Military

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by llllRAINllll, Apr 2, 2017.

1. So I'm finish my Bachelors in Criminal Justice (I'll be 21) and I was wondering if I should join the military or go straight to the police academy?
    If any military folks can tell me what the military is like for all tranches I'd be very interested.

Thanks

2. Sorry I'm not affiliated with the military.

3. You can either try to commission since you will have your degree or you can go to the academy. Dependent on where you live I think your pay will be similar as an O1 or a civilian cop.

4. My brother went to Marines to get credentials for a police job. They are more apt to consider with military experience, no matter the branch

5. To be honest with you, just go to the academy. If you go the military route you're just gonna be a boot butter bars and even your lance criminals are gonna mess with you.

6. I was once told by my marine recruiter who was trying to get me in at the time , that having that on your resume will most likely get you any job in law enforcement compared to someone who hasn't served.

Depending on what your going for .. your already 21 you'd have to serve at least 4 years minimum so it is all on you if it's worth it leaving for that long for the job your looking for

7. If you are considering and questioning the military choice, then probably not what you are looking for.

You and only you can answer if you want to serve and possibly die for your country.

Yes the police will give you more consideration.
    But you need to be 100% certain as to why you are going into the military.
    What you bring to them. And what they can give you.
    If it's just a career move. You won't want to be there

8. Go to the police academy with your degree. If being a police officer is what you really want to do.

MP's (Military Police) is as close of a job as you'll get with your degree but you can apply for officer school.

I am former Army, but if you decide to join the military I would suggest the coast guard on the assumption of your career choice.

Tell me, what is the major reasons why you are wondering rather to join the military instead of jumping into the police academy?

9. Then why are you even posting on the thread

10. Pretty much every time i see your post you are roasting the same person... :lol:

11. Provost marshal is the most powerful man on the land

12. May I suggest working at the Krusty Krab?

13. I wish to join for credentials and of course because I love America

14. Depends on what your goals are. The military changes people to different degrees. Some are completely different some are just a bit different. This can mess with your long term goal both life and career. Very few people are unaffected by training. Not saying you'll return back home with PTSD.

Career wise some military time could be very beneficial.

15. Well said like chaos said only you can decide. All my father side of the family was military and that's how i grew up. I loved the choice that i served but it's not for everyone. Go to recruiters and do your homework. Just remember don't join thinking your not going to deploy because you will.

16. It really depends on what you want. I'm a Marine and it's awesome. Going to OCS and becoming an officer would be tougher and a lot harsher on you, mentally and physically, than going to t Academy.