Making strips do damage again

Discussion in 'Ideas + Feature Requests' started by wrath_oG_Grave, Mar 13, 2017.

1. Im going to keep this short and sweet

There's a real problem in the pvp system , lack of damage done from strips, nobody really has too worry about getting stripped under 2trill because you get your Gold back so quickly

I have a 2 part solution for this

1. Increase mp by 1000% , mp is too easily obtained currently so if you multiplied that number by 10 it would be a fair amount harder

2. Add a spell that's kinda like broken sword but reduces plunder by the percent gold taken while being stripped

The way that could be tracked by the devs is to put a timer once all of someone's allies are hired and it stops when they log on , and records the gold before and after the timer.

Any thoughts questions or similar ideas are welcome.

2. This actually scored very high on my nipple erectness scale.

#brohug

3. Bc strips don't happen too quickly already ?

4. Increase mp by 1000%? You mean decrease how much gold bonus allies give, right? Otherwise you are breaking the game even more.

5. 1...No support as increasing mp for all by that much would drive ally inflation up making it impossible for small accts to hire anyone.
    2...No support as ppl not being stripped but whom have sold all their allies will receive the plunder reduction for no reason & ppl could just not log off ever if they want to avoid the spell so it's too easily exploitable anyway.

6. I actually think #1 wouldn't be too bad if they made the change exponentially. It would mean that the percent increase between the old mp and new mp grows as you get bigger.

7. To clarify on my previous post, let's imagine a new player. The new amount for them to be mp would be 2x then it was before. Then you have a bc player and it would take them 10x it would before to be at mp. Obviously these numbers are arbitrary and the devs could change them to whatever they wish if they ever decide to implement this.

8. I'd support #1 as hereofD has suggested, a scale based on size, or even ability to earn plunder, would be much better changing the bigger u get, or as the more potential plunder u're able to earn increases.

9. Support for #1. Long long overdue

10. Support x10

11. Are people serious?

This will make it even harder for smalls to grow.

The ally market is already screwed and you want to cater for the bigs who are already set and have vast amounts of golds in their storages?

THIS WILL HAVE NO EFFECT AS A MONEY SINK.

This will devalue gold even more.

I can't believe people support this.

Edit:
    Essentially this is what hyperinflation is...

CURRENT
    Loaf of Bread $1

Average guy - Seems Reasonable
    Rich guy - I'll take 12

HYPERINFLATION
    Due to unforeseen circumstances, bread will be increased by 1000%

Loaf of bread $10

Average guy - What, why?
    Rich guy - I guess I'll take 10?

Replace bread with an ally

CURRENT
    Ally 1,000,000,000 (1Bil for you lesser folk)
    [Around mp for a smaller player]

Average guy - Take me a day or two
    Rich guy - Give me all of them

HYPERINFLATION
    Due to unforeseen circumstances, the cost for a single ally will be increased by 1000%

Ally that costed 1Bil now costs...
    10,000,000,000 (10Bil)

Average guy - Are you kidding?
    Rich guy - I'm still pretty set lol

12. Kasama, why would a bc waste ally slots on 1b allies? I know some with nothing under 500b

13. It was a figurative point, if you don't understand that it was an example... I'm more worried about your intellectual capacity more than whether a bc player would hire someone that costs 1Bil.

el oh el

14. There is no reason to be an incorrigible condescending asshat, Kasama. You may prize your intelligence above all else, but in the long run, it has no bearing on the value of your existence or the quality of your life. It's practical for you to get over it as soon as possible.

That being said, I don't think it is a very good idea to change the mechanics of KaW in order to add impact to stripping other players. You may be right, OP, in saying that strips under 2T are negligible in magnitude, but that simply means you must strip larger amounts. So, you're gonna have to farm HTE, ZTA, events, and whatnot to get enough gold to do that. Otherwise, you're just asking for the free power to take away that which other players must buy.

In all likelihood, players who have BFA worthy of being stripped have enough banked to recover max plunder after a strip. Impact against these players would not significantly change. The only people who would be affected by your idea are those with smaller accounts. They would be crippled by strips, yes, which is your stated goal; Worse yet, however, smaller accounts might not even make max plunder in the first place. I do not support your first idea.

Your second idea has merit. Personally, I think the plunder deficit spell should remain ambiguous about percentage on the player's profile, so that other player's do not have an accurate verification of how much gold was taken. Only the stripped player should be able to know his or her exact plunder loss percentage and by extension total gold lost.

15. Out of everything the guy could have questioned, he focused on a single point that was irrelevant.

I think it was fair to question their 'capacity'.

I suppose I do prize intelligence and people who question things... For instance, would your opinion be different if I didn't make my post.

I think you would have supported both suggestions for op.

That entire paragraph is you reiterating my points, minus the crippling part...
    If a big acc has a lot of gold stored, they'd be able to achieve mp back fairly quickly. More so faster than a smaller acc.

His second idea holds no weight.

The only reason strips did any damage is because vast amounts of gold wasn't so easily accessible (unless you were a paid player)

But now with b2b events and people buying bc too quickly and hoarding gold.

Gold has lost a lot of it's value.

There are solutions I see and it aint a spell.

16. zlready pretty much is tried buying 8B allie on alt had 500MILLION cs playerbuying them

17. damn that sucks, I started this acct about 2months ago & was able to hold a few allies around 1b atleast for a few hrs, although maybe they just did a release of small dev held accts at the time.
    It might be time for another bunch to be released already :(
    ...this all goes back to the release of hte, I predicted this then as many others did at the time & it's unfortunate devs are so $ driven today & still do little to counter inflation.

18. The first idea op has works of it's a sliding scale of mp increase. I have no problem with my my mp being 10-15t instead of 1.5t.

I'd keep mp for smaller accounts mostly untouched. Hit mechanics make it too easy for big accounts to strip smaller ones out of the game if you drastically increase their mp.

19. If I have to explain the difference between my idea and yours, then you definitely don't have the right to be indiscriminately questioning another's "intellectual capacity."

Why does the second idea hold no weight? Simply by virtue of the fact that the words were uttered by you? Support your claim.