Trump's Big Ban

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by The_Big_Bang_Theory, Jan 29, 2017.

1. Okay sheep

2. Civil war please.

3. I'm pretty sure this guy qualifies as a security expert:

"Petraeus blasts politicians spreading 'anti-Muslim bigotry'

Petraeus wrote that he was concerned about “proposals from various quarters for blanket discrimination against people on the basis of their religion,”...“Some justify these measures as necessary to keep us safe — dismissing any criticism as ‘political correctness,’ ” Petraeus wrote. “Others play down such divisive rhetoric as the excesses of political campaigns here and in Europe, which will fade away after the elections are over...I fear that neither is true; in fact, the ramifications of such rhetoric could be very harmful — and lasting.”

“Such statements directly undermine our ability to defeat Islamist extremists by alienating and undermining the allies whose help we most need to win this fight: namely, Muslims,” he continued, noting that Muslim allies were essential to war efforts in Iraq and Afghanistan.

“I fear that those who demonize and denigrate Islam make it more likely that it will be our own men and women who ultimately have to shoulder more of this fight — at greater cost in dollars and lives.”

“Demonizing a religious faith and its adherents not only runs contrary to our most cherished and fundamental values as a country; it is also corrosive to our vital national security interests and, ultimately, to the United States’ success in this war.”
    http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/pre ... im-bigotry

I know complex issues tend to confuse you right wing nut jobs, but the bottom line is Trump's order is making making us less secure and increasing the risks to our troops. I didn't like Bush, but at least he understood that. Trump and his moronic supporters don't.

4. It actually bans terrorists. If you have a problem with a ban on terrorists then you can leave the country. It won't stop all terrorism, and I'm aware of American terrorists, but it will stop some terrorists and that's what we need. I'm not saying all Muslims are terrorists, but I'm saying that a large majority of terrorist acts committed against America are from Muslim followers. If not the majority than at least the largest attacks in American history have all been from Muslim terrorists.

5. @ Serendipity

You seem to be having trouble grasping this concept, so I'll explain it to you in simple terms.

Let's suppose your brother borrowed the family car and got a speeding ticket. Your dad punishes him by telling you that he's revoking YOUR driving privileges, but your brother still gets to drive. Do you think that's fair? Is it going to make you like your dad more or less? That's what Trump is doing. There have been ZERO attacks by citizens from countries on Trump's ban list. Meanwhile, other countries that have had citizens attack us AREN'T on the list.

I'm not sure what the hell you mean by "true blooded Americans" but I'm guessing they're people who think like you. I've always found it amusing how the right tends to think they're the only "real" Americans. You guys are always on here whining about divisiveness, yet you're major practitioners of it. Anyone who disagrees with you isn't a "real American" and doesn't have "real American values". Here's a tip. If you're a citizen, you're an American. Period.

As for "where have you been" I'm a veteran, U.S. Army. My father was a career soldier. My mother is an immigrant. I grew up with the military. I've served. I've spent a fair part of my life living in other countries. That's where I've been.

6. Well said!

I have to add one thing (i am german):

In Germany we had a similar guy in the 30s of the last Century. People didnt want to believe what he was doing until it was too late. Next thing that happened was ww2. And Germany wasnt the winner as it is well known. Just saying.

Cheers and Peace! ️

7. Except you didn't have Jews coming into Germany and committing acts of terrorism? So Hitler/Trump is a little but different I think.

8. Blaming all Muslims for the crimes of an extremist group is like blaming all Christians for the crimes of the kkk and timothy mcveigh.

Germany blamed jews for all their problems in the 1930's to divide the people and give them someone to hate and blame; the US is doing the same thing now.

9. They hate us because we've been bombing them for years and toppling their governments and giving weapons to the rebels and insurgents

Why is no one protesting the war machine that got us here in the first place?

