Favorite Books (^.^)

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Lonesong, Mar 15, 2017.

1. The Alchemyst series (Michael Scott)
    The Eragon series (Christopher Paolini)
    The Dreamers series (David Eddings)
    The Belgariad Series (David Eddings)
    Any James Patterson book
    Any Shakespeare plays/books (try out No Fear Shakespeare if the old English gets too much)

2. Girl with a Dragon Tattoo trilogy.

There is a 4th book by a different author, but I have yet to read it. (Original author died before the original books were published.)

3. I was going to come here to suggest it! Happy to see it so quick.

4. wow kaw really is full of nerds i suppose ill have to check out the book since charlie approves it.

thanks guys ill be set for a year with all these recommendations

5. Bringing this back up to suggest The Incarnations by Susan Baker. Such a page turner. She paints a movie with her words in a non-annoying way.

And to the person who suggested the Eragon series: I admire your endurance. The first book was great, the second book was so boring. Didn't even bother reading the third.

Currently I'm trying to read something by Isaac Asimov, Something Something Infinity. Gives me a headache.

6. Can we agree to bomb Pat's blog with requests for book 3? I think it's a solid plan.

7. Any book by James Patterson *exaggerated full stop* :)

8. 2nd book was way better than most but fell short of the level of the first one ...let's hopehe can tie it all together well in the end...I am ready to be disappointed tbh too much work left for book 3

9. A series of books by Richard k Morgan about Takeshi kovacs (use google) sci-fi

The dark tower series by Stephen king

R.A Salvatore's Demon Wars saga

Wish I had more time to reads......maybe less kaw.....

10. Les miserable
    Count of monte cristo

My fav books

11. Stephen King,Terry Brooks,Terry Goodkind...those 3 have enough books between them to keep you occupied for years to come.

12. so anyone got any new books for me

recently started the red rising series and its great i highly recommend

13. The three little pigs.

14. Flowers for Algernon by Daniel Keyes

And as for my young self, Silverwing saga by Kenneth Oppel

15. Six suspects
    Face of death

16. Red fish
    Blue fish
    One fish
    Two fish...

And Lysander Spooner
    No treason: The constitution of no authority
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_HYr64X5tG8

It is an epic tale about true freedom, contract law, and consent, it's about how we really are not bound by the institutions created by our countrymen [Cruden v Neale]

It's about how our self proclaimed "representatives" do not actually represent anyone and they can't be our agents because we have no control over them, we are not liable for their actions, and they are not accountable to us

It's about the taxman violating our rights to get the money to protect our rights, and at least the highwayman is decent enough to rob you and leave you instead of following you everywhere lording over you and robbing you in perpetuity

How the tax man must murder you so others don't get the idea they too can not volunteer to pay tax

How the constitution was never signed and how no one is asked to sign it because it's well known that no one would sign it

How no one can take a document that's unsigned and undelivered into a court and claim it creates an obligation on an uninterested third party without their consent

It's a great book by a great man who took on the post office and provided a better service delivering directly to the house cheaper than anyone else

It's because of Lysander Spooner that today we can still mail a letter for 3 cents if you know how to address it zip code exempt (see domestic mail manual and Uniform Postal Union manual)

17. And here we see a wild x_x in its natural habitat, trying to butt in on another post with his anti-government political views.

But aside from that, I've seen you guys mention a few Terry's, but you're all missing the most important one! TERRY PRATCHETT! The man is a legend, anything by him is a good read in my book *puns* :)

Edit 1: A few books by him to get you started are:

The Colour of Magic
    Good Omens
    Mort
    Men at Arms

Edit 2: The Golden Compass trilogy is very good as well

18. He's explaining a book whats the problem?

19. Any Mark Tufo series: these are best
    (Zombie fallout, lycan fallout, A shrouded world, United States of Apocalypse)
    Each is a different series

John Conroe: The demon accords

Jonathan Mayberry: Joe ledger series

All books above are best in audiobook form as the narration is second to none, I sit in painfully long traffic daily so I listen to a lot of audiobooks . These are also good reads as well.

20. I'm just saying, it's not exactly the fantasy genre material OP said he preferred