Name Your Favourite Christmas Presents

Discussion in 'Other KaW Discussion' started by AshesOfEden, Dec 24, 2016.

1. Hey Everyone,

Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas. Peace and Joy to you all 

So.. looking back at all your presents  you ever had at this time of the year, which ones stick out in your memory?

What made it memorable? You can name more than one..

Walk down the joyful memory lane and share with us all, your favourite presents!

I will try to remember past my ugly sweaters and countless socks to some goodies as well and post



2. Honestly my memory is terrible. I only ever really want money. Gifts are almost useless as I don't like 90% of things.

3. Got a GoPro this year

4. Dat booty

5. Long long ago.. in a galaxy far far away.. there were these things called the CD's!..

Well a memorable CD I got for present one time was the album "Introspective" by the Pet Shop Boys..

it was musically funky and dancy and clubby with Domino Dancing and Always on my mind.. (an old country song made famous by Elvis and Willie Nelson and took it to the club hopping mode by the Pet Shop Boys)

And CD sound was a novelty back then (for me).. plus I was just glad the cassette tapes days were over.. even though we used the cassette dubbing and making mix tapes for a while after the CD's cos CD's only "play"

6. A few years ago back when I was in high school a friend of mine bought me a pair of blue jeans for Christmas. My family was super poor and I only had one pair. He noticed and surprised me one day with them (not in front of others to avoid embarrassment).

I actually fell to the floor and started to cry. I haven't seen him since high school but I will never forget him.

Every year now I go and buy blankets, at least a hundred, and I give them out to homeless shelters around the area.

7. That's awesome Echo

8. Well, delta overbooked my flight, and because the next closest flight was 8 hours later, they gave me a **** ton of money to travel with, so that was pretty cool, I guess. Not really a gift so much as a consolation, but still.

9. Hehe Razz.. well said.. I think we can count that as a gift of sorts

Oh I have a good sweater gift experience..

A while ago (prob like 10-12 years), I got a full zipper cardigan sweater as a gift..

It's from Victorinox (The Swiss Army knife folks).. and it's in that deep red Swiss Army knife color..

I was like ok.. it's a bit red but I'll give it a try.. well I still have it today and it is very nice quality (it doesn't pill over a lot of use.. the recent high tech ones don't anymore either but this was pretty good for its day)..

Fully zipped, it does look like a Star Trek next gen uniform though..

10. I remember getting an Nintendo DS Lite for my birthday. It also came with the game super Mario bros. One of the best gifts.

Now I'm waiting to open my Christmas gifts as I know what they're. I can't wait to read the book I picked.

Happy holidays everyone❤

11. Not a gift story, but I'd like to share it because It's still Christmas related. I've never been one to ask for much if anything even as a kid. When I was 4 all I wanted was an orange jacket and crackers. I went and told this to the mall Santa and accidentally got myself placed on the malls christmas donation gift list :lol: my mom was horrified lol.

12. A fully restored 1976 Trans Am. Was a total surprise.

13. Do remember one time my folks had been out drinking christmas eve & i woke up to eagerly open my presents to find a barbie doll, make up set & a ballerina outfit. My sister wasnt to pleased either with her action man, Buckaroo & Batman costume. It was emmotional.

14. My fav would be when I finally get ashes in the stockings, I ask Santa every year but never happens...

But I'll never lose my spirit

15. Only gift I've gotten on Christmas is another 24 hours of just sitting around with nothing to do.

16. A Viper alarm/remote start for my vehicle. Love being able to start the vehicle from inside the house when it gets into the -30's F.

17. I've never been one for presents or Christmas. However given that my birthday is Christmas I will say the best present I have been given is life. Yes I know super cheesy. It was the best gift although the green power ranger's dragon dagger was a close second lol.

18. Ur mom's box

19. Chad- don't spoil Ashes thread please.