Sen Elijah Cummings (D.) IRS tru the vote scandal

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by IISPllO0lIKYllGUIlNllISHiPlI, Jan 31, 2017.

1. How many of you have heard of this organization and its struggles? Basically tru the vote is a company that provides training to voting poll "watchers" which are then used to ensure accurate votes are being recorded. EDIT: As well as educating voters regardless of political affiliation/views on their right to vote and guidance on how to do so in their respective state.

Part 1
    https://youtu.be/ZKL3XftVK4A
    Part 2
    https://youtu.be/gOemkNAHFFM
    Part 3
    https://youtu.be/IHAIeggaRrQ
    Part 4
    https://youtu.be/q-NG60c1aS4
    Part 5
    https://youtu.be/q-NG60c1aS4

EDIT: For some reason the link for Part 2 is being censored just use the links in the video description all parts are linked there too

2. Re: Sen Elijah ​ (D.) IRS tru the vote scandal

Im rather disturbed by the lack of media coverage on this as their is very little, I actually had to find more information about their lawsuit from Tru The Vote's (the named defendant) own website. The above videos were not a part of this lawsuit but were a seperate hearing held by concerned (as well as accused-democratic) members of congress. The article below is dated back as far as August of 2016. If anyone is able to find more recent coverage/information on this please do post it here. Try searching TTV (Tru The Vote) VS. IRS.

Article link: https://truethevote.org/true-vote-wins- ... rs-lawsuit

3. Re: Sen Elijah ​ (D.) IRS tru the vote scandal

don't ha worry spooks your altright fringe conspiracy group gets some coverage by real reporters (giggle)

http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2012/ ... fraud-myth
    http://investigations.nbcnews.com/_news ... ity-voters
    http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter ... llegal-vo/

4. Re: Sen Elijah ​ (D.) IRS tru the vote scandal

Not really a conspiracy theory when the IRS has admitted to targeting conservative groups seeking tax exempt statuses in the past. None of the news sites you just linked are known enough for me to even consider this case getting fair coverage. I have to dig through layers and layers of slanderous articles by left leaning MSM just to find anything factual or relevant about Tru the Vote and its cause. And Catherine Engelbrecht (the founder of Tru The Vote) has been seemingly targeted by more than just the IRS.

More so I just want people to be aware of who is representing Maryland in congress. Even if Elijah Cummings wasnt accused of things considered severely unethical, Id still question his presence in House of Reps...his IQ must be less than his shoe size.

5. Re: Sen Elijah ​ (D.) IRS tru the vote scandal

You're only telling half the story here Sparky, so let me help you out.

The IRS did target conservative groups, but what you conveniently left out is that they also targeted liberal groups as well. Here's the story. After Obama got elected, conservative groups across the country started organizing. You may remember the Tea Party. Between 2010 and 2012, the number of applications the IRS received each year seeking 501(c)(4) certification doubled. Obama requested additional funding for the IRS, but Congress, in it's infinite wisdom, instead reduced the IRS budget. So the IRS, facing an increased workload with less resources to do it's job took a short cut and instructed it's employees to focus on groups applying for tax exempt status that had certain words in their titles. Words like "Tea Party", "Patriots", "9/12 Project", "progressive," "occupy," "Israel," "open source software," "medical marijuana" and "occupied territory advocacy" were some of them. Since there were a lot more conservative groups applying, more of them got singled out. Here's the thing. According to the actual law, most of those groups are NOT legally entitled to tax exempt status.

Federal tax law, specifically Section 501(c)(4) of the Internal Revenue Code (26 U.S.C. § 501(c)), exempts certain types of nonprofit organizations from having to pay federal income tax. The statutory language of IRC 501(c)(4) generally requires civic organizations described in that section to be "operated exclusively for the promotion of social welfare". Note the word "exclusively". That means they aren't supposed to be active in politics. But someone back in the day changed the IRS guidelines to read "is operated primarily for the purpose of bringing about civic betterments and social improvements". That opened the door for these groups to get to exempt status. Guidelines aren't laws. The law says "exclusively". According to the law, if they're political groups, they don't qualify.

If IQ was a qualification for public office, Trump would be disqualified. And if you're so concerned about government ethics, why aren't you outraged that one of the first things the new Congress tried to do was gut the ethics office?

House Republicans vote behind closed doors to gut ethics office ahead of new Congress
    http://www.latimes.com/nation/politics/ ... story.html

Of course, once people heard about it...

House Republicans, Under Fire, Back Down on Gutting Ethics Office
    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/03/us/p ... .html?_r=0

And how about this guy?

