Change "events" to "quests"

Discussion in 'Ideas + Feature Requests' started by x_x, Mar 29, 2017.

1. If kaw was my game or I had some creative pull

I would move the "events" into the "quest" that way noobs can replay them over again and get the better version of the equipment

And while the events become replayable quests I would make the quest/event ui look more like an epic battle by adding some cool monster or other theme depending on the quest, like the hot air balloon

Also doing this will reduce the overhead and increase the bottom line by not having so much pressure to develope new events all the time by just making each event more permanent by putting them in quests

Also I would take away the recipe combinations so everyone only has to do one eb to collect the things, they could stay in home clan and it would be possible for everyone to be on different individual quest events

Devs could keep adding more quests and equipment levels but all the pressure and expenses to create new exciting events will be gone pretty much instantly

Some of the drops would have to be tweaked or removed, like the banners, if you gain 1 banner level each time you replay the quest that would work better than collecting tokens which would be exploited if they aren't removed after the quest is over

That would also force people to replay if they want high level banners and could even keep the leader board for people who want to try to get first place rewards

The quest button is rarely used if at all, some replay quests for nobility and crystals but the drops are so rare and so little comes from it, it's not really worth it because your losing the gold you would have earned attacking eb

2. Re: If I was a developer

Honestly this isn't a bad idea. Maybe have a way to integrate clans into it. For x amount of gold, your clan has a week to get as many of the items, therefore letting newer members and older members get upgrades, banner tokens, etc

3. Re: If I was a developer

Honestly I would strive towards more player equality, but I respect whatever the devs do.

4. Re: If I was a developer

Supoort this version

5. Re: If I was a developer

I like it but keep quests, always nice to farm nobs for a name change every now and then ya know

6. Re: If I was a developer

If you were a developer, no one would play this game.

7. Re: If I was a developer

Ouch.

8. Re: If I was a developer

If your were a developer but you aren't

9. Re: If I was a developer

This may actually se like a good idea at first glance.
    And I agree with the desire to allow growth and better more equal chances to gain the top equipment.
    However the first hurdle is that this reduces if not excludes the need to spend anything on the game chasing the big shinies that so many pay for.

You would have to tie this into clan activity to make it worth while as a community event. Yes people already jump. But with a quest system no one would need to care about anyone else and damage the social aspect first which would be the largest issue.

Promoting a fully inclusive action based system is far more important than this at the moment.

But it may have merit later on as an add on for lower tiered equipment for newer players in the future.

10. Re: If I was a developer

11. Re: If I was a developer

Dunno why makes me think of the Beyonce song "if I where a boy" an I can picture op in that dress shaking his/her booty

12. Re: If I was a developer

When a dev supports how bad a burn was..

13. Re: If I was a developer

I don't see how people would stop trying to get to top ten just because they have control of when the event starts and having the ability to go back and play it again so please elaborate

I did suggest the leader board stay for that reason (continue spending)

Do you need to care about anyone else currently in the event system (as it is) to be successful in the event?

All the "caring" we have now is maybe your admin starts one eb over the other depending which drop majority of clan mates need

I suggested that the recipe combinations be removed so only one eb is needed

I look forward to your thread idea about fully inclusive action based system

14. Re: If I was a developer

But you aren't ...

15. For everyone saying that x_x isn't a developer, hypothetical must just fly right over your heads, replies to "but you arent..." are anti productive and really only make you look stupid. I have to be honest I didn't fully understand/comprehend this idea, I'll read it over again. I do agree with two points though, we need a new addition to the quests, and I think it should be possible some how to be able to get these extremely powerful equipment items in the future. Or are the devs just going to keep releasing new equipment that puts all the equipment before it completely obsolete? Like, how people spent tons to get all those beautiful crystal eq, just to have these new ugly eq with insane stats. Also , I've been as active as possible but real life made it so I was unable to take advantage of the last few events in which these huge eq's have been released, so now I'm completely at a loss with noobs less than one third my size able to attack me and win. Thanks for your time, and keep up the good work x_x you're an extremely brilliant dude.

16. yeah x_x is devs they just use this account to suggest crazy things and know our opinion since we bash them whenever dev post

17. Re: If I was a developer

Support for this version as well, good original idea though

18. I really don't know what I think of this.

19. This is horrible in every way

20. Ripperoni