and coolness and wish I couldve gave it to him lol

4. Happy Veterans Day 

5. Happy Veterans Day 

Gay Veterans deserve an extra special thanks today. Even though we have made great strides towards equality. Historically gays have been discriminated against in the United States Military, even so many have braved discrimination so they could protect the rights and lives of others even though their human rights were denied. Recent White House policy reversal on transgender admittance is proof that our fight for equality continues. Even so we choose to serve our country and protect the lives and rights of all the people in it. God Bless America, God Bless all Veterans 

6. 100% support. :)

7. Australia New Zealand are other countries that remember military history on November 11

8. Remembrance Day here in Canada

Lest we forget

9. Also a special mention to African Americans who've served as veterans especially those before the repeal of Jim Crow laws in the United States.

It's estimated that black soldiers, nine thousand of them, made up 4% of the Revolutionary forces fighting to free America from England.

Black Soldier Revolutionary War

....while many were and continued to be slaves.

It's estimated that up to 179,000 black soldiers (10%) of Union forces were free black men many of whom were former slaves. The civil war ended in 1865.

Black Union Soldiers

....The 15th amendment that gave black men the right to vote wasn't enacted till 1870.

During WW1 over 350,000 black soldiers served in mostly segregated combat roles. The few that did see front line action are some of the most decorated American units who fought in WW1

Hellfighters WW1

During WW2 up to 1 million black vets served

Tuskegee Airmen WW2

...from the 1880's until the 1960's up to 4000 blacks were lynched in America. Jim Crow laws weren't abolished in the United States until 1964 and even though Nixon passed laws to end segregation in our public school system in the 70's full integration wasn't achieved until the late 1980's.

...God Bless America,land of the free & home of the Brave 

10. And a special special thanks to the Gay African American vets out there

...I LOVE you 

(PM me) 

11. Whats ur point

12. I think he/she just wants to hookup with someone in pms lol
    That and I think he/she just wants to show that it's important to celebrate all aspects of the army especially since just recent times it was taboo to even think of a gay person in the US army so a lot of folks think it's important to celebrate that aspect of the army alongside their celebrations of the whole army.

13. Please don't be racist or homophobic guys. Thanks. And thanks to all the kotfe members who PM me last night 

14. ... Is that directed at me? I didnt realise it was homophobic/racist to explain that some people like to celebrate different aspects of the army that used to be not acceptable. I'm sorry if I worded it poorly but I am unsure how what I said could be received as racist or homophobic...

15. No sweetheart your fine :D might as well lock thread now Mei, Veterans Day is over. Gay Veterans month is all of November so I'll start a separate thread  toodles I love all you boys
    & girls

Machines indeed!!! 

16. As someone who has served in the military, I find your post to be distasteful. Not because of it's support for LGBTP, but for your apparent need to attempt to draw attention away from the whole.