World Chat Speakers

Discussion in 'Past Announcements' started by [ATA]Mark, Jan 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cool change. I can dig it.

2. In all seriousness I think the amount of characters should be reduced per post and the speakers doubled.

Maybe make character limit to 1 line. That way we don't have to see trash ads scroll through WC on a constant basis.

Yeah people can still recruit. People can still post ads.

The amount of space that ads use really cluster up WC and sometimes just makes trying to have a conversation pointless.

And if the purpose for more speakers is to spark more conversation. Something has to be done to limit the space/size of these ads

Cause let's face it. A good majority of them are really bad anyways. And look awful on WC.

3. Or still up to 2 lines but eliminate the ability for the return/enter key to be used in a comment.

So like 1 constant line that automatically separates into 2 after a certain length.

Really hate ads

4. The space and size of the ads are done so they stick out. So people can actually see them.

Is WC meant for conversation? Certainly. But it is also made for ads. The creation of clans and ebs have made ads a part of WC, whether you like that or not. WC is a vital part of finding new recruits.

I don't think it's the size of the ad that's the problem. It's fairly easy to ignore them and still chat. The problem IMO was the lack of speakers. I know for me, I like to post ads to help my clan as much as possible. I do like to talk in WC as well however there wasn't really enough speakers to do both so I chose my clan over a chat that I could have had for free in someone's PM or in CC. With double the speakers a day though, I'd be able to balance it out a bit and do both.

If people want to talk around ads, they can. Just ignore them and carry on your conversation.

Ads are a vital part of many clans recruitment process. Trying to limit that just hurts clans even more. And restricting them to a line or two as if it's just a regular sentence defeats the point of having an ad that sticks out and is easier to pick out.

Speakers are limited in the game so you have to expect the conversation to be limited as well. Alternatively, the devs need to make a seperate chat for ads and conversation.

5. I do agree that there should be a separate chat for ads and conversation.

But I've been a player since 2010. Long before the mass explosion of emoji ads.

We still recruited. We still grew. Kaw still grew.

I don't see the point in gawdy ads that are mostly poorly done, myself.

6. So have I. And anyone who was around in that time would be aware of how very different the game was then to now.

You can't compare 2010 KaW to the 2017 KaW and expect to get a valid answer that still applies in this situation. It doesn't. Clans have changed, number of ebs have changed, difficulty of ebs has changed, CS has changed, loyalty has changed, the number of clans has changed.

I don't think people make ads so they look pretty to you. That's not really the point of them. If you're noticing they don't look good, it means you're noticing the ads and what it says. Which is exactly the point of them.

7. We will just have to agree to disagree.

Your opinion on ads is valid. And I understand your points.

I also know that the game will still continue to survive grow and flourish without them.

No you can't compare 2010 kaw to 2017 kaw. Almost two different games now.

Use to be about growing your clan expanding your clan. Now it's about clan hopping to the biggest fastest eb.

Yes the game has changed. Yet it would still grow. Still operate. Still function without the return/enter key being usable on a WC comment.

you can still make things pretty

8. Limiting the use of the return key would achieve what exactly?

It wouldn't stop people posting ads. It seems you just want a more aesthetically pleasing WC?

Ads are supposed to be different to holding a conversation. It isn't hard to hold a conversation while ads are in WC. I find when an interesting enough topic comes up, plenty join in to chat and take part in the conversation. Enough that it usually moves quickly enough that the odd ad here and there isn't really noticed.

The extra speakers might very well help make this happen on a more regular basis.

I think people have the right to choose whether to use speakers to chat or to post ads. You shouldn't restrict their ability to make it 3 lines or 1 in an attempt to force world chat to look more like a conversation :lol:

If people wanna talk, they will. I imagine the extra speakers will only encourage that. It seems to have already done that, from what I have seen.

9. No pint limiting ads. There is a limit already.
    It would be a nightmare to have a conversation with limited characters.

Kaw is too complex for that when advising on wc. And anything beyond hullo just wouldn't be possible on one line.
    Not to mention it would kill speakers far faster.

Separating world chat so that the top half is for chat and the bottom half is for adverts would be my preferred method
    Obviously posting to the given chat window.
    That way speakers could be applied to adverts but chat could be speaker free but have adverts in it instantly silence worthy.

Adverts are a necessary evil in the game for many clans. And it's a shame many people feel they need to prioritise adverts over chatting on wc due to the limited speakers.
    People do what they can to support their clan.
    Chat is lost when you are restricted daily and don't want to waste precious speakers when your clan may need help.

10. Such a separation would be ideal, Optimal.

There's already 3 different chat systems, it couldn't be that difficult to add another? Could we get the devs thoughts on this please?

11. Remove ally chat and make it the ad chat.

?

12. ....all this pandering is disgusting, u people are shameless

13. Interesting idea, one that gives me an idea.

14. But ally chat is such a staple :(

15. Wc over the years (especially in the last 1-2) has gotten way, way slower. I've been playing for many years, and back in the day, it was extremely uncommon to ever see wc messages hit 2 mins or longer (on phone platform of course).

With that being said, I think this is a step to improving the ever increasingly slower wc. However, I do not think is enough. It might be worthwhile to consider having all speakers regen to 25 each day, or not even having a limit.

All in all, thank you for noticing and addressing the wc issue!

16. I like the idea of increasing the speakers per day, but maybe increasing to 20 per day and leaving speaker total to 50. Lots of people talk in wc, this would keep wc busier.

17. I liked the way gaw was set up. Their three chat bars. It was nice @Mark

18. How much is ally chat used really? The ally market is crashed. And if your buying friends they are in your inbox anyways. I don't think losing ally chat would be losing a valued feature.

Js

19. I agree it would take longer unless it was a 1 minute cool down in wc for messaging. Even then I wouldn't like that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.