Everyone was quiet for 20 years while we invade Iraq twice, and now there is a 90 day ban while we start the vetting process, everyone is butthurt,

I dare any of you to travel to these 7 countries, Somalia don't even have an international airport, Yemen been in civil war for 2 decades, if you go there and you have Israel passport your arrested immediately, if you have Christian paraphernalia you're kicked out,

These are all failed states that don't have any international flights going to western civilizations

These idiots want to start a civil war because they couldn't steal the election, and the Islamic extremists are cheering, they would rather collapse the country instead of fighting terrorism

If these Democrats don't want to participate in democracy just walk out like the south did 100 years ago we will fill those seats with regular Americans

10. I find it amusing that, not one of these angry liberal snowflakes has been able to answer my question as to why Saudi Arabia only lets Muslims be citizens and nobody is protesting this. You don't see their people protesting, they actually love and support the laws.

One of the all time favorite things for these Islamic apologist is "not all Muslims are bad, you can't label everyone based on religion". Yea maybe not all of them will plant bombs and kill people, grab a gun and wage war, but they all believe the same thing, and if they don't then why are they Muslims? Just like terrorists have wives and their wives just sit back and do nothing because it's their husband and it's Allah's will for them to serve their husband. According to most of you the wife is innocent correct? Just like those who support sharia law probably are just normal good Muslims, that you have nothing to worry about 

11. I find it amusing how you still can't answer how the ban makes us safer, so you keep coming here and posting irrelevant nonsense like this. In case you missed it, I'm an American. I don't care who Saudi Arabia allows to become a citizen. It's not my country. Their actions do not reflect on me.

And since you want to bring it up, why isn't an angry conservative snowflake like you protesting Saudi Arabia NOT being on the ban list? Saudis citizens have killed more Americans in terrorist attacks on our soil than all other Muslims countries combined. Zacarias Moussaoui, a convicted 9/11 plotter, confessed in sworn testimony to U.S. authorities that members of the Saudi royal family had funded al-Qaeda before the attack.

“There was an awful lot of participation by Saudi individuals in supporting the hijackers, and some of those people worked in the Saudi government” former 911 commission member John F. Lehman

Where's your outrage, Snowflake?

12. All the mosques are still open, all the Muslims are still walking around they aren't in concentration camps like what happen to the Japanese after pearl Harbor,

Your exaggerated view of a 90 day travel ban is delusional,

No one is saying Muslims can't practice their religion BUT YOU

I'll answer how this travel ban makes us safer

Yemen was just bombed by Obama before he left office causing the civilian population to starve and because Obamas' decision to bomb Yemen is politically motivated makes it a terrorist act

United States military is the largest terrorist organization on the planet, they are spreading democracy in countries that don't want it and will never accept it, has been in perpetual war since World War II with political and ideological motives

They've interfered with over 100 elections of foreign sovereign nations, and toppled more democratically elected leaders then anyone, caused more civil wars, and destabilized more regions then anyone, no one wants our democracy or our bombs

Rightfully Yemen blames America for the bombings and the starvation,

Do they want revenge? Yeah, why not?

Having a 90 day travel ban on Yemen makes sense, they don't have an airport, their airport is a military base where they send ww2 era bombers to bomb Christian villages in the South

How does this make us safer?

If we don't fly them here they can't get here, if they come here the odds are likely they're going to attack

As it stands now if they want to attack us, they have to do it from Yemen and not our suburbs

You are using threats and coercion for political goals, that makes you a terrorist too

13. As it has been stated multiple times it is not a ban, I wish it was. I wish they would add every majority Muslim country on there! For god sake I wish they completely banned every Muslim from the US but they won't and they can't. They won't destroy Saudi Arabia like I would hope they do. I'm not white and I am not a conservative as I have stated previously. I am simply a person that has experienced what Islam really is and would like to eradicate it off the face of the earth if you want me to be honest. However I am apparently not allowed to say that on here or anywhere else 

Anyway the ban does make us safer and would make us much much more safer if they added more countries and made it permanent, but this little one does make us safer because it stops Isis and other terror groups from infiltrating us as refugees like they have European countries like Germany.

You can go ahead and call me racist now even thought Islam isn't a race, or call me a bigot or whatever other silly words you people use.

