HEY DEVS!!!! Lvl 3 and 4 banners! Just do it

Discussion in 'Ideas + Feature Requests' started by Thanatos-Korgano, Jan 11, 2017.

1. Okay, I'm not gonna ask for different promos or fixes to EE or anything that everyone else keeps asking for. I'm gonna ask for something that's not even discussed on forums anymore....which means this is a sure fire thing to get done promptly.

Back in the day I had a thread about spy banners (yeah, remember those?). Here's the link for any that are too young to remember.

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=166814

Now, at the time, this was a big deal. We didn't have these fancy promo banners that give stats to all four categories. Nope, us old folks had to walk in the snow, uphill both ways, just to pick up our brand new, never seen before, atk stats only banners. Them darn devs wouldn't give us none of them fancypants spy stats.

Well, we fixed that! Us crotchety old folks ranted and raved and filled forums for about 3 days and got the devs to give us the spy based banners that we all wanted so badly!!

.... and about a month later they released larger promo banners that gave bonuses to all categories. And ever since then, the enchantable banners are completely flippin useless.

However, for some completely unknown reason, every new eb that gets released now (LOTL, GOTH, etc) all still drop steel and cloth. So, today I was bored and decided that I would clear some of the clutter in my mage's storeroom and organize my supplies and I enchanted all of the atk and spy banners to max level. It didn't take long cuz there's only 2 levels to enchant. After I finished I had managed to whittle my stocks of steel and cloth down to about 800 of every type and over 100 bloodwood. And guess what! The banners still suck compared to even the worst promo banners I have from long ago.

So, I propose a solution! Devs, give us what we want! We want level 3 and level 4 enchantments for our atk and spy banners!! MAKE BANNERS GREAT AGAIN!!!

Now, to make this work, they have to be pretty big stats. Take a decent level promo banner and all combined it gives about 9-10% bonus (about 2.5% to each category, atk/def/spy atk/spy def). The atk or spy banners though only give us a bonus to 2 categories. This makes them less useful (ie. not useful at all) except for certain situations (I'm sure there's one, but I can't think of it). So, to make them more desirable and worth working towards, they're going to need to be beefy and impressive and wow people with their awesomeness.

I'm thinking something like 10% combined bonus for level 3 and 14% combined bonus for level 4. So, the balanced stat banners would be 5% bonus to atk and 5% bonus to defense at lvl 3, 7% bonus to atk and 7% bonus to defense at lvl 4, and so on and so on for the different unbalanced banners. You get the idea though. Heck go even bigger if you want devs. 12% and 16% combined? Sure, go big or go home.

If you want the most kick ass atk stats banner, you could have it! It just wouldn't do anything for your spies. And if you wanted awesome spy bonus, you've got it!! But you get no atk. That's the tradeoff for getting the best of the best in one area.

Now, the flip side of this is that for these things to be awesome, which makes them useful again, they also need to be expensive to upgrade and take time to do so. Maximum level (lvl 2), which we have now, requires 56 cloth, 112 steel, 5 bloodwood, and 833 bronze bars to get. That's laughable nowadays. That's maybe 10% of what folks have if they've played for very long.

So, let's go with something like this....

Level 3:
    300 cloth, 600 steel, 40 bloodwood, 1000 silver bars (yeah...silver bars, big kids don't play with bronze)

Level 4:
    400 cloth, 800 steel, 60 bloodwood, 2000 silver bars.

Make it like the scragg equip used to be. You know, the old days were only one person in all of kaw had the equip. Make us hit foreeeeeeeever to get the drops for the next level.

But mostly, give us something useful to do with all the damn steel and cloth we have laying around. Give us something cool and overpowered in one area that's hot garbage in all other areas. Do it devs!! Just do it!!!

2. I support dis

3. Aside from the silver bars sure why not. Maybe lower the amount and I'd give my full support.

4. 250 and 500 silver bars seem fair but SUPPORT for the main idea

5. 2T and 4T to upgrade? I'll pass, thanks tho!!

Seriously though i like the idea, but to be competitive with current banners it would need to be like 5%/5% on the balanced ones.

6. Yeah, thinking 5% / 5% for level 3 and 7% / 7% for level 4. With those percentages shifted obviously for the attack heavy and defense heavy versions.

7. Great idea, defiantly agree with your initial SB number, raise it even! 1000sb is nothing. Give us something to work for.

8. Yes, I'd like one of those

9. Yeah fewer Silver Bars and then full Support

10. Support or at least stop giving us the banner stuff after we've enchanted everything.

They stop the unnecessary scroll drops so why not these?

11. Why I don't think they will do this.
    Those banners have eb drops.
    They are relatively easy for new players to get and have a kick start into stat jumps.
    A taster into what promo banners will provide if you chase enough.

As such making the non promo ones more powerful detracts from the promo rewards.

That alone rules it out commercially.

Second reason is it would just overpower some players with % increases on bc players.

Just allow those of us who don't need the items to sell them and use the gold or have them traded for enchant items we don't have at a ridiculous level.
    But I can't see them going for this without an incentive for income

12. More silver bars and I support fully

13. Why do people make it seem like they survived the Baatan Death March in forums? Remember guys, this is just a game.

14. Any day devs. I'm sure you're just putting the finishing touches on these. Thank you!!