HHS nominee Tom Price bought stock, then authored bill benefiting company
    http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/poli ... /97337838/

Records show Price invested in six pharmaceutical companies before he co-sponsored a bill that ended regulatory efforts that would have negatively affected the financial performance of those companies.

He even lied about it. Price got a sweetheart deal that was only available to about 20 people, but he told the Senate committee the deal was available to "everyone". It wasn't. Setting aside the whole discount price thing, and the ethics of buying stocks in industries you regulate, Price may have broken the law. Insider trading is illegal for members of Congress. It's that whole crony capitalism thing y'all were so concerned about with Clinton but didn't care about when it came to Trump. Of course there won't be any investigation. Not while the GOP controls the government.

Drain the swamp, my ass.

6. Re: Sen Elijah ​ (D.) IRS tru the vote scandal

The IRS targets everyone, they will continue to target everyone because they collect the interest payments for using federal reserve notes, they steal your stuff and if you don't like it sue them

The judges are on board so you won't get anywhere

Best thing you or anyone can do is don't contract with them, don't use their numbers, don't volunteer

If we don't give them our names and numbers they can't mail us threats and coerce us into complying

If you read IRC and can't understand it there is no meeting of the minds, there can be no contract when there is no meeting of the minds

Tru the vote is organized under the laws of the United States and they are subject to pay the tax because they are a fictional state agency

All persons are subjects

They'll lose lawsuit before it even begins

7. Re: Sen Elijah ​ (D.) IRS tru the vote scandal

My main concern is how Rep Elijah was accused of communicating with Lois Lerner who is the head of the department of IRS that handles tax exemption forms for such groups..

Im not concerned about the outcome of any tax exemption applications as thats not the point. The point is a member of congress requested information on the group from the IRS, and the IRS complied with congresman Elijah and asked the questions for him. Simply put..

When Lois Lerner is asked about this in a resolution hearing...she pleads the 5th. Pretty indicative of what she actually communicated back to Elijah's staff. The IRS was used by him and his staff illegally..and they complied with what I would imagine to be little or no ethical quams.

8. Re: Sen Elijah ​ (D.) IRS tru the vote scandal

You can see congress is "privately held company" they have a Dunn & Bradstreet number

I also have a letter from a member of Congress which defines "state" in title 26 as being limited to Guam, Puerto Rico, American Samoa, etc, the IRS should not be operating in any state of the Union as they are respectively foreign to eachother and to the district of Columbia

You can look in your law library and read corpus juris secundum for corporations formed within the United States, they are foreign as if they were formed in any other territory

There are boundary stones all around DC that show where their federal jurisdiction ends, they've expanded this by creating franchise companies called "State of" within the boundaries of the states and their jurisdiction is only limited to the buildings so they expanded federal jurisdiction further by doing the same thing to the county buildings and then to every city, town, and village, they are all incorporated, and they even created a franchise for you and me evidenced by the birth certificate, and thru the laws of agency we are all employees of government without pay (because we volunteer to be slaves), that's why your name is always ALL CAPS, grammatically it's unreadable gibberish, proper nouns are never all capital letters

If they want information from the irs, tru the vote needs to request their master file, and find someone who has the book to decode the numbers

They will find they are operating from the virgin Islands exclusively and probably as an arms dealer

The way in which they organize that entity determines their tax liability, it doesn't matter if they operate exclusively on donations, it's still a person and still a subject, if they want to be exempt they could wind up, shut down and reform in a new jurisdiction or under a trust, or claim it as a church or school, providing free education and awareness

People in my circles aren't going to vote, they don't want to be 14th amendment slaves, voting isn't what anyone wants, when you register your vote you give up control of it, same with your car, and your guns, no one owns their car, they've gifted it to the state, that's why they can tell you that you have to fix it

No contract no jurisdiction

I think their heart is in the right place with what they're trying to do but that's just not how the corporate/government works, they're engaged in commerce and given up their sovereignty to govern so everything is contractual in nature

9. Re: Sen Elijah ​ (D.) IRS tru the vote scandal

@ Sparky

Pleading the 5th is not an admission of guilt. The President did it 97 times.

Trump Pleaded The Fifth 97 Times
    http://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/p ... 79136.html

Besides, you have bigger things to worry about:

"Steve Bannon: 'We're going to war in the South China Sea ... no doubt'
    The United States and China will fight a war within the next 10 years over islands in the South China Sea, and “there’s no doubt about that”. At the same time, the US will be in another “major” war in the Middle East.