I'm sure not a Islamophobe though cause I'll send em to meet Allah earlier then expect.

14. Then there's the people that are comparing this to the Jews, the Jews didn't have an army of 1.6billion, the Jews aren't hell bent on enforcing their laws on people and killing those who disagree.

Nobody is putting Muslim kids in gas chambers, there's no need to do that to children when they don't understand religion yet, when they don't understand what "allah" wants of them, but once they are adult And strongly enforce and support these Islamic laws and traditions where they sell off little 9 year old girls to get married to 50 year olds they are fair game.

15. No need to call anyone a bigot the Donald has that covered.

16. So because Obama committed a "terrorist attack" on Yemen we're all in danger from Yemen now? In case you missed it, Trump authorized a strike on Yemen a few days ago during which a Navy SEAL was killed. Was Trump's decision "politically motivated" and a "terrorist act" too? And FYI, we've been conducting counter terror operations in Yemen for years with no terrorist attacks on the US by citizens from Yemen. None.

I'm not sure if you can grasp this, but they can't just jump on a plane and come here. They can't just wake up one morning and say I'm going to America today to blow something up. It doesn't work that way. It's a long process to get a VISA.

You are a fool, that makes you a babbling idiot too.

17. Talk to this guy about it:

"Trump has called it a “ban” on more than one occasion. The president also used the term Saturday when he said he would stick by his new policy despite widespread outcry from critics.

“We’re going to have a very, very strict ban and we’re going to have extreme vetting, which we should have had in this country for many years,” he said."
    http://thehill.com/homenews/administrat ... travel-ban

When you do, ask him what the hell "extreme vetting" is going to consist of. Will it involve them showing their tax returns so we can see if they owe money to unfriendly foreign governments?

18. Just for giggles...

"Fox News spars with Al Sharpton over claims Jesus was refugee

The hosts of Fox & Friends either don’t understand what a refugee is or haven’t read their Bible recently.

On Tuesday, the hosts went after the Reverend Al Sharpton for a tweet that he sent out after the recent controversial immigration and travel ban in which he said, “Before you head to church today, remember to thank God for his son, Jesus a refugee who fled to Egypt.”

“Well, that’s not exactly accurate,” co-host Steve Doocy claimed.

“Well, according to the Bible, it’s really not,” agreed Carley Shimkus, proceeding to read tweets, not scriptures, claiming that Mary and Joseph were traveling to pay taxes.

“Who gave (Sharpton) his gift certificate to be a reverend?” co-host Brian Kilmeade said.

While it’s true that the Gospel of Luke describes how Jesus’ family went to Bethlehem to pay taxes, it’s also true that the Gospel of Matthew describes how they fled to Egypt to escape the Massacre of the Innocents, in which Herod ordered all young boys killed for fear of Jesus.

According to Matthew 2:13, “Now when they had departed, behold, an angel of the Lord appeared to Joseph in a dream, saying, ‘Arise, take the young Child and His mother, flee to Egypt, and stay there until I bring you word; for Herod will seek the young Child to destroy Him.’”

What’s more, the Catholic Church has officially stated that they believe Jesus was a refugee. “We believe that Jesus was a refugee, had to flee to save his life, with Saint Joseph and Mary, had to leave for Egypt,” Pope Francis said in 2014. “He was a refugee.”

Sharpton later clapped back in a Twitter video. “I don’t know whether my critics need a Bible or a dictionary,” Sharpton said. “Either way, I’ve got you.”
    http://thegrio.com/2017/02/01/fox-news- ... s-refugee/

Fox News host Megyn Kelly, as some of us remember, also claimed Jesus was white, probably because that's how he's always portrayed in movies. He wasn't. Based on anthropological and genetic data, Jesus most likely looked like this:

In reality, Jesus was a Jew who most likely was dark-skinned with a broad nose and dark, short hair. And on one occasion, a refugee.

19. Israel just nominated Trump for a Nobel peace prize, ahead of Netanyahu visit tomorrow

LOL I bet he wins it too