How to make a horrible UI (ATA Edition)

Discussion in 'Other KaW Discussion' started by Ecstasy, May 26, 2017.

1. > Take blurry/low resolution images.
    > Set them as home screen icons.
    > Make sure username text box is small and doesn't match the icon color theme.
    > Make username box have sharp borders, so it throws light on the extremely blurry icons.
    > Use a blurry equipment banner on the home screen.
    > Use different shades of red that don't match, to further throw focus on blurry icons.
    > Don't review. Release after first iteration.
    > Profit, call it the best update ever.

This is how it looks on my Nexus 9 Tablet.
    The name banner layer on the tablet overlaps with the attack and spy bar. Very shody and low quality development. Don't these things get tested before release?

In all seriousness, this has to be the ugliest UI I have ever seen.
    How does something like this even pass the initial review?
    The icons are horribly low resolution, I can't view them properly on a 5.2inch screen, I can only imagine how worse they must be on a bigger screen.
    The username text box has a sharp contrasting border and a color theme that doesn't match the elements below it.

The entire username text area looks out of place and badly designed. In a time where UI/UX designers are trying to streamline design and use industry standard material design practices, we have ATA throw together a random UI with mismatching elements that looks like something you'd see a novice intern create after one class on UI/UX design.

I'm curious, was this designed by one of your interns? At first I thought this was some sort of joke but after talking to support, it looks like they believe this is a good UI.

Sigh. Wake up ATA. For a company that's been around for nearly a decade, I'm shocked to see a rookie UI that looks worse than the previous ancient UI.

2. Hey man they tried really hard to do something this bad. Give them their props.

3. How do u post pic again

4. I agree.... Seriously appalled by the works of the gfx
    And Legends is just re-brandingop of the event

Utter atrocity

5. It sucks because you're on an android. Buy a real phone.

#Apple

6. Legends is different that events because you start a new one when one finishes, it has a story, and you can start some by getting rare drops from ebs. So while it is still events, its completely different.

7. Events had a story. No one really knows what it's about, but they have a story.

8. Yeah, but the difference is that legend stories show people talking versus a big wall of text in the forums on old events.

9. This is what happens when there's no beta test for Android. You get one ugly UI

10. 100 % agree , it looks ugly! People with 2k screens will get eye cancer , but yeah dear ATA devs you decide to cancel the beta test for Android and give us this, Congratulations

11. [/TRUTH]

12. Yeah, I was miffed with that. I understand that ATA likes to under promise and then over deliver, but this is ridiculous.

ATA hasn't responded to the UI complaints in a manner that'd suggest they want to fix it, looks like we're stuck with the ugliest 1990s-esque UI.

13. the graphics are fine on iPhones. and all guys ever do is whine. It's seriously like your on a never-ending period, with a tampon shoved so far up your...nevermind

14. Did you realize we talk about the Android Version and not iOS?!

15. Simple solution. Don't be a peasant. By an iPhone.

16. Looks amazing on droid minus user name may be your screen to itty bitty

17. The screenshot is from my One Plus 3T.
    5.5 Inch, Optic AMOLED, SD 821, 6Gb Ram, one of the best phones of 2016-2017 Q1.

Looks worse on my 5'2 inch Honor 8 which is another flagship. The bigger the screen, the more low res and stretched out the icons look.

18. go buy him one then

19. Playing kaw on a 7" Android tablet here. Looks like utter crap.