iOS Players: Reminder to Update to new App!

Discussion in 'Past Announcements' started by [ATA]Charlie, Dec 8, 2016.

1. This is a message for iOS Players,

A little over a month ago we announced a new KaW iOS App was available and have been encouraging players to download and play on that app (all players who do get 5 Free Health Crystals).

We are now asking that everyone on an iOS device update to the latest version of KaW by downloading and playing on the new App Kingdoms at War: Strategy Reborn. Starting at 12:00 Noon Dec 8th we are turning off our old version and you wont be able to play on it anymore (everyone who has already downloaded our new app has already experienced this).

Android users this won't effect you at all!

To our users on legacy iOS devices (Around iPhone 4s and older):
    • We are aware of recent crashes experienced during play. We have are releasing a tech-tree update next week that should fix these crashes. This is our main reason for asking everyone to update and download the latest version of KaW allowing us to expedite approval for this update.
      To ensure that your account correctly transfers over correctly make sure to connect with either ATA ID or Facebook.

Thank you everyone for your understanding!

2. Android > iOS

3. Getting paid for a job > Doing a job for free

4. Where's my 5 xtals?

5. Ios isn't the only ones having the tech tree issue.

6. I still haven't received my 5 free xtals

7. And you never will SilverBullet.

8. Devs don't lie

9. No support. I'll wait until people complain about what's wrong with new update first.

10. Doesn't work that way. In about 12 hours, the old app will shut down.

11. How bout you give some damn justification for this new app??

I literally don't understand... All it does is force us to use the old ugly icon and some ugly PC loading screen

12. Seems to kill some iPhone 4 and possibly 4s models. Maybe those sly dogs at ATA bought Apple stock and are trying to spur new iPhone 7 Sales.

14. Hopefully the migration to a new app is to allow the underlying code to be more maintainable. Old code gets hard to modify and build on.
    I hope the new app has a lot of code changes under the hood without changing the functionality.

Hopefully this allows KaW to continue to be the great game it is.

15. My ipad mini alt still has to delete / reinstall the game every 4-5x I load it up.

Dumb.

16. On my two iPad 2 devices I now have to struggle for 30min to have the app start. In the end I have to bite the dust and delete the app and reinstall. I leave it open to guess how long I will continue this before I retire completely...

17. No problems over here, except the same one that means I have to close open and reopen to update WC, but that was happening before new app so no new problems I guess

18. So we r forced to support? If I say no support for crap threads like this, I get banned? Cool NO SUPPORT CHARLIE

19. The problem isn't just happening on legacy devices. Pretty sure the 5 series of Apple products came out after the 4s, but I could be wrong.

20. You dont get banned, the old app just stops working.