Wolf the budist everyone

Discussion in 'Other KaW Discussion' started by XxXbatdogXxX, Apr 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Buddhist tradition is most clearly associated with non-violence and the principle of ahimsa (“no harm”). By eliminating their attachments to material things, Buddhists try to combat covetousness, which in itself has the potential to become a source of anger and violence against others. By tradition, the Buddha himself prevented a war between the Sakyas, his own clan, and the Koliyas. When the Buddha went to the battlefield and discovered the reason for the war was a dispute over water, he immediately engaged the opposing rulers in conversation. He questioned them about whether water was more worthy than the blood of fellow human beings. Another paradigmatic example is the Emperor Ashoka, who ruled the Indian subcontinent during the third century BCE and, after his conversion to Buddhism, felt remorse for the death and suffering caused by his military campaigns and embraced the dharma (Buddhist teaching). Some Buddhist texts do sanction taking human lives in exceptional cases to protect the sangha or defend the innocent. However, most Theravada and Mahayana Buddhists today reject even these exceptional justifications of killing. Influential proponents of an engaged Buddhism committed to non-violence include Thich Nhat Hanh (Vietnam) and Maha Ghosananda (Cambodia).

This information brought to you by:

https://berkleycenter.georgetown.edu/es ... d-violence

Gandhi proclaimed himself a Buddhist
    Hindustan Times[Wednesday, June 14, 2006 10:50]
    By PK Balachandran

Mahatma Gandhi: In the 1920s, Mahatma Gandhi proclaimed himself a Buddhist, saying that Buddhism was rooted in Hinduism and represented its essence.

During his visit to Sri Lanka in 1927, Gandhi had no hesitation in declaring that he was a "Buddhist" because he saw Buddhism as cleansed Hinduism.

In his book Gandhiji in Ceylon (S Ganesan, Publisher, Triplicane, Madras 1928) his Secretary and chronicler Mahadev Desai quotes Gandhi as saying that the Buddha was a "Hindu of Hindus".

In a speech at the Young Men's Buddhist Association, Gandhi said: "He (Gautama) was saturated with the spirit of Hinduism, with the Vedic spirit." "And so far as I am aware, he never rejected Hinduism or the message of the Vedas." What the Buddha did was to introduce a "living reformation in the petrified faith that surrounded him," Gandhi said.

In a speech delivered at the renowned Buddhist college, Vidyodaya, in Colombo, Gandhi said, that it was his "deliberate opinion" that the essential parts of the teachings of the Buddha formed an "integral part of Hinduism." "By his immense sacrifice, by his great renunciation and the immaculate purity of his life, he left behind an indelible impress upon Hinduism," Gandhi said of the Buddha. "And Hinduism owes an eternal gratitude to that great teacher," he added.

"It is my fixed opinion that Buddhism or rather the teachings of the Buddha found its full fruition in India, and it could not be otherwise, for Gautama was himself a Hindu of Hindus."

"He was saturated with the best that was in Hinduism, and he gave life to some of the teachings that were buried in the Vedas and which were overgrown with weeds." "His great Hindu spirit cut its way through the forest of words, meaningless words, which had overlaid the golden truth that was in the Vedas." "He made some of the words in the Vedas yield a meaning to which the men of his generation were strangers." "And he found in India, the most congenial soil," Gandhi asserted.

"Buddha never rejected Hinduism but broadened its base. He gave it a new life and a new interpretation," the Father of the Indian Nation said.

He then went to the extent of saying that what Hinduism did not take from Buddhism, was not important.

"I would venture to tell you that what Hinduism did not assimilate of what passes for Buddhism today, was not an essential part of Buddha's life and teachings." The Buddha's teaching was, like his heart, "all expanding and all embracing", which made it survive his own body and sweep across the face of the earth.

"I claim that this achievement is a triumph of Hinduism," Gandhi declared

Information sited from:

http://www.phayul.com/news/article.aspx?id=12881

2. Re: Wolf the budust everyone

You insufferable nitwit, tell me again exactly how much studying you have done?

3. Re: Wolf the budust everyone

Probably the most butt hurt thing I've ever seen in my life :p

4. Re: Wolf the budust everyone

Coming from a tiny alt?

5. Re: Wolf the budust everyone

And the relevance that has is what? Anyway you carry on trying to hop on the wolf beef :)

EDIT: wait I know who you are! You're the guy w/ the fake rl relationship w/ that fake girl :)

6. Sorry. What's the purpose of this?

Jesus was a Jew and only preached to Jews.

7. Re: Wolf the budust everyone

Trying to hop on? You know how much exactly? As I've stated before MY REASONS TO DISLIKE HIM ARE SEPERATE FROM THE OTHER GROUPS.

Post with your main if you actually have anything worthwhile to say,he preaches that he's this that or the other without knowing anything. Those posts took litterally 2 minutes of searching. Verses his self acclaimed "Years of being a Budist".

8. Purpose of this being, claiming a religion & knowing nothing of it.

9. Lmao bat was after wolf long before the rest of us where

10. Bat, you obviously didn't do that much research considering you can't even spell Buddhist

Thanatos, please do learn to spell for our sake if not yours :)

11. First & formost, I never claimed to be this religion.

Secondly, you Attack my personal life & my grammar in a effort to win this loosing debate?

Thirdly, Right? Wrong? Good? Bad? At least I'm brave enough to speak my mind with my actual main instead of hiding behind a alt.

Lastly, calling my relationship into question is kinda old. Roni, already tried that & even dressed it up all nicely then still failed. At least I can say she did offer a good effort however.

12. Not your personal life if it's not true, and didn't attack your spelling once but if you want me to then, it's "losing debate" not "loosing" and "foremost" not "formost". Also you're just another eb fairy so quite frankly there would be no point giving you my main as you'll just be another wall warrior over there :p

13. You insufferable twit, what is this?

14. I was raised Buddhist by my father.
    But, it doesn't really play into my life much outside of funerals and death-related stuff.

Anyway, wanna see deadly Buddhists, look at Aum Shinrikyo.

There are lots, btw. This is just one example

15. Put up or shut up, PROVE that Hades is just a Kaw relationship..... Oh wait YOU CANT can you? You couldn't find anything better to call me out on so you bring this up? Really, try again forum warrior.

16. There are exceptions of course, however according to the research there was reason or probable cause. Not just a internet game.

17. My bad, going back to effort anyway; what effort was put into this forum when even the title is spelt wrong? and the point is completely irrelevant apart from the fact of trying to say that he isn't a Buddhist which he clearly is, I don't see the point why he would lie? But if you do as you are an extremely intellectual individual you could explain?

18. Put up or shut up, PROVE he's not a Buddhist. Oh wait YOU CANT

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.