Classic Kingdoms at War

Discussion in 'Ideas + Feature Requests' started by MrX, Dec 5, 2016.

1. Or this

2. Support would be fun

3. I like this idea, with a few additions:

Clans would be in use, and some ebs (low level). Why? With no ebs people will just make a bunch of alts to farm, might as well take out the middle man. Clans because that was one of the best improvements to the game, and with the way forums are run these days they wouldn't be a viable option for all the banter that would be needed. Also, I prefer a stand alone game, not one that would require a 3rd party app.

I think ideally the model for income should change so that no money can be spent in game. The best way to run a game like this is through a subscription: first month or two is free, then something around $2-$5 a month to play. Of course you could buy 6,12,24 month subscriptions for a slight price reduction. This way ATA can make money off of it, and in the game itself the size of your wallet doesn't determine your capabilities or lack thereof, keeping the game as "pure" as possible.

4. Interesting points and ideas, let's see what others have to say about it

5. How do you eliminate OSF imbalance between lifers and semi casual?

6. This would in turn bring back the pwar era. Which would make everyone lcbc thus leading to more lands release then bigger builds then ebs.... see where I'm going here? Also you don't want to break up your player base like that. Stop crying about yesterday and enjoy today. Everything you could do In kaw at the start you can do now. What would a "throwback app" actually accomplish? Nothing is the answer. It would accomplish nothing.

7. The spirit of the old game is pvp
    Today's game is a money squeeze from people with disorders that think LB presence is actually worth something.
    I like the idea of a "throwback" game and make the politics of it the focus.

8. Agree with this

9. If we split the player base more people would quit the problems is the size gap why not just bump the mid to low lv EB payout depending on amount of lands owned
    more lands= close to normal payout
    less lands= a bigger EB payout
    Non pay2play ebs only
    Or just do login rewards like a bunch of people recommended a few years back.

10. For starters, long time bro I remember warring with you back at rawrrrr so I know how seriously you take Pvp. But you know that all it takes to play classic kaw is to pop open your BL and pick someone. I agree that the power creep has made the numbers outlandish and thus hit ranges out landish, but FC was a "throwback kaw" and while people enjoyed FC for a while the overall community dwindled off because once you got BC there wasn't much left to do with no strategical advantages. Unless the game got an update. With new lands and builds and so forth. And it didn't and eventually they closed it to focus resources here.

11. I member I was in ca at raawr almost 4 years ago when it was a relevant clan

12. Support! Bring back shameless pwars!

13. In order to truly be how it was at the beginning then you probably have to cap stats at like 200k combined max. Maybe ~1m if you wanna implement tier4 ll although that's more 2010

14. 

15. Support but I don't know if it needs to go back all the way to '09 but atleast before HTE was added.

16. Join the revolution