New Event Format - Success or Failure? Improvement's?

Discussion in 'Ideas + Feature Requests' started by Xx_Skepter_xX, Apr 18, 2017.

1. Like many of you know, the devs have responded to the avid thirst for PvP with the recent change of format to the extremely repetitive and dull events.

These new events offered PvP to those who wanted it. Though it was confusing to begin with, these new events have been easy to get adjusted to, and have been far more interesting than previous attempts at changing the events around (e.g Aqua/Inferno).

"PvP At Last", but was it enough?

The addition of PvP has meant more players have needed to be on their toes, far more alert and have needed to keep there guards up at all times.

From what I've seen, some players have been more effected by others. The world chat has become a ruthless hunting ground and so much as posting an ad can get you attacked and stolen from. This means some players get effected more than others. A member from my clan got over 1 tril gold taken from him on the first day and because of the new format. At the time, he thought he was just being farmed. Yet on the other hand, I've only sent ads after unloading and when I've been hit I've kept my troops down, when offline (sleeping and such) i haven't been hit once.

It seems to be down to luck, and if you can keep a low profile.
    The new spells have helped also but i haven't really seen the effects of them make a huge difference, besides the greater fatelock shield.

So in general, the addition of PvP has rejuvenated the game slightly but because of the randomness and the scale of people barely getting hit to some getting strip farmed it could do with some more work as it seems rather unbalanced.

Opt in or Opt out??

I'm a self proclaimed eb fairy. I avoid wars and I'm not overly fond of PvP, but due to the sheer difference in the rewards i felt almost forced to stay opted in. Because I played extremely defensively, those who hit me most of the time got nothing and moved on.

If this new format is continued the difference in drops and the amount required to get them needs to be decreased. Of course PvP is difficult and therefore deserves an added bonus but punishing players who want to choose ebs over PvP isn't right.

A few other things:

1), Collecting only one item compared to the two collected in previous events makes a lot of sense and because of what felt like faster progress I felt like playing more.

2), Banking 2k per day is reasonable and i think it shouldn't require any changes.

3), I feel that drops such as inferno and aqua needs to be increased, with larger equips like the recent chestplate drop take over 25 of both to upgrade, that's not much in the way of an upgrade. With my standard drops, I would have enough to upgrade it maybe 5 times and that doesn't include any failures and set backs.

Please let me know what you think of the new event format and comment it below. Hopefully devs use what we write here to improve this new formula

2. Ignoring mechanics completely, this event has made gameplay itself consistently, legitimately fun for me for the first time in a long while. Even if the rewards weren't good, even though some of the mechs are a bit unbalanced, I'm enjoying farming and being farmed (with so far zero complaints from anyone!) so very thoroughly.

Seriously. I've been hit, at a bare minimum estimate, at least 50x/day since event started. I hit varying amounts depending on my clan's ebs. I feel so emergized about playing. I missed the days of being a farmer just for the laughs, people take it so darn seriously now.

Choosing targets is more fun. Now I have a much better incentive to hit players much bigger. I have extra incentive to find players who do lots of ebs, especially premium ones to hit. They pay more because they're bigger than me. They pay more because they have more drops. And they hit back less often because they have ebs to hit. It's glorious.

The mobile GAME I play is much more fun now. That's the point of games. I might not grow quite as fast between events, but I'm enjoying things so much more that I really don't care (extra sb may balance that too). A game has made itself more fun and I am very, very happy about how this event worked out.

3. There is a huge flaw to this statement. Hitting someone a lot bigger than you and getting a large drop does not mean they have a lot more items than you. This in fact is the largest unbalanced issue. The number of its you win is far more effected by the size difference than it is how many items they have. Now I'm not saying it doesn't play a big role. But if you hit someone 3x your size with lots of items vs someone with fewer that's just as big as them, i guarantee you still get a large drop. But should they decide to return hits, you could have 500k items and they'll be lucky to scrape 1k from you. This event by far benefits the smalls the most and the mids next. Even though this event has some major problems, it is fun. But it is entirely too long for something like this. This kind of event should be a weekend event. 3-4 days tops. There also needs to be caps put in place for those people that only seem capable to hit hansels that are much larger than them ( no I'm not accusing you of that ). 1 out of 10 this event gets a 4, until they fix all of the balancing issues, and reduce the time it lasts( if they decide to run it again ).

4. Untrue, IME. I get anywhere from 70-1600 from ~400mcs Hansels. That's dependent on number of favors, not relative strength. Hitting the same person over time has yielded vastly different numbers too (generally increasing over time).

