Why have Xstal and Nob prices increased by 25%

Discussion in 'Other KaW Discussion' started by D3Fi-PUB_gfsdgf, Jan 20, 2017.

1. Without any notice, xstal and nob prices have risen by 25% in the U.K.
    Why would you do this other than to discourage more people from continuing to play?

2. Apple has recently increased prices in the UK on their platform to accommodate for exchange rate changes. here.

More info here.

3. Just made a quick comparison:

Apple device in U.K. - 20 12 xstals £19.99
    Online in US - 20 12 xstals $19.99

Conversion rate $ - £ is 1.23

So if I was to buy the same xstal package in the US it would cost me £16.25

This is not encouraging me to spend money on a game I've played (and paid) for over 5 years.

5. This isn't the fault of ATA as this was a change made by Apple.
    You are better off letting Apple know your distaste of the change than ATA.

6. Too expensive now £19-99 is way too much , I won't be spending anymore on kaw !

8. Play store increased

9. I think someone doesn't like Brexit so given this unfair increase that does not reflect the same cost in other countries
    So why is the US alot cheaper that UK

10. Buy off pc, all pc prices in usd

11. Brought to you by Trump, USA USA USA 

12. If you bought a apple phone then you've already got more money than brains

13. 25% increase for uk is too much of a hike up ,I vote brexit to spending any more on kaw

14. So are you suggesting Android users should complain to Apple then?

15. Can't you change location services for Apple's store to the US by using a VPN? Thus getting lower prices? Just a thought

16. You cannot buy an in-app purchase from a different store from the one that the original app came from I'm afraid.

You'd have to make a new Apple ID that's for the US and then download kaw before then using the US dollars from that specific Apple ID.

Ultimately it's probably easier to just buy on the pc version of Kingdoms At War when you wanna make a purchase :)

17. Its not just apple, android customers have also seen costs increase, for some reason the exchange rate according to apple/google is 1 usd to the pound??? Just a thought but you may want to enquire about this ata because between the pay to play aspect too reach top few k in lb (fact that i think all players realise now) and this "strange" exchange rate will mean the 8k paying customers(excluding alts) will be about to drop to maybe 6.5k 7k at a push, maybe im wrong but i doubt it...unfortunately

18. Sometimes you haven't got access to a PC , this is crazy as a UK player and I think I speak for the rest of the UK ,we won't but 200 nobs for £20 quid ,it is absoulte kick in the nuts

19. I agree that it's massively annoying, and we'd all prefer to just have the button there that's cheap. But that's not how app purchases works and ata have to follow those rules set by apple.

All I can suggest is wait until a convenient time to purchase things and do it by pc for the cheapness - otherwise it's just gonna be the annoying price :/

20. It's simple really just stop spending
    Screw ata