Those are the views – nine months ago at least – of one of the most powerful men in Donald Trump’s administration, Steve Bannon, the former head of far-right news website Breitbart who is now chief strategist at the White House.
    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/201 ... a-no-doubt"

Donald seems intent on making that happen:

Trump’s Taiwan phone call was long planned, say people who were involved
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... 716f068542

Trump Vows to Stop China Taking Over Disputed Islands
    http://time.com/4644651/u-s-vows-to-sto ... a-islands/

Jan 24, 2017
    China Moves Nuclear Missiles to Russian Border
    https://themoscowtimes.com/news/china-m ... rder-56903

No, they didn't move them to threaten the Russians. They moved them to be closer to US targets. ICBM's go over the pole.

10. Re: Sen Elijah ​ (D.) IRS tru the vote scandal

Dude, we get it. You dont like Trump. He isnt the topic in this thread, keep that garbo in your own. Kthx.

And the argument that the 5th isnt an admission of guilt is completely moot. Of course its not, but thats not the point. It also doesnt mean she did nothing wrong, and that all accusations are false. See? Moot.

And then for her to resign within a year after...followed by crashed hard drives only discovered after a subpeona, contempt of congress charges being waved by even more corrupt charges...

TBH, this isnt even a me vs you dem vs republican issue. This affects both of us in an equally negative way. Members of Congress should NOT be requesting any information on specific groups or citizens for any reason. Id be just as concerned about this had the congress man been on either side of the isle..

11. Re: Sen Elijah ​ (D.) IRS tru the vote scandal

I destroyed his Trump thread he won't be posting there, just report him for off-topic disruption

If they can prove the irs is a corporation, corporations can not plead the 5th there books have to be open for inspection, regulation, and investigations

So even the director in her personal capacity could in private matters, anything related to her job is beyond the 5th amendment

Enron guys tried to do that and they lost 5th amendment protection within that commercial capacity

Because no one asking for their personal records they wanted to see the books

12. Re: Sen Elijah ​ (D.) IRS tru the vote scandal

The topic started out about voter fraud. When Watchgirl shut that down you tried to pivot to IRS conspiracies, ethics, and whining about the "left leaning MSM". When I shut that down, you started whining about the taking the 5th, so there doesn't seem to be topic here to stay on, Sparky.

Of course it is. That's why you completely ignored the ethical situation I brought up involving HHS nominee Tom Price that's going on right now, and started whining again about something that happened three flipping years ago.

13. Re: Sen Elijah ​ (D.) IRS tru the vote scandal

Im ignoring this because its not what I made this thread to discuss. And as Ive said multiple times... Here:

Here:

And here:

The main point of this topic is that IRS should not be sharing sensitive tax related information under the table with a member of congress. The time from when this happened is irrelevant. Fortunately Lois Lerner is resigned, but what about Mr.Elijah? What happens the next time he decides he wants information from the IRS on some other organization requesting tax exemption? Im really beginning to wonder his motives.

Also, here is what I actually said about the 5th...

And

And as far as MSM...do I really need to defend any statement against MSM? There terrible.

If theres anything else anyone wants to talk about make a new thread rather than trying to completely change the topic. I became tired of you spewing your bull theory so I left your thread. I ask you return the courtesy and not continue spewing it in this one.

14. Re: Sen Elijah ​ (D.) IRS tru the vote scandal

Im not sure...basically the whole case was tossed between the FBI and some hoax of an internal review with some random lawyer somehow declaring she didnt throw her 5th amendment rights by impeding a congressional investigation, by not telling the whole truth in her testimony, AFTER swearing to tell the truth the whole truth and nothing but... And then another internal review without a single name being given found several instances of destruction of evidence "unintentional" completely ignoring other factors like her not complying with a federal subpoena. She was asked to produce evidence and simply said she could not find it after no one had looked for it.

Its amazing how the FBI now has a track record of not finding "criminal intent", even though they literally were handed cases to them on a silver platter. Corrupt to say the least.

15. Re: Sen Elijah ​ (D.) IRS tru the vote scandal

This is an interesting new style of argument. His points were all debunked, but instead of offering facts or argument in support, spook just decided to re-quote his debunked arguments.

Welcome to the world of alternate facts.

I guess there's only one proper way to respond.

Regarding your initial rant from a debunked fringe white supremacist propaganda machine regarding voter fraud:
    And
    Regarding your attempt to avoid the subject with random other unsupported insinuations:
    When you tried to switch back to the topic after failing in your attempts to avoid your prior failure:
    Perhaps spook would like to re-quote the same debunked statements again.

16. Re: Sen Elijah ​ (D.) IRS tru the vote scandal

Yeah is pretty funny that when the fbi wants to get evidence they serve warrants and do violent raids

Lately with these high profile cases they don't raid they ask the criminal to go ahead and bring the evidence to us so we can charge you

Of course if this is going to be how they handle cases they're not going to get any convictions for anything