HANSELS RULE KAW

Discussion in 'Strategy' started by WR3CKT, Jul 2, 2017.

1. Support 

2. The time to introduce bigger pots in accordance with the new lands/buildings would be nice.

Make it so new pots can only be bought/used if building in the new lands otherwise it might skew other smaller builds abilities.

3. Throwing paint at a wall here: what if plunder from allies was removed (and Troop gold was increased by a percentage per building to compensate)?

This would be amazing for folks who skim from the top with high troops, but the bonus from allies gold is partially there to offset the fact that spies can assassinate.

Still, this would immediately solve the "issue" of hansels making more gold from one to few troops due to bonus from allies - even if potentially crippling troop-heavy builds fighting under pin (unless the gold changes were insane, of course. However, the farther that goes per building, the more the Hansel isn't as weakened by the change).

On the other hand, with this change tanks would be making more gold whenever they could fight from the top.

^ An imperfect solution to be sure. ^

More paint to throw later.

PS: Removing plunder from allies would be a radical move, and would have all kinds of possible side effects outside of war. I'm simply not going down that rabbit hole unless someone actually thinks this is the "best" idea to encourage build diversity.

4. Build is a choice, not a requirement.

5. Yet the side with more is usually loses wars

6. Funny how all the negative comments in this thread come from hansels... can't you guys even see the point? Or your just so greedy you want to "one up" all att builds?

7. Hansels suck lol

iPhone
    

8. 9 non supporters

3-9 war
    6-9 eb smashers
    1 is PS
    1 att
    7 hansels

NOT much input if any but hardly to be expected from 1 dimensional players.
    1 is keen in OSW & built for a purpose

9. Some people come up with the stupidest ideas along with this thread of course.

The small players that try exploit Indi fair enough.

And I suppose its easy to get to those new lands anyway with all the SB so probably not the worst idea I've seen sorry.

10. Hansels are great for eb gold and items, that's true.
    But enter a pvp weekend and everyone is looking for the hansel to unload on. As soon as Indi roster comes up, everyone is complaining about how many hansels are on your team.
    If you are an attack build a hansel can't hit you unless you fight from pin.
    Every build has its advantages, and hansels make more gold, but they are the first target in any kind of pvp. With the size of most sdt these days you have a hard time even getting assassinates in once below 50%

11. Responding to the many comments regarding build choice, yes we could all change and yes it may be slightly cheaper with the aid of build tokens , but where's the fun if we are all the same?
    Again plunder should be based on how many of each building u have and at what level,'m happy to trade some plunder for towers that's a choice.
    What I'm really not happy with is one level 1 att attack building producing a hansel that much plunder never have been never will be!

12. Are you an idiot or..?
    The spy buildings generate the majority of the plunder.

13. Every build has its dis/advantages and anyone can change at any time.
    No support.

14. Yes hansels make more plunder from their spies than their att buildings ...but it's disproportionate to what attack buildings get using their spies for plunder.
    One only needs to look at the plunder differences on any train. Hansels make 2-4 times the plunder than attack builds using spies and troops ..... attack builds make nearly nothing using their spies.

15. No support. I am converting back to attack build. Spies should make more for their spy actions. Tear down your towers and skim attack if you want more plunder. Each build has its advantages so choose one and build. We also don't know how much you can make when BC for an attack, spy or hybrid.

@Tommy- you are correct. You have to decide how you want to play KaW. Hansels can plunder out attack builds unless you are a top lb attacking a low or non lb opponent.

16. Talk to us tanks who war against 1-2.4t in spies.
    When u build up enough SDT i will then also lol

Now i play to war but its getting out of hand so my need to build SDT whilst losing plunder in EB's let alone make less than Hansels to begin with is what a tank faces in these times. So while a Hansel can grow faster to start with Tanks slow down to combat against the same Hansels. Now the only stance acceptable that a Hansel can use is if they play for EB's only. No argument against Hansels whom r poor builds for PvP or EE. If they don't enter then not much of an issue from my end but i am not warring along with other tanks to carry leaky builds. Yes i will hunt Hansels in PvP for easy min troop wins but they too can steal back if in PvP. In either case of a Hansel entering PvP or EE without building ADT to discourage and make attacks fail they choose that build whilst saying its not their problem. Those Hansels who have the BFA and towers for non eb conflicts r not the real issue here. The real issue is EB plunder is the root of OPS thread. Nobody is looking for nerfing Hansels but simply close up the imbalance is all.

I propose releasing larger spy defence pots to help offset the huge spies in EE.
    Also up SDT stats across the board so less plunder lost building SDT and while less r needed.

17. After following this for a while, I think giving towers "bonus plunder from allies" is the most elegant solution. However, in any suggestion like this, it is all in the numbers. I was going to wait and make a post once I did the math, digging, and/or proper testing, but for now, the current recommendation would be the vague political "very low amount of bonus plunder" until I do said work.

Probably won't get to this for a few days, but if people have serious counterpoints, I'll share my reasoning when they are presented.

18. The new lands only exacerbates some issues for those who war.

Eg Hansels continue to make more plunder and build more spy attack further gaining more plunder. Tanks who build SDT to offset Hansels spies fall further behind.

Now is war on the devs agenda other than lumped into events?
    Any new war tweaks or events in the works?

Or status quo........

19. I think u r onto something here.
    Its not a Hansel vs Tank issue as much as its building Hansels is such an obvious choice with the advantages given. Btw i do agree with all posters who say Hansels r at a disadvantage in PvP or EE but those r both opt in situations. The price for those who opt in pay is at the crux of this thread. Towered builds do not complain the need for towers just the plunder that an attack build generates towered or not.

20. So become a hansel? I really don't get why people cry over the game mechanics they apply to everyone if you see a benefit then change build.
    On the downside, you watch 300/400m hansels get whopped by even the smallest attack builds for 7/800m a hit, then when we steal back we get a paltry 50m cos your stats are so tiny