Messages from the dead

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by II-roni-II, Mar 7, 2017.

1. So me and my sister have often thought about going to a medium group show.When they somehow are channeled and used by the spirits of people who have passed on to the next life.They use their voice to pass on messages to the audience whose family members have died. Has anyone ever been to one of these shows and got true life messages and facts said to them .That no way could the medium have known about before hand. ? i would never do the oujii board.That just is tampering with evil. But i always wondered if my family members who had died were happy now . it would take the worry and sadness off us all knowing .

2. I think if we keep open hearts and open minds, we should be able to atleast receive "messages" from those who we have had interactions through your lives that have moved on.

One thing I believe is that the "message" is something where not just the "content" but the way we receive it should be treated with very open minds..

Example.. It would be difficult for me to say I received a text from my grandmother's spirit (in my mind.. not on my actual phone.. even though I am open to that potentially happening), and the "message" is "".. but the "message" may be there.. the essence of what you "received" should atleast be open for you to acknowledge it..

I am pretty sure though that my grandma would have gotten a kick out of bugging me with the emojis.. 

3. These are largely fake they use leading questions that you would fill in their vagueness.

This is not to say that there isn't an afterlife, but how often do you hear them say oh your loved one was a right wrongen and burning in hell?

4. On the "fake/suggested" side of things.. I also find it kinda funny that a lot of people when they talk on the topic of "previous lives", most of them tend to associate with famous personalities/status.. example. There is no way 2 million people living today's previous life was Julius Caesar! (Or Caesar's cos there have been only like 200 of them in history).. not many people say "Hey in one of my previous life, I was a street vendor on the banks of the Nile river selling roasted crocodile meat"

5. I think those kind of things are only used to make money off of grieving relatives by manipulating them.

But I do believe in spirits/ghosts/wandering souls/fragments or shadows of people who died lingering. Just that they can't really communicate with us in ways that we'd notice or understand. Deep.

6. There's a great short story where all living creatures that have been, are now, and will be are all the same soul reincarnated over and over and over again.

7. Yes.. may be those "messages" come to us but we either ignore them or don't try to "decipher" them.. how many mental images appear in our minds in a day? I am not talking about cognitive products (like you are trying to add 2 2 and the image of "4" appears in your mind).. what we categorize as random or fragment.. we don't pay much attention to it..

8. There are some fake pychics but there are many gifted pychics also .Who are knowing things that no way would they know about the family prior to the show. When i say this i am talking about the world famous pychic John Edwards . i used watch his tv shows and his audiences were always mindblown at the personal messages they recieved. And i agree with Ashes that people that are always skeptical and are doubters.Then good energy wont pass through.But if you believe then you can be more intune . Like yesterday i thought id do a free tarot card reading the ones you get online. Mostly we cast off as all a con. Well the one card that got chosen for me was one saying becareful of your neck and shoulders .Which blew me away in shock .Because only yesterday morning i had woke up in agony from a pulled muscle in my neck / shoulders. So i trust these spiritual guides now because alot of them do uncanningly come true.

9. I dunno...one once told me about something that was in a relative's grave that only me and my mother knew about. We'd never met a medium beforehand so there is no way she should know.

On the other hand, there are a lot of scammers who say generic things to get money from those grieving. Sick and twisted.

Not sure what to make of it all myself.

10. My friend told me a story one day.

We lived in Russia back then. Homes there are mostly multi appartment. So he was asleep one night. Suddenly a door bell woke him up. He went stumbling to the door trying to figure out who the hell is visiting at 3 am. It was his next door neighbor, Nadya, in her pj's, crying, mumbling something. Totally in distress.

My friend sat her down in the kitchen, made her some tea, gave her blanket and eventually she was able to tell what happened.

She said that she came home late from work. Her husband seemed already asleep under blanket facing the wall. So without waking him up she just laid next to him and fell asleep. Then she heard her phone ringing from the hallway. Her mom was in the hospital so she thought it was them calling and she went to answer. To her surprise it was her husband calling her and telling her that he was going to spend night at his friend's and not to wait for him. In horror she hung up as the bed in the room started to squeek as somebody was getting up. "I ran out the door and straight to u. Have no where else to go", said Nadya.

My friend offered to go with her to her apparment and check, but she was refusing to step in there until day break. So he let her sleep on his sofa. In the morning her husband was calling her cursing where the heck she was. My friend walked her to her appartment. It was a huge mess. Things broken and torn up. Plus her husband was throwing a fit why she was in pj's and why she spent the night at my friend's.

In about a week Nadya comes crying to my friend again. He opens the door and her first words are "They killed him.. they killed him". And she tells him the story. She woke up at night as there was noise coming from the kitchen. Her husband went to check. She heard growling, screaming, fighting, dishes breaking. Scared, she ran to another room and locked herself in there dialing the police. Suddenly screaming stopped. She crawled up to the door and looked into the space under it... she could see a pair of black feet and a body of her husband being dragged leaving a bloody trail.. Then the feet turned towards her. And she ran back to the sofa as the creature starting scratching and hitting the door trying to break in. The police arrived and she started screaming for help. When they came in the creature was gone. She was taken to the police for questioning. And the police decided it was a robbery gone wrong. Nadya was scared and just couldn't go back to the appartment.

