KaW Memories (Part 2/?)

Discussion in 'Other KaW Discussion' started by Toast, Feb 23, 2017.

1. Thanks for a walk down memory lane.

2. here is my first ever forum post. I started back in 2012-13 maybe. i was an adult back then. around 2014 maybe early 2015. i stopped playing. mainly cause of what you mentioned. pvp was dying. ebs was popular then, most clans would jump in on a 1v1. cause said person was losing. clans started posting the hit one hit all threats so on. when i first started. ebs was fairly new. and people would hit battle list. no one cared if you hired their allies, or hit them. once in awhile youll find that crybaby who would cry to bigger players or get their friends to hi you. so on. but wasn't all this hit one hit all type a thing. i think the reason wc died off and forum threads died out. cause people stopped playing, younger gen. not singling out age. just newer players were ruining the forums and wc with "hire me" spam, and " wall art" spam.

some people might recognize me maybe not. but seems today the new kaw is dying. maybe it isn't. but seems a lot of the power house clans like zaft, IG, Foxes, I.S.S, Black hand last rights, A.A.H. so on all seem to die off. for whatever reasons. not bashing any clans or people. i respect all. even if bad blood is between me and them. so if it seems i disrespecting someone or a clan. don't think it. nothing personal. not saying your clan sucks or weaker to any i listed above or below. so don't take it the wrong way. i just miss the community kaw was. everyone seemed helpful and nice. idk. seems this game changed so much. like going off to war. then come back home to your family kind of change. doesn't seem right. you feel out casted cause either your friends quit or changed their names moved on to better things. but yeah. my biggest memory of this game. is how close people were each other. you need help. they was there. your clan was struggling in a war. hey we got your back. now it seems it more of a bully tactic then friendship or loyalty. but great thread. brought back a lot of memories.

3. Nikki here

People were fun

It was a simpler time

4. Unfortunately this is the case. Some went to the military, others became more successful irl (why stay in kaw), and others simply got bored.

And yeah many of us started in our teens. Some ended up having kids, getting married, died of old age, just kidding...

Personally I enjoyed this game for a long while until prominent figures started leaving. With that said I don't regret finding this community, but I do wish I left earlier since I wasted a lot of time on it after the fact...

Also I'd like to add that this place provided a home for many children who grew up during tough times or dealt with an abusive home life. It was a sort of tame Internet without explicitly being a chat room. And nobody irl ever needed to know

5. Agreed. Especially outside of kaw...

6. yeah

7. Who remembers Donkey, Colonial, and Wrathbane? (Ps: Benny smells bad)

8. Yes.

9. Holy cow everyone is showing up to this thread.

speaking to how the forums died out, I would say that the community was small to begin with. I would say that there were ~100 posters on the forums at any given time. Once a few of the more prominent people left, they sort of took the community away with them.

10. Yeah, most of the forumers just left because we all grew up. In college, got jobs, and made families. It's sad, but good at the same time. It's a big part of a lot of our growing up and has shaped many of us for the future. For better or worse.

11. Dang that was a pain to scroll down.

12. @Huma:
    Anytime, bro.

@NoName:
    You would have like 2009-2011 KaW, it was a much purer player to player game. For better or for worse (which is NOT an argument to have on this thread, make your own if you want to whine about KaW being amazing or awful nowadays [that's @anyone, not you dude]), KaW has changed into a more standard player to environment. Plenty of p2p aspects still, but not the same as back then.
    Oddly, a lot of old clans have been making comebacks lately, most notably Foxes (as the most recent big-big name). But yes, the KaWmunity just isn't as tight anymore. A lot of clans are still tight among members, but in the public outside of clan life there's so much infighting and so few relationship webs. It doesn't help many of the old folk are gone, it's always nice to come back to some familiar faces, but every year they get fewer.

@Nikki
    Some did die of old age, to be fair.
    Really though, after a few people leave it starts a slow cascade. Every person who left was one less reason to keep playing, and the next, and the next. Wasn't my main reason for slowly drifting off, but it definitely contributed.

@Mel
    <3
    But yeah, how can we all forget?

@Deadly
    It was probably small by normal internet standards, but compared to the modern community here it was huge. It was certainly regularly active, if you made a comment before bed (and nobody commented after you), that thread would be on page 2 of AT before you woke up. It takes days now.

@Ninja
    Wow, that's an interesting insight into your life. Do you have anything else to put into this discussion?

13. Lam was one of my favorite forumers to watch. Also was fun to see him go off in wc. Just going through this and thinking of some of my favorite forumers and it really hit me. Haven't heard from people like Ghoomba, Lam, or Rae in a long time. I also hadn't seen Chad in a long time, but he did finally come around not too long ago.

I really wish forums still had more hilarious banter and shenanigans. Now it just seems like piles of people saying, "Well you did this" or "You own this account" or "Locked because we feel like it."

I wouldn't say I would want to have mods who were less strict, but I do wish we would have a bit more... um shall I say... humor? Mods it seemed used to be a large part of the social aspect of the game. Now it seems they are only in WC and only really bring out people who try to troll and bait them.

14. I was half expecting to see my own name on some of those screen shots!! Nice work toast.