Also, I straight up said, at least twice, that I wasn't commenting on mechanics. So trying to put down my opinion by whining about mechs ignores the entire spirit of my post.

5. That hasn't been my experience or my clan mates experience. Maybe you're lucky.
    I was giving my view on things. Perhaps I should have separated it, so you wouldn't think it had something to do with you. I specifically said it wasn't about you though. Pointing out major issues with the event, isn't whining. I already said I was having fun. But there are things that seriously need improved upon.

6. This event was meant to keep people on their toes. Pvp isnt supposed to be a relaxed activity, you have to watch for inc and e prepared to hit back, I believe more pvp events will help activity levels as well. Also, you won't randomly receive inc if you are no fun to hit…you have to participate to be really in the action :lol: *insert thumbs up

7. Have you guys been hitting the same targets to compare? (Sincere question, not accusatory in any way. It's hard to tell through text.) My rewards vary wildly among different people.
    I also haven't paid attention to whether or not different action (atk vs stl) give different rewards from the same person. Honestly I've been enjoying this first event for the wild ride of extended, unrelenting pvp than for mechanics analysis. From my perspective, no guarantee on if it'll be a repeat event style, and the goal I've been chasing was within range with mild to moderate pvp, so getting constant heavy hits out hasn't been a huge thought of mine.

Sorry to jump down your throat, I've gotten very used to people reacting very poorly at me for expressing my opinion on this event. I have unfortunately gotten a tad touchy about it.

8. agreed^. Hitting different people, no matter the size, drops various amounts of items. I might receive 300 from a smaller player or 15 from a bigger one. All depends on how many items they have unbanked atm.

9. Either you pay or get trashed by the same hitters all the time, I will not spend a dime. They blow their money on a game. Pretty funny.

10. I have not paid a cent, and have done decently well. That being said, I'm not very big :lol:

11. I'll be honest, over the past few months I've been on and off. More off than on. I found out about this event a few days ago and I've been on this game non stop. My activity on Kaw has gone back up to at least 12 hrs or more per day like it used be. I enjoy the event and Kaw again for once. Kaw has became my #1 game again. :)

12. Very good, love seeing my items go up to 15k and drop to 3k overnight.

13. This is how the game was and this is what we loved back in the day. I almost feel like I'm back 6 and a half years!
    WC should be a hunting ground. (^ω^)

14. I love the pvp. Only reason I still come here! Now if pvp dropped random things like the ebs/chests do, then Id def play every day. Gold is up so that's good, its gotta at least rival eb pay to keep me intrigued. Overall, very nice addition, devs.

This is just my opinion. My 2 cents.

15. Would be nice to see pvp separate from eb rewards. Having eb items convert and combined with pvp dilutes the pvp aspect. I would be really surprised if the top 50 have not been parked in an hte clan throughout, and rarely hitting others.

16. First off.....YES! I love it. I'm too busy to pvp during weekend events or osw. The shields offer a nice balance of protection with out overdoing it. Even with my whack schedule I've been doing fairly ok.

No one wants to talk mechs but I have a bit of input. Been trading hits with the same 2 cats most of the event. The amount of items I've gotten from them is vastly up from the first 2 days or so. They haven't been growing any kind of fast so it's gotta be a ton of items

17. Opt in...I'm enjoying kaw more than i have in a few years, hope they keep development headed in this direction.

18. People need to opt in when they have favor not auto opt in thats the only problem i have with it, and the drop ratios are garbage

19. The need to make fairies opt in would kill it lol.
    Need chaos ಠ_ಠ

20. In my opinion the event was a step in the right direction, it offer variety to the previous copy and paste events. The event could be improved upon in my opinion.

Firstly I think the event is too long as to do well you require a lot of activity which could cause players to burn out. I would recommend a 2-4 day event so those with rl commitments feel they can participate.

Hit ranges will probably need tightening up to make it harder for small builds to milk larger builds; also reduce the benefit of drop builds benefiting so much from the event.

Reduce the amount a small players gains from hitting a larger build.

Make the bl more dynamic, refresh more frequently with new names of varying sizes and builds, give the guys at fury a break. Additionally exclude those with the shield up and maybe show more accounts with no guard.

I'm sure there are more improvements to be made but nonetheless I think the event was a great idea with maby positive apects and a good sign for the game.

I would list all the positives but this post is long enough as it is.

-MF