Price increase in UK - Suggestions

Discussion in 'Ideas + Feature Requests' started by RedHotVixen_MaCHiNE, Jan 20, 2017.

1. Ok so apple users woke to huge inflated price increases this morning - 25% increase - this isnt the usual £1/2 increase to ease us into a rise

While we all understand Apple set the prices not ata - the deals are no longer deals anymore and huge discrepancies in what is good value and what isnt

Would really urge Ata to review what each package gives people who buy them - maybe its time for an overhaul and fresh look at the packages because right now they are really bad value and a little shocking

The packages offered if you buy through PC are much better value offers - maybe apple purchases could be changed to match them

Droid users have had price increase too - confirmation

2. Hey there, you're indeed right that Apple has adjusted prices in the UK due to changing currency and exchange rates.

Just posted a quick noice of this here.

We've always only ever set prices in US currency, where Apple then makes the adjustments to local currencies. This means that the value you get has always been in line with the purchase price of $1 US, however your countries dollar value has decreased when compared to the US dollar.

3. Its quite horrendous. AS USUAL theyll claim fair play now they've Increased Droid Prices To Match Apple increase.

Theres no deal in buyingg the packages offered anymore. You can purchase 168+32xtals at just a fraction more than the current offered deal after increase.

Its actually extorting and really does need to be reviewed.

4. We get the increase and apple setting prices

But offers and packages need huge review please

5. Do you know what extortion is? Because this isn't it

6. The USA dollar has been on the rise by a good amount as of lately

7. Give it about 12 hours or so

Or Monday. Important people now take weekends off.

Edit. Re:US Dollar

8. Support Vix. Bottom line far less spending (cant say none coz ummmm well that's why it's called a KaWdiction duhhh lol) unless these get adjusted. Simply can't afford such a huge increase no way no how. Sorry ATA you guys gonna see a big reduction in spending if you don't review this. Thx

9. £19.99 (gbp) = $24.58 (us dollars)
    Prices for dollar using countries for xtals and nobs = $19.99 meaning uk being squeezed for an extra £4.59

So as i said. Extortion.

We understand prices will not change, but value for buck is what is being requested? So deals must be reviewed and adjusted to give besy value not an extorted one that evidently shows extra money grab and pocketing from you devs.

168 xtals at £99.99 gbp exchanged is $122.97 dollars

But the charge for non uk dollar using countries are $99.99 dollars

Clearly something isnt right and has not been thought through with the new price changes.

10. Just change to the US store and buy American iTunes cards. Problem solved.

11. I agree vix, its daylight robery imo... So the devs need to adjust to this and make the oricle look more advertising and worth the real life money people are paying or they going to lose more players.... Get yr fingers outa yr **** devs and up the xtal/nob amount for the prices ppl are paying... Eg  £99 gets you 280 xtals... And so forth

12. Support Vix
    Packages need to reviewed to provide value for new prices

13. I may not be an expert on the Apple Store, but in the UK store the price you are shown also factors in VAT. In the US store, state taxes aren't shown in the advertising price and are added on after the purchase. If that is the case then I don't see the issue with the price rise.

14. ^lol not an expert

Then provides info about currency changes and vat with two countries respective app stores

ye nah

15. I'm just not gonna buy anything at these prices especially due to the offset against the dollar isn't correct.

These changes are ridiculous

16. Just to reiterate the price rise we all accept and know its out of ata's control

however the packages offered are sold to us as having bonuses and extra's when infact they are now all over place

Its this we are requesting ata to review and adapt what is offered to make the packages more fairer

This isnt a new thing either. Before the last price rises, the nobilty package was always cheaper buying 4 x 50nobs pack over the 200 nobs pack

17. The new packages for nobs used to be £14.99 now they are £20. What is the reason for the £5.01p increase Devs??? I don't accept the exchange rate bla bla bla. £5 for 6 xtals Really? I would rather spend money on other things now. If you want to kill the brittish side of kaw your heading in the right direction.

18. Said this was going to happen days ago.
    No one listened then.
    Only when it actually hits people's wallets do they care.
    Wait for ata to see sales drop and maybe deals will change