Bracket Based Event!

Discussion in 'Ideas + Feature Requests' started by sean893, Apr 21, 2017.

1. Bracket Based Event!

This is being worked together by me and LilFreak.

__________________________________________________________________________________

In the recent KaW update, events, a major problem that the community feels is the lower ranks not able to keep up with the growth of LB ranks and find it hard to achieve positions in event LB ranks. It is understandable that LB is not at fault as they, like in any other game, spend to get better in the game so blaming them and developers ‘entirely’ for the dying of the game wouldn’t seem valid. Question is how to minimize this gap? Well, here is a proposed solution:

Events based on Brackets!

As we have observed different tiers in Individual Wars for keeping a balance in players where they war with their own level players and enjoy the same reward percentage, similarly it could be done for these brackets on the basis of the entire event too!

My proposal is to, on the basis of the stats as judged during individual matches, the community can be grouped up in 100-200 people randomly (could be more or the entire bracket, not necessary that there will be only a single group of same stats, it could be different groups on the same level too) but with the same levels in stats. There reward would be lesser than the main ongoing event but it will become an addition to the items they earn through the main event. This will help them keep up with the rest of the LB!

To explain in detail, here is an example provided below:

• 1) A leaderboard consists of only players within the 10-15mcs range. Top 10 players in that range contains at least 27,443 Favors of Kyzarian.

• 2) A secondary leaderboard consists of only players within the 40-50 mcs range. Top 10 players in that range contains at least 14,417 Favors of Kyzarian.

• 3) A third leaderboard consists of only players within the 100-120 mcs range. Top 10 players in that range contains at least 23,914 Favors of Kyzarian.

All these leaderboards will take place under the bracket-based event.

The reward opportunities will be the same for all brackets. If the 10-15mcs range’s Top 10 rewards consist of 1,000 silver bars, the top 10 rewards for the 40-50 mcs AND the 100-120 mcs range will also get 1,000 silver bars.

__________________________________________________________________________________

But what’s the point when the LB will also have the same event?
    Well, there are two approaches to it.

• 1. Creating a level of stats after which such events would stop happening for the players. (Specially build complete players)

• 2. Keep on increasing the rewards as bracket level goes lower.

________________________________________________________________________________

Potential Problems

A player who is currently 15mcs, stands on the 10-15 mcs bracket leaderboard. So if they upgrade their buildings to increase their stat to 16mcs and over, it will opt him out of that leaderboard on the spot.

Questions and Opinions?

This is an idea open for the community at large to discuss. What you do think about this idea, what can you add and what do you feel is most workable for you in this event?

END OF THREAD

2. Great idea Sean :) Support

3. Unrelated but um..

END OF THREAD

Can I steal this plz?

4. Hmm. Too long a read. I didn't bother.
    Just wanted to drop a reply

5. Great idea.. I fully support..

May I also suggest a slightly different Bracket type as an alternative?

Here we go..

The Whales Bracket

This bracket is for insane Ferrari driving, Glitch abusing, Xtal jailing, Xpress Training, "How the hell did they get 20 thousand items in the first day!?" Crowd of KaW Whales who KaW in their Salvatore Ferragamo underwear..

*insert mournful whale sounds

OSW Thugs Bracket

This bracket is for bored fighters in OSW's who just want to get swag while getting a chance to unload on clans outside of osw and cause trouble..

Imbeciles Bracket

This bracket is for those clueless players who buy 2500 Aqua tokens instead of 1500 inferno tokens and 1000 Aqua tokens

Casual Unloaders Bracket

They just want to unload while they sneak Kaw at work/school.. give them good swag too damnit..

The Masochists Bracket

Yea.. you know who you are.. the kind that still tries after 5 consec fails at the Mage.. you like pain.. you want agony..

Give them some equip that requires 30 levels of upgrade

The Sisyphus Bracket

Bring sally up, bring sally down..

Lift and squat, gotta tear the ground..

Bring sally up.. Bring sally down..

Lift and squat, gotta tear the ground

6. I can already see me creating 4more statless accounts and abusing this so much

7. Last time I checked these events help small players grow fast, like this event if small players stay in and just get 4k items (which isn't much) they would receieve 6.6T from sb , bigger builds like me get 50k-80k item tier and only get 10T from it, so small players are favored to ratio wise

8. Sure, go ahead! It's not like I'm making this 'All Rights Reserved'. It's just a

bb code!

:D

9. I support this sean ! Great as always!

10. Sounds pretty good tbh ^_^ rare that a kawrum idea is well thought out, original and useful these days :lol:

11. Elaborate please?
    There will not be item collection rewards like in the main event. Just for top 10-50 or something which is LB based as explained by Sean. I believe it would still make you compete for it?

12. This idea seems like something interesting to give a go. I mean if we look at it this way devs are up for experimenting things such as the event going on now. So why not see if something like this can be given a test run to see how it affects all that participate. So I'll say support.

13. support ??‍♂️ the devs better read and (at least) try to implement this idea.

14. Disclaimer: I didn't read the op

I would like to see a tournament based ee event which is broken up into size brackets

The midget division, the mini mids, the upper mids and the bc/lb bracket

15. Every time I read the start of a good idea and see that it's someone who wants to get the same rewards as players who are bigger than them...

Top 10 is for top 10. You want the same rewards for being top 10 in the lowest bracket?

We have an ATA hockey team and we won our championship series this year AND last year. Pretty impressive I know. We got some gold medals (painted gold, not real gold) and it was sweet. But also we are in the second worst division in one of the lowest leagues in the city. We aren't expecting to get millions of dollars and the Stanley cup.

If we did a bracket based event (which for a PVP event might be interesting), it's not likely that we are going to give the same rewards to everyone.

16. So everyone can get the exact same rewards from events now no matter size but if there was brackets the smaller guys would get less? Sorry that makes no sense why not the big guys get less?

17. Events should be the one thing that is completely fair to every player bigs make more from ebs anyway. I don't really support this thread I see no need for it but I'm just saying. Events only need tweaking so everyone gets the same drops from ebs and PvP no matter size it would be fair again. But sadly we have developers like mark here who think their big players should have everything handed to them on a plate while the new players struggle and quit in a week.