Community Wishlist Response

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by [ATA]Charlie, Mar 15, 2017.

1. Is this spam?

2. The obvious fact is that new players will never catch up unless they spend big. That said, why would anyone think otherwise? The facts of life are that life isnt fair. You shouldnt expect to be on a level playing field with multi year players just because your started this year.

The realities of life dictate different....acceptnot and earn whatnyou want.

3. Good point Satan, those that just started think they should be BC like us that spent the time. This game isn't about instant gratification it's about attrition

4. Edited out. Refer to my comment at the bottom of the page.

5. been playing 6+ years, active as hell, every single day, and I'm no where near bc. it's a double edged sword for the devs, no new lands, people are pissed, new lands and people are pissed, I for one am grateful they've found a middle ground saying there will be new lands but delayed them.
    with that being said
    release the next eb after Goth, it's been too damned long
    improve the war system and reward those that pvp
    reward those that stay loyal to their clans
    do something about the plunder imbalance between spy and atk builds. if you think it's a problem now then wait until new lands are released and the problem is magnified tenfold or more

6. After Careful Analysis of the previous BC users, I have came to the conclusion such that when the time comes to release new lands, not only release one, but release a second/ second tier as in osman rai.

They are right. They shouldn't be BC in less than 2 months. They should spend a year or more to become BC.

The solution to this is obvious. The first set of lands removes all funds that they had saved, such that they would need at least 10x that amount to bc that land.

[☆]However, this first land would have stats similar to HF(in regards to CS/billion cost). The Price of unlocking lands would cost significantly more than the upgrades of buildings.

[☆]Now the second set of lands would be similar to Osman rai (lvl 1-10, such that they provide a much better plunder boost and stat boost. In essence this would be the treasure chest

The way to remove the potential "abuse" would be to require players to unlock all 25 lands of the previous set of lands. Furthermore, unlike in the lands before this, the price for the land( in the second set of lands) would be significantly smaller, but the upgrade and building cost would be higher.

[☆]This would act as both a gold sink, and a buffer, allowing other users to "catch up" in stats.

Its easy to please everyone

*Edits* obviously this isn't a permanent solution, but rather a mid term solution to increase the longevity of this game

7. The fact of life doesn't take retaining newcomers into account

And really? Think. Everyone here is not arguing that they want to be a LB account. They're arguing that smalls should at least feel like they've got a chance, so they stay playing and stay spending.

If the 5 people who wanted lands got their way, hundreds would have left. Maybe you should pace yourself with your spending and enjoy the growing before you bc yourself again

8. So because we chose to pvp for years we don't count?
    Spending actually is more fun when you help a loyal clan. Not just chasing lb slots.
    I spent a lot more before abysmal lands came out than now.
    There is no point chasing build complete.
    Those who spent more or started earlier will always be further ahead.
    That used to mean something. It used to carry a risk.
    You grew.
    You brought and overpriced allies.
    And fought to keep the best active ones.

But there was alway the risk that you could be stripped and lose it all.
    It's happened to me more than once.

Now. Who cares ?
    People chase build complete as a status symbol.
    Shiny equipment from events and other things that literally are just about mines bigger than yours.

It's ridiculous, the endgame used to be have a kingdom and bc and war with what you built.

Now it's just grow with no end in sight.
    Why?
    So you can beat a community that has given up?
    There is no desire for many to chase ebs non stop. If we wanted to non stop grow then we would play a crop farming game.
    There is little to keep clans together.

Now I love the lb that pay to support the game.
    But being part of a community that has no hope of competing with you is pointless.
    Kaw without a community is pointless

To go with only catering to big spenders, you may as well ban every non spender and make kaw totally exclusive for the elite.

There have been suggestions that cater for both types of player with no response.

So what is that huge build going to do? Where does the risk come into the game ?

Tap away on bigger ebs all the time. When is big enough big enough?
    And hownwouod you help keep the community strong ?

New lowlands ?
    Destrucatable buildings on new large lands to act as a sink.
    What would you do to make the game more competitive?

And I in no way advocate a method for smalls to get big within a short period of time. But there should be visible growth. And an endgame at some point.

It just seems silly, that to so many build complete is endgame.
    When that should be when the fun starts.
    You are free to war without risk of being held back. You can destroy opponents on the leaderboard. And so forth.

But if no one wants to fight on kaw. And compete. Why play?

9. Moving my conversation here per ATA Mark's request. I will actually write this out instead of ramble so that my points are clearly made and not mistaken for banter or ill will. This is not being posted as a way to malicious or to undermine your efforts but to point out why lands hurt the base community and how it turns KaW one dimensional.

New Land and Builds are detrimental to the gameplay of Kingdoms at War for multiple reason and only provides 2 advantages vs many negative aspects.

Those two good things are as followed:
    Give another Gold Sink to the LB other than allies and pots.

Allows some players to move into the starting stages of this land and build update to get a quick stat and plunder boost.

