Is the Rap game getting better or worse?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Snoopy, May 30, 2017.

1. West coast 80-90 rap

2. People saying rap is still crap probably stopped following it. Kendrick and J Cole hole the torch now.. and have for a while.. have a listen to their new stuff. especially kendrick.. Travis scott is an amazing artist as well.

3. Rap music sucks

4. The most relevant rap artists I can enjoy listening to are Aesop Rock and Dem Atlas. Besides them I feel like modern rap is complete garbage. Besides them I like Deltron, MF DOOM, old Kid Cudi, Death Grips, and A Tribe Called Quest

5. Rap wouldnt be considered crap these days if mainstream idiots such as young thug, future, lil uzi vert etc didnt get as much fame. There's still really good rappers and lyrical geniuses out there. They are just in the shadow of the "money women fame" type of rappers that are famous these days. Rap hasnt gotten worse, just the wrong people got famous. Just my 2 cents

6. Met spose when living n Maine very chill guy also don't forget about atmosphere and livin legends Aesop Rock and many other indy guys who been around for years. Rap today is all garbo early 90's had great beats and lyrics from tribe to funkdoobist but imo there is a dif between hip hop and rap also

7. It will get worse theres only so many words and combinations of words that have meaning and eventually all phrases will have been used. Once that happens itll just be all repeated and stolen garbage.

8. Drake is best rapper in the world

9. NF is one of the best rappers out there, and he's technically a Christian rapper. At least he raps with a Christian label.

Rap now seems to be turned towards attracting the "thug" crowd, but in the 90's and early 00's it was more towards the partiers and "west coast gangsta's"

10. It's getting worst the chorus an verse not even about the same thing anymore

11. I think rap is getting worse, the content is so watered down and uninspiring.

Before there was emotion and meaning to a song, now its all mumbling on a fast beat to sell a few records

12. "How could I make sense when I got millions on my mind" - Post Malone

13. It's not racist :roll:

14. It's only racist if you take it in a racist context. Only the weak can't handle the G life.

15. Beyond the walls of intelligence, life is defined - Nas

16. Rap game died many years ago

17. This is definitely my list, I don't listen to much rap but everyone on here I like and listen to consistently. I still mainly listen to rock and metal

18. this guy is correct, everyone off that list is trash

19. As an expert and a member of the rap game I'd say there is still good rappers but it is changing now if it's for the better or not that's a person's opinion

20. Ayyyyy Someone else Knows who NF is. LIT