My friend had a spy camera in one of those Teddy bears. So he had an idea to set that up in the room. So they did. Next day they watched the video.

For a couple of hours everything was ok. As the night fell something dark crawled out from under the bed. It had white face and sharp teeth, and hands with long fingers. It walked around the room. Then came straight to the camera and smiled into it like it knew it was there. Then the recording stopped. Both my friend and Nadya were terrified. They decided to sleep and figure out in the morning what to do. Nadya knocked out after taking some pills. My friend was still awake. The was more of the recording left. So he decided to watch more. After the break in recording the video resumed with the creature still walking around the room, smiling and nodding at the camera. My friend got chills. He thought to himself, "wtf I am doing. I don't even know her that much. We went to school together when were kids. But that's it." He had a desire to run. Get away from the city. So he left Nadya a note that he had an emergency business meeting in another city. Packed his bag quietly and left. He went to stay at his brother's in Tula. But before leaving he set up a spy cam in the room.

Next day he gets a phone call from Nadya that he ignores. He spends two weeks at his brother's and the whole story seems incredible now. When he goes back, he finds police at the building and a body taken out. The police question him as the owner of the appartment 17. They told him that his neighbors complained about the smell. And when the maintenance broke into the appartment they found Nadya. She hung herself. My friend was shocked. He grabbed the spy camera and went to a cafe near by to look at the recording. On the video crying Nadya said that she couldn't go on like that. That she knows he is going to come for her. That it was all their own fault. That crosses, priests or holy water are not going to help as they tried it already before. And that there is no way for her to be safe. She also said that it all started one day when they were drunk, had a seance and called out to the dead....

11. People can mock this all they like after i tell this i dont care. But when i was moving back to my home town 2 years ago. i had began to feel travel sick on long train journeys. So i went in a new spiritual shop that id never seen before. i had seen they sold pretty coloured crystals which have healing propertys for different stones. Like the more famous one rose quartz= to find love and other things but. Me being me i got chatting to the owner of the shop and he told me he has a spirit guide of a old native indian warrior. He said when i was paying for my goods that hold my hand out and he is going to ask the native indian to watch over me. And he held my hand and said now i will be safe. And he didnt even want any payment for this. And up to this day i still feel i am being kept safe from harm ( there is another story also but i am not telling it here ) but i truelly believe i have a little added protection now .

12. I actually tried to explore that theme in a KaW setting in this short story in AJ's Kaw Writers Competition a while ago.. 

13. I would have thought u were smarter than that roni.....however I'll say the same thing I say to anyone who's into this type of thing.....if it gives u peace or makes your life better then go for it .
    It'd not doing anyone any harm as long as it ain't getting forced down someone's throat or makes you do anything that makes u a bad person.

Faith is a luxury I wasn't blessed with....I'm too much into hard science however I think that because I'm into hard science it will make me appreciate life better than those who believe that God put them there.

14. Pretty sure I saw a good south park episode that explained well how "psychics" worked. Use simple questions to get answers that lead to more simple questions to learn about people and then make stuff up. People believe what they want and if it relates to them, they go with if. Same with how horoscopes work essentially.

I believe the human mind works in wonders we don't understand. Thus, allowing people to "see things" that aren't really there; like ghosts. You think you see something but nothing is there. Its all psychological mumbo jumbo. I'm a sciencey type of fellow and believe what can be proven.

15. I actually read something like this years ago. How when the one soul died, they were reincarnated into someone else who had previously lived, or will live; until they have lived all human lives. But this theory strongly suggests that you are religious and believe in some greater life.

It's very interesting nevertheless.

16. I think I heard it before

17. I strive to be a badass VK-Mod like Slayerbob.. in one of my future lives..

18. If you're silenced like that your chances don't seem too high...

19. Ok the sad buzz kill moment.
    Human life ends with.

NOTHING.
    NO HEAVEN
    NO HELL
    Just a corpse that rots in the ground.

No soul exists.
    No energy has ever been detected leaving the body at the time of death to even suggest the existence of a soul.

So the reality is.
    Religion is a fairy tale for those who wish there was something more to life than just existing for the moment.

You are alive now.
    Live now.
    You aren't going to heaven or hell.
    Just treat others as you wish others would treat yourself.
    And make your life mean something in the memories of those you leave behind.

The only wasted life is one that is not remembered. So make yourself memorable for the right reasons.

Because you won't get a second chance.

20. There's nothing supernatural about this world. Rocks don't have magical powers, and the dead don't communicate with the living. Any who find refuge in these ideas are psychologically weak. Spirituality is antithetical to reason.