Sick of it

Discussion in 'Other KaW Discussion' started by Kauai, Nov 28, 2016.

1. I'm thankful for the 100Qs that have been made this event.

We will see more BC players

Maybe even a big strip ;)

2. Don't need to imagine, you basically just described FC :(

3. We don't appreciate these events and the money hungry mindset behind devs.

4. To the T

5. People whine about events, Kaw is a Free to Play game. Without anyone spending money, the game would completely shut down. Devs found a way to turn profit & keep player base without charging a monthly fee. People don't realize this

6. I like all the people acting as if I'm kissing up to ATA. I'm not, Its just getting annoying that all you people ever do is complain. If you don't like it, leave.

7. This

8. I appreciate them heh

9. Criticism has its place. It can drive developers to strive for new ideas.
    If they all just agreed and never complained about anything, you wouldn't have things like Spragga sales or pvp events ;)

Controversy can drive ambition.

10. ATA missing link alt confirmed lmao don't pop a books vessel now noob

11. YEA THEY DID

12. Well a sale isn't enough for you? ATA is made up of a team of humans. They need food on their rice bowls. Demanding free stuff is being too greedy....

13. Ok let's explain why people complained.
    And where ata went wrong.
    First pretty much all paying customers ( the people that pay ata's bills ) were happy that with the Black Friday sale they were being given a genuine deal that gave them far more gold for their real dollar value for seals and xtals usage than normal.
    This up to this point was a win for ata giving something back and rewarding their customer loyalty with decent value.
    End the sale here and we have a win situation for all. Good value for customers and ata have customers that feel they got a good deal.
    All happy about spending.

Now the rub and why it all went south.
    Next day and during the same event ata do a deal on zta.
    Zta pays pretty much double the hte rate.
    Xtals spent on hte suddenly became wasted opportunity because next to no one would have purchased seals or used xtals if they had known zta deal was coming as that represents far better value for money at every level.

So the point is this. Customers who spent saw their real dollar spending value halved because of a better offer a day after a sale and during the same event.
    Of course people will be upset with that.

Yes ata were trying to maximise spending and with some customers they likely achieved this goal.
    With many others, they told them they didn't care about how much you had saved and spent. Their purchase was a waste of money.
    And so it goes from win to fail.

The scenario could have been totally different had ata launched the zta sale a month later for Christmas for example. It would have been a generous deal.
    But a sale one day after a sale that devalued the first sale. That to many was a slap in the face money grab.

What ata needs to take away from this is that people need to perceive they are getting genuine value for money for their purchase.

That this sale episode unfortunately was badly timed and should have been a total win, as opposed to now being seen as a cash grab.

That future deals will be transparent with time frames assured and that you will get value for money.

What that would do is assure we all get value for money and are content with our spending choices.
    And that ata gets a more positive response from its community who would feel that they are being given something back in appreciation for their support of the game.

Maybe some of the feedback has appeared less than perfect in how it was written.
    But the perception of the player base is important.
    As is the perception that spending is of genuine value and appreciated.

My hope would be the devs take the positives from the constructive criticism and future offers reflect this.

The events btw are now essential to growth. And as much as we may hate back to back events, the free extra gold they provide is appreciated and essential to growth.
    Though a better balance is still needed on reward of drops.

Just my opinion for what it's worth.

14. Tell you what,there are so many ways ATA can simply rob you of your money. I will just simply list a few.

-remove all EBs completely, which means our only source of gold is from attacking other players or from the Oracle
    -remove power limits; a guy with 150 MCs can attack a guy with 20 MCs
    -UNLIMITED TROOPS
    -impose timers on every action; to attack other players your troops must "travel" a certain distance. Time deduction can only be bought with nobility point.
    -introduce more resources in the game,and training of troops can only be done with these resources.

These are a few simple mechanics ATA could have implemented. Will that be robbing your money? Yes. What are you going to do then? Cry?

Short story here is be grateful that there are free 2 play EBs. Don't be butthurt.

15. Devs just took away 60 hrs of 20% spell from last event.Spells should've stacked but no .

But no criticism ; well done devs.

16. Btw no butthurt here. Just observations on how to improve customer relations but if that's . butthurt??so be it. Most companies improve via customer feedback. And I am sure ata will continue to.

17. Op confirmed for Ata Grant alt.

18. Optimal ZTA is better than HTE no matter what. Spending on seals is a waste of money :lol: .

19. That is very true. And I'm certain if ata had done zta offer first on Black Friday people would be loving the event far more.

Though half price seals and hte gold were more appealing to many than full price zta. Hence highlighting the fail in promo logic.
    Seals without the second bar are a waste normally these days as it is. Though 75% plunder bonus made them appear worthwhile. At least until Monday.
    The. Slap to all who had spent.
    It's a shame. I honestly like this game and the community as a whole.
    Wish the devs could work in a more positive manner with an understanding of their player base at large.
    Black Friday event should have been a huge win for them.