Unicode characters (Emojis) on player walls

Discussion in 'Ideas + Feature Requests' started by IISPllO0lIKYllGUIlNllISHiPlI, Feb 25, 2017.

1. Anyone whos done wallart probably knows Emojis use up two characters in the place of one. This makes some of the more extensive art very challenging and some things are impossible. Is it possible to increase the text limit on wall messages or maybe make Emojis and all other unicode characters simply use up one character instead of two?

2. They used to take up one...must have changed it for a reason

3. I have a past of doing many ads and wall arts...Good artists work with what ya got, not ask for a change. Js

4. it'd just be nice to be able to do more :)

5. It used to be lots of fun doing wall art.
    Unfortunately devs a few years back changed the character limits available on walls
    It's a shame.

There were a lot of great artists about on the past.
    Most stopped doing wall art after the limits were imposed.

LegolasX still has the best wall art going and it's impossible to do similar now which defeats the desire.

6. I can understand a character limit of course, Im just wondering if it can be increased for the sake of wallart. And Im also wondering if devs intentionally made Emojis take up an additional character as opposed to letters or if its some sort of fluke.

Anyways, Id suggest the character limit be doubled to 256.. That seems pretty reasonable to me.

7. Tripled. Emoji take up 3 spaces now. To return to the old art that was possible triple would be ideal.
    But yes doubled would be a good start and an excuse to experiment again.

8. It's not a fluke, they just decided screw the artists lol. And take no offense to my previous comment, just stating an opinion. Not trying to be mean

9. What Emoji takes 3 characters? All mine and the ones I tested take 2. Im on iOS btw. And I dont think the current limit is a reason to give up completely, (most) other unicode characters only take one space so theres still a quite a bit of possibility its just also quite limited.

Also tripling the character limit sounds great too. If the devs are really insistent on having a character limit at all, 500 characters seems like the best default limit.

10. I miss wall art. Mine always was poopy, so I'd greatly admire people like Whatshername, something with M. Majesty's wall used to be full of only the greatest pieces.

Arian the Black's wall art is pretty good imo.

Tldr: Support for increasing character caps on wall. Make the wall great.

11. I give flat out the best wall art ever

12. Most emojis take up 2 characters. With the occasional one only using 1.

It would be nice to see a bit of an increase just to add more versatility back into wall art. It's not really necessary for the game but it's nice to see what people come up with. Wall art used to be much more prevalent.

But as Young said, you work with what you've got. I've spent many a time trying to fit everything into the character limit for wall art and ads :lol: