Religious people

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by lIIlIllI___PARSFAN___lIlIlIIl, Mar 8, 2017.

1. Well I've heard plenty of muslims denounce radical jihad and say that they are wrong and that Islam is a religion of peace.

That is no difference that Christians denouncing those whack jobs so called Christians from Kansas who protest army funerals

How am I denouncing Islam?

Anyways....

Bigots r bigots - religious bigots are those who use religion to excuse their bigotry when in fact they are not actually following the religion at all.

2. Damn been away for two years an pars you are still a jobby stirring loony

3. Most children grow out of believing in magic (tooth fairy, Santa, easter bunny, etc) before too long or else they are teased and bullied at school for being silly and ignorant of the fact that magic is the work of fiction writters and story tellers.
    The concept is used to control children.
    Eg - "be good or Santa will put you on the naughty list."
    And it is used to control adults.
    Eg - "be a good follower and support us with money/land/war."

4. ✝️Iactus Diligens celer ✝️

5. What is Somr world? Also I don't like regions. They're all gross or weird.

6. Yup.....need to stop posting when I've had 12 cans of stella but the rage on here was too entertaining for me to edit or lock :)

7. Can you completely trust a world without religion? We owe religion for the morals we have today, atheism in all it's greatness some of you talk about has never had a concrete basis. Pure secularism is far to dangerous, and religion provided understanding around the world. We owe religion a lot, and I think some atheist are too damn fundamental to understand that.

8. We actually owe Karl Marx for the way atheism progressed, he influenced Lenin and he influenced Joseph Stalin. Which brought about state atheism at it's highest around world war ll, so really atheism has a dark past as well. Which only because of certain individuals, but if these things can be said about religion itself(which isn't fair) then I can say the same about atheism itself. Since some tend to bring up a certain German leader as an argument to hate religion.

9. Shino seriously are you for real.... History shows the vast majority of historical conflicts come from religion and most of today's wars stem from religion granted a screwed version but it's still religion

10. ........or you can let people have their freedom of beliefs as you have your own.

11. That's just humanity needing something to hate, Catholic fighting protestants. Tell me can to honestly say the world would be better without religion? I can tell you that it wouldn't make a difference, just like today, Lol what's really the excuse???

12. If we really had "freedom of religion" there would be millions of independent religions by now and people would be creating new ones all the time

13. They have

14. Imo yes just because of the scientific research that would have been allowed without religious zealots objecting if nothing else

15. Religious zealots are only partially responsible for the slowing down of research.

A bigger part of that is the drug companies, and whoever else stands to lose money.

Why haven't we managed to pull ethanol from cows? Big oil loses money.

Why haven't we cured cancer, aids, etc? Big pharmacy loses money.

Why haven't we advanced solar technology to cut energy usage? Big electric loses money.

Money is the determining factor in everything.

Same goes for politics. What do you fear more, a God that may or may not exist, or big whatever, that makes sure you are rich?

16. The only history book you can read and draw your own conclusion to no proof is The Holy Bible

It's very interesting and has great writing, the language in itself is interesting.

I'm sure tons of people would agree that this book is a must read.

17. Damn you beat me to it, but that was a typical thing to say. Blame religion for scientific research??? Lol this ain't medieval times, there is no excuse for today I tell you

18. In Manchester United we pee!
    In Arsenal we twerks!
    In PSG we make 6 child!
    In God We Trust!

19. In a wordly view, religion doesn't matter for ruling as long as it has no negative effect to others and to the people whom they serve. And not all are too religious as what some seemed to be anyway, I think... Yet if you really mean if it is good for a "true" religious Christian to rule, then it may, depending in the person chosen to rule.

And besides, not all sectors of Christianity follow Christianity. It was said in the Bible, and it is still happening up to this time. And besides, a true religious Christian leader will not force anyone unless if someone is uncontrollable and dangerous, for the sake of other people (I think...). But killing them should not be an option (I think, since according to the Scriptures we should love our enemies). It just depends in the person really, not religion. They might join one, but you can't really say if they would even be devoted to it. Same with Christianity, some belong to it even though they are not devoted to Jesus Christ's teachings (which include believing in him and his Father). But sometimes, even though they are not devoted to it, they would still call themselves as a person who belonged to it.

Also about the Christian people, did you know that almost all (or, all) of Paul's letters (an apostle) which is in the Bible has quite a lot of corrections because they did not follow what was being taught to them. Sometimes it even sound harsh or heavy for others, but like a father to his child, he only did that so that they may be corrected. See? It depends on the person, not in their religion. And also, did you know that some of the Bibles these days are altered or changed so that it will fit with their religion (or sector)? And did you know that Mohandes Gandhi had read the Bible, and he would have been a Christian? But as he met some of the Christians at that time, he made a quote which says, "I like your Christ, but I don't like your Christians" (and sorry if I spelled his name wrong. And if the quote is not exact)

Also, science is the observation of the things around us, and most Christians believe in it. Some scientists just use it to try to prove that God does not exist, but even though there are already a lot of theories about it no one still prove it. And Christians doesn't have to not believe in it in order to call themselves one. Some just think that it is always against their religion which I suppose made them think that they should not believe in it.