Classic Kingdoms at War

Discussion in 'Ideas + Feature Requests' started by MrX, Dec 5, 2016.

1. So I'll start off with a Runescape reference. I know, l33t nerd. So in Runescape, after x amount of time many players requested a throwback version that could be played in alternative to the actual game. The OG 'scape made available was just like how it was when the game first came out; max lvl99, open world pvp, etc. What I suggest is a KAW version of such.

I hereby start a petition for the devs to make either a separate game or an option from somewhere in the main page to take you back to the classic ways of kaw. Only LL buildings, no clans, lb consisting of a couple mil cs, the lot. Just the game was back in '09 when it launched.

My reasoning for this is because although I started way early on when the game launched, I was like a lost and confused puppy alone in the world and didn't know what to do. As time goes on, I find my yearning for those old days of kaw grow more and more. Wouldn't y'all like to go back to before events, before HTE, before Kawflation, before even OSW, before everything and play kaw back at its roots?

I assume this would be relatively easy to establish, and although it wouldn't bring in any real money for the devs (I know, sad) it would revive many dedicated players lust for the game and could boost the popularity of the game as a whole, at least with current members.

Let me know feedback and thoughts

Support:
    MrX
    Jackson
    lIXlI-_Christmassacre_-llXIl
    Kasama
    Nuke-SE
    Ganesha
    AOD__Ruthless__AOD
    Satan

2. Support. Either a new server or app. Perhaps to make it more interesting there could be like 50 ll and 50 hl and new buildings and stuff. No ebs other than warbeasts maybe. Would be so fun lul. It actually would bring in a decent amount of money as you'd be surprised ay how many people would buy xtals and so on.

3. This has been suggested several times, by some pretty popular players, and gotten quite a bit of support. But ATA seems to think everyone just wants event after event until the sun becomes a red giant and we all die.

4. Too much of a split player base would be the result. Sorry, no support

5. Many, many of us have called for a T2/T3 limited game pre EB. Never had a response. As ever I'll throw my support though. 

6. I wasn't aware of any prior to this (although I should have assumed there was), so sorry for stealing their idea.

And yes I think pre-eb would also be a necessity, keep it pvp ;)

As to the split player base that's a very real possibility, but I see it as a small one. People with still care about their 'KAW 2016' profiles, and their growth on it so I still see people playing this kaw. Think of it more as a Kawcation app

7. Then how about only open it on weekends? Something like that? Just spouting ideas

8. I would take even that tbh. That would also curb the tendency to abandon the actual app

9. Not a bad idea at all that one. Package it to the devs as a promo and it's a given.... Defeats the object but win a battle, lose the war I guess..

10. Nothing is stopping players from having a "classic kaw" style of play in todays' kaw except their greed for growth and improvements. For something requiring no spending, this will not be made by dwvs, it is unprofitable and essentially a bad business decision. Anyone that supoorts this but doesnt play "classic kaw" atm is a liar and should have an invalid vote.

No support

11. I haven't spent a dime in 3yrs unlike a quite a few others. Only reason dev probably will not do this is because dev done gave an amount of ppl that play kaw today with their kawcaine "event,HTE..etc" players r HOOKED!! the spenders will not go backward and dev losing money is out of the question. Alts is there for a reason if u don't want to join clan/hit ebs/ join events. Right now there r cows to b milked.

12. Lmao this will never work lmao mainly because this isn't the first petition haha devs only do what they think will work and if the like your idea which they won't they might consider it

13. Why do people insist on making idea threads?

Nothing ever happens, EVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

Support btw

14. Your opinion is noted, but I do disagree with it. If you're a llbc you sit around 2-3mcs. In this game that puts you in the hit range of a up to ~25mcs player. The point of my suggestion/idea is that the max stats someone can achieve is 2-3mcs, just like when the game was established. As someone pointed out there will likely be money spent on mass xtals (no ebs/clans etc mean no xtal limits), and OG players as a whole may be intrigued by the option to throw back to the old days and would have a morale/popularity plus side for the biz aspect.

Mostly same to you

15. Whoa been a minute since I seen this idea, it's a good idea and I like the runescape anology as I played the original in elementary/high school.

However awesome this idea is, it'll probably never happen, ever. You can hope it will but I wouldn't hold my breath on it.

16. the difference between kaw and runescape is the number of players. runescape have 100k+ while kaw have 10k or around there??

17. People took GaW for granted while we had it and all these threads about going back to the old times is spot on what the devs tried to do with GaW. Support but much anger that the community of KAW is only realizing what we had

18. No

19. I can't hit my targets if they keep growing so I have to resort to hitting ebsies :/