Both of which increases the income of ATA which I approve, I want ATA to make money, but they hurt the gameplay and economy of KaW.

Note: Building Tokens will soon be released so I will remove all arguments of how this update hurts players looking to grow only and all debates about new players. I do this with the assumption that the build tokens will help bridge these issues.

OSW/Strip Wars:

The primary issue in OSW is that clans must grow to keep their rank and dominance. We have witness many prominent OSW clans fail at this game in the past two years because of their style of game play and the focus on growth over war has lead many to quit. I was among them but the social aspect of the game saw me return because of my friends in New Age.

The stat ranges, or gap, is so incredible that it is overwhelming. You can no longer go into a war, clan vs clan or alliance vs alliance or any makeshift of the two and war like you once could. Rosters have to be sectioned out and players can no longer enjoy a healthy clan target or focus like they once could because of the hit ranges. This forces a breakdown in the roster to go after targets.

That would be fine, but with constant releases of new lands and builds always in the way, much focus must be forced on growth. An aspect many war going accounts do not enjoy. Though if they fail to grow they fail to have the ability to hit their targets. This forces Epic Battles on many players who do not enjoy them, both durning events and in between them.

Now, not only do clans not have the ability to hit from top to bottom on their rivals rosters, they need to focus on growth which enters us into a spending war over a hitting war.

The issue then goes to allies. Max Plunder is easily attainable and players can make 1 to 10 trillion off of a 20 minute epic battle. The flush of gold has made stripping essentially meaningless. Also with events paying out silver bars it allows players to freely save gold for their max plunder ally. This was one of KaW's greatest assets because it removed gold from the game. Though it still does, due to inflation, it no longer does the job as effective.

All of this also leads to taking the thrill and excitement out of KaW. The nights watching out for you clan mates allies. The strategy over who to hit, where to press your attack, terror stripping, mini-banks, and ally bombs! That is all gone...

This is a major reason why I will never agree with new lands and builds. It turns the game into a single style, which is growth. Before, the reason to grow was war, now the reason to grow is to grow some more.

On top of this, many players have left Kaw which hurts because OSW clans are fighting to grow so they can hit and they will never reach that mark. Players grow tired of it and leave.

This growth exhaustion also happens to EB players as well.

EE:

EE players should be an example of why this doesn't work. Because of the gross stat range in KaW, clan wars must be done with Lowlands only. Another disadvantage is that they must bank their gold, which makes growing a mammoth task. Even though build tokens will be coming out, buildings are still meant to be a gold sink so I this will be an issue.

Building Tokens:

Though they will be used as a bridge, they will fail to improve the inflation of KaW and only increase it. A bad side of them is they will replace gold for building upgrades. This increase in gold savings can be used to upgrade or to buy allies. Though that still hurts the ever rising gold in game. That, as well as plunder boost from new buildings will hurt this game.

In Closing:

I will never convince you not to add new land, nor will 80% of the players in game convince you. You want to do it, you will.

But I suggest you listen to the 80% and take land and builds off of the road map for 2017. Adhere to the Mid tier players, and fix the issues in the game.

Don't just be satisfied with Build tokens, go on to create a clan structure or make stripping worth something again. Fix the issue where pvp players have to be bored with ebs before you go back to growth. If you won't stop adding new land and builds, make it where you can grow and war at the same time. Not just hit ebs.

Otherwise more and more mid tier players will leave and if they leave you won't attract new ones.

10. I pretty much agree with everything said here. Very well said. And Therein lies the problem.

11. Why am I seeing more people call Abyss Lands Abysmal Lands? Same with Abyssal Blade.

12. It's the psychological damage the lands had on us 

13. Thanks for the feedback Rusty.
    We'll take your recommendations into consideration.

14. Agree with you about risk being part of the game Chaos. It's important and something that we try to build into all of our games. Same with community. It's very important to us too.

In fact if you read through this list you'll see have designs for a lot of things other than new lands and buildings.

15. Then I will take that as a request denied and continue to push against new lands and builds until I see the detrimental effects that they bring resolved or the new land and builds replaced for a better and more creative Gold Sink. Hopefully we find a middle ground, and you read this, not as me trying to offend you. That is not my mission. No one wins when we are attempting to belittle and degrade the other.

16. This is true but your other ideas don't bring up risks or competition. And your land idea decreases most risks.

(Introducing allies still don't hurt when strips don't hurt. And having allies doesn't mean as much with the amount of gold in game.)

17. Mark, what exactly is the devs justification for new lands?

18. I guess you'll have to wait and see then.

19. Did I upset you? Or am I misreading the tone of your replies. Just wanting to make sure.

20. I'm not upset Rusty.

You won't be happy if we launch new lands until next year (if ever).

I said we would delay them and continue to monitor the situation and keep everyone updated while working on game balance and pushing out our new features.

You basically said this isn't good enough and you are going to keep pushing back...

Not much left to say then... are you upset?