Political Exercise 2.0 - RoC

Discussion in 'Other KaW Discussion' started by -IIXII-AJ-IIXII-, Nov 23, 2016.

1. To get everything started and moving, I will place the government that a nation in my book has. This is a space opera.

Look here for more information: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=182252

The Republic of Charvonia

The RoC’s government is a variant of/resembles a constitutional monarchy; a system of governance where there is a federation of states, or planets, with a single monarch/arch as overall head of the federation, but actually retaining limited/shared powers with other branches of government. There are officially three branches of government:

The Archship (Headed by the Arch)

The Charvonian Congress (HoR, Senate)

The Supreme Court Of Republic Charvonia (Headed by the Chief justice)

(There is an unofficial branch is the National cabinet, the bureaucracy. It’s headed by various elected and appointed officials.)

The Archship

Has sole control over the handling of foreign, national defense and military policy – With congressional oversight. The Arch has the power to veto all laws passed through the congress, though they can be overturned with a sixty percent majority vote from both chambers.

*The Archship is allowed to alter the wording of laws if a veto is overturned.

Archs are answerable to the courts for acts of treasons/dishonest or for breaking one of the ten rules. They can break congressional ties, otherwise, they have no voting power. This branch of government is able to appoint members to the national cabinet:

Central Intelligence Agency (CIA)

Representative to government. (Represents the family to the government.)

The Archship is ran by the VanderHill family. The current Arch is named Floyd. (Moderate)

He is soon to be succeeded by one of his children Ricca (Conservative) or Emeth (Centre left)

The Supreme Court Of Republic Charvonia

Before an act of congress can be brought into law, it must first be deemed fair and Novane by the TSCORC. All laws can be brought up to TSCORC for review and judgement but they must be brought up to them. The court is made up of thirteen prestigious judges - One chief, twelve associate. Eight judges are required to have it passed. Four are required by law to be from the Royal family or Nobility.

Protected by the Charvonian Honor Guard.

The Charvonian Congress

The Congress, in general, handles domestic and economic policy. Bills introduced by both laws must be approved by both.

The Charvonian Senate – Planet-at-large representation to the federal government via elected senators. Prepares/propose laws. These include the requirement that the Senate must advise and must consent to some of the cabinet members.

The Senate must consent to all treaties with foreign governments; it tries all impeachments, and it nominates the Head of Government in the event no person gets a majority of the electoral votes while the HoR confirms. Officials whose appointments require the Senate's approval include members of the cabinet, heads of most federal executive agencies, ambassadors, Justices of the Supreme Court, and other federal judges. If this body proposes laws, the HoR confirms, and vice-versa.

House of Representatives - Local representation to the federal government voting body - Prevent unpopular laws. Has the power of the purse. All bills for raising revenue shall originate in the House of Representatives. House of Representatives to impeach federal officials for "Treason, Bribery, or other high Crimes and Misdemeanors" and empowers the Senate to try such impeachments. If the sitting Arch or cabinet members are being tried, the Chief Justice of the CR presides over the trial. During an impeachment trial, senators are constitutionally required to sit on oath or affirmation. Conviction requires a two-thirds majority.

Center for Disease Control (CDC) – Congress

Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) – Congress

National Cabinet:

The Council of Governors – The council is intended to serve as a mechanism to for sectorial governors and key government officials can address matters regarding matters that relate to synchronization and integration of state and federal military and civil activities while serving the capacity of running their respective areas. It can pass what can considered to be federal level laws if enough of its members agree to it. This can effectively bypass the Congress and Archship, but is still held to the courts. This branch is controversial.

The Council of the Nobility – The constitution guarantees the rights of the nobility, how it is given and how it can legally be removed. In return, they swear fealty to the Royal Family, not Charvonia. This council is mainly advisory and is used as a forum to discuss the wishes and upsets of the nobility.

Emergency Management Agency – Publically elected.

Government Accountability board – Publically elected

Department of Justice – Publically elected

The Charvonian Honor Guard – Arch/Congress/TSCOTCR (Protects all government officials at all levels.)

The Internal Revenue Service – Congress (Handles all things tax related.)

Department of Research and Development – Congress (Handles all things to do with R&D.)

Department of Agriculture – Congress (Handles all things Agricultural.)

Department of Commerce – Congress (Handles all things dealing with the buying and selling of goods.)

Department of Energy – Congress (Handles all things energy.)

Department of Homeland security – Congress (Provides for the over watch and general safety of the homeland.)

Department of Education – Congress (Handles all things to do with education.)

Department of Immigration – Arch/Congress (Handles immigration.)

Department of Veteran Affairs – Arch/Congress (Handles the care and well-being of veterans.)

Department of Port Authority – Arch/Congress (Handles all things port related.)

Department of State Administration – Arch/Congress (Operates and handles all matters of state.)

Department of the Treasury – Arch (Operates and handles all monetary matters.)

The Charvonian constitution provides that the Arch may make an appointment during a congressional recess without the Senate's advice and consent, but, not for the Justice department and only until they reconvene.

Department of the Armed forces – Arch (Handles all things military.)

-------------------------------------------------------

The Archship is ran by the Royal Family VanderHill. Since the family is of my creation and I'm the game moderator, I will not assume complete control of them. Instead, I will RNG their actions with common sense.

The governorship for three planets Fheic-five senators, Garza-three senators and Arwak-two senators) is now open.

The senate will consist of ten members for now.

The HoR will consist of 13 members for now.

The Supreme Court will be considered vacant except for four seats(Nobility seats). The Archship will appoint.

If you want to run for the HoR/Senate, announce your candidacy.

If you want to be a member of the supreme court, request a meeting with the Archship.

Just don't understand anything? PM me.
    [/center]

2. So it's the U.S.

3. And what happened to my age 10 test enslavement idea I thought that was pretty solid

4. No.

Run and propose legislation.

5. What the bloody heck is this cluster heck of a hecking wall of text

6. A political exercise.

7. What does it mean though

8. I edited the text to fix a future controversy. If the text was left alone, it would have allowed the congress to side step the Archship.

9. The declaration of my intention to run as candidate as the first economic minister of RoC

10. Your candacy for one of the Fheic senate seats ia recorded.

11. Don't like you no more after Pipe told me you just stole these ideas. Thought you were really cool and I was excited to play your game.

12. Stole from who?

13. Tons of successful novels

14. Pipebomb, nor any of his posse, to my knowledge because I hold the copies and links of my own books, have seen or read anything about my books. So, if you have nothing else constructive to say and don't want to participate, you know where not to be.