I'm getting a Write Up tomorrow for work :/

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by JumpMan123, May 14, 2017.

1. Hay,

I work at a retail store and, I am being targeted by an employer. I do not know her position or status at my work, but she is in charge of the schedules and is also a cashier. She came up to me today telling me that my first customer came up to her and complained that I charged that customer extra. After 5 hours in my shift she came up to me telling me that a customer came to her and told her that I didn't charge that customer an $80 item.

After that my head coach, came to me telling me she won't write me up, but she understood I was new to the workplace.

I was suppose to leave work at 6pm and I let a manger know. So the manger told me to help out the customer so I can leave on time. Before I was about to leave the lady who was accusing me of mishandling the customers came up to me and told me to ring up the next customer, apparently the next customer was a friend of hers and she was chatting to the customer about filling out a survey and to put her name on it so she can win the gift card. Apparently she's in the lead for making the must customer fill out positive reviews.

So I waited politely. Until they where don and I rang that customer. Once I was done and I was about to clock off. That same lady came to me telling me that I'm about to get written off, be as I dint leave on time. She told me to go talk to the head coach. I did and the head coach told me I'm not gonna write you off, because I'm not working. So she'll write me up tomorrow.

I have a feeling I'm behind targeted. And I just felt depressed because of this. I haven't been working for a full two weeks and I'm already being written up?!?!?? I worked for 5 years in retail and I never ever hand anyone complaint about me. How do I know she was telling the truth about those customers.

Is it just fault, also should I talk to a manger if I get written up?

Thanks.

2. Sorry English isn't my first language. But I speak fluent English. But my grammar sucks and spelling so show mercy lol

3. You know what your problem is?.. you're probably ridiculously good looking..

4. Don't deal with her at all unless she is your boss. When she tells you what to do in future just tell her to let your manager know and he can tell you. Stick with the chain.

If she gives you complaints from customers, also tell her to let your manager know and he can advise you.

If she's not your boss then she can just piss off

5. @ashes lol I wish

@Bionic ok. Will do.

What should I do if I get written up. Our policy for this store is, once your written up, that's your last warning, and then you're terminated.

6. Definitely deal with your direct boss/supervisor only. Don't listen to what others say, especially if it's only a cashier. Keep your head down, do your work, usually it will either result in a warning without being written up, or it will simply pass over. If you genuinely feel threatened, talk to the ladies boss, or your supervisors supervisor. I know when I had a problem, I would talk to my store manager, the head of the store, to resolve things quickly. Good luck, welcome to retail.

Source: retail experience, cashier and bagger into management.

7. Also, something I forgot to add, if your job is unionized and you get written up, you have a right by law to request your union representative, and you can fight your write up, if you feel it was wrong.

8. I got a write up once, for handing out too many sauces

9. This is why i hate working retail...

10. Introduce her to kaw then you can bully her instead of the other way around :D

11. Tell her to go fudge her self and quit  if you know what i mean. I know i would.

12. Sounds like bad environment to work in, tell them how you felt about the whole situation and tell them they handled it very unprofessionally. Honestly I wouldn't even bother to waste ur time working there. Work in a place that values your efforts, if they can't respect that then leave.

13. In anticipation of meeting with your supervisor make sure you have documented everything that has transpired so that you can relate all incidents accurately. When discussing the events, do not be over-excited or passionate; keep an even tone. Do not use derogatory terms for the other individual: keep to the high road.

If you are facing termination, labor laws are in place to protect you. You may not have the protection of a union but you can still obtain free legal advice from workers advocate legal groups.

God luck

14. Get yourself one of those digital pocket recorders

People love to tell you that YOU HAVE TO do something

Then at the same time they'll never go on record or say it in writing and also sign it

Get her on recording and likely everything she says to you is going to blow up in her face

If it's clear to you that she is not being helpful and trying to sabotage your position for her own gain your going to need to prove it

Everything you say is used against you, this is words to live by, it's not just what you say to the police or judges, it's what they say to you also, cops love to make stuff up on the spot and lie right to your face, it's all part of being a criminal

I don't go anywhere without some kind of recording device, people will use fraud more often when they know no one can prove it, they'll just lie their way out of it

Once they realize you are setting up a trap and they will be held to account or look foolish they change their tune and straighten up very quickly

15. So been in retail for 1year myself(hoping to leave but for a high school kid best I got). Work for the good old Wally World(Wal-Mart)and have personally not had to deal with your problem. However I do know that if u are facing any sort of problem then start with your main boss and then keep going up the food chain until things get fixed. Keep in mind that u are a person too and have the ability to stand up for yourself. Now u stated that a customer complained about u and another said u did not ring up an $80 item. Both of these are grounds for a write up however if they can't be proven then nothing to worry about there. Also on the problem of u clocking out late. If things went even slightly like u said u are at no fault. Your boss should of gotten u out on time and the girl(problem number one for you) talked to the customer so she caused u to get out even later. But as other people have said this job does not seem like a good one and would recommend finding a new one(out of retail because screw retail and fast food).

16. Listen to this guy, he knows whats going on ;)

17. Aren't these guys the same person?

18. Bionicman? More like bionicwoman