Increase amount of speakers a player gets?

Discussion in 'Ideas + Feature Requests' started by Phyza, Nov 22, 2016.

1. I feel like players should get a few more wc speakers now. World chat is no where nearly as busy as it used to be a couple of years back, back then the amount of speakers we used to get daily and the capped amount was perfect to stop a overload of messages and ads in wc.

But now days, the amount of ads has largely decreased and much less messages are being sent. Occasionally, there is a interesting topic or debate in world chat but just as I'm getting to the juicy part of the chat, I run out of speakers.

Basically, in order to keep the world chat alive, I think we should get a few more speakers.

Maybe 8 a day as opposed to 5 and capped at 45-50.

I know people can purchase speakers, but not everyone is able to afford to constantly buying speakers (not that they cost a lot but everyone's financial status is different).

Furthermore, this would obviously not improve the players game stats, so it's not a request for me to try to make the game easier for myself, it's just my way of trying to reduce the 'deadness' of world chat by adapting to the smaller amount of players kaw has now.

Thanks for your time, if you think this is a dumb idea, then just say, I won't get offended.

Update:
    There are times of the day where more players are on and world chat is more busy, but overall, it is far more quiet with some times of the day messages having 20 minute gaps between each other.

2. Trying to pull in new players might also help with this problem.

3. I agree with this, my original post wouldn't completely fix the problem, but it would definitely help. New players will be a even better solution, it's just getting them to stay around.

4. support for the last 6 years i though that thwy should bunp it.up cuz 5 a day is nothing

5. We should be able to post in WC unlimited but just have a time gap, like 30 seconds between each post. If you want no delay you pay.

6. This is also a good idea which I support

7. Personally I would love to see players have an increased daily speaker regen. A busy world chat is always a good thing and the ToU would still be in place so spam would still be dealt with so it's hard to see a downside to this. I personally don't think the cap should change though.

8. Support!

I waited 5 days to get 25 speakers then had a good 20 minute conversation in wc Haha

9. Keep the cap, make it five an hour. Honestly I think that would be great

10. Yeah the cap of 25 is fine, but either increased incrementals or increased numbers we get.

11. I like the idea of being able to communicate to others without having to be in the same clan or have one on one through private messaging.

From a monetary point, I think speakers are the least profitable aspect of KaW for ATA. I mean, the options available allow to you circumvent world chat, but at the expense of being an inconvenience.

I think a change to this is quite appropriate. ATA boasts being about communication first and game play after. Why should speakers be a premium service?

12. Same.The speaker system is outdated and in much need of an overhaul. There is literally no point in having speakers at all, capped or not. The primary deterrence for spam is silencing - the amount of speakers you have has little influence.

As Kool-Aid said, I doubt its a majorly profitable area so we are better off losing a few dollars in speakers and gaining more activity in the community.

13. You see I always wanted unlimited then if you get silenced 1 time it's a warning 2 times it goes to our current REGEN speakers and 3 times perm

14. I thought we had 25 because devs wanted us to buy some more nobs to post in WA for 26 nobs.

15. So just increase the WA price. And I for one hardly ever look at WA...

16. Well if US politics crap was not on WC that would be a huge step forward then I'd agree to more speakers also.

17. I forgot about WAs. When did they implement that?

18. 1 a day regen, cap at 2. But I fear even then people will waste their only opportunity with garbage.

19. The developers thanked me for the suggestion. Sadly, they did not elaborate on it further, but I'm glad they responded.