Political exercise

Discussion in 'Other KaW Discussion' started by -IIXII-AJ-IIXII-, Nov 19, 2016.

1. Hello,

I am here today to see who would like to take part in a political exercise. This would be the creation of a functional mock government that will be built from scratch. That means a group of people would need to come together and create a constitution/governing document.

Once this is done, an election will take place for all selection positions.

If you would like to play, PM me so I can get you accounted for/explain more. You can also throw government ideas out.

This won't be a time consuming thing.

*This is an exercise that I will be using to expand on one of my other projects.

2. Can I be Trump?

3. Once the government is set up and running, you can be whomever you want to be and pass whatever bill you want.

4. Depending on how many people actually sign up, maybe a direct democracy?

5. Oh erm well I didn't think you would reply :lol:

6. Well I will throw out there the idea of Meritocracy. A government system based on making sure only the best/most qualified people available are working to make a country the best it can be.

7. Would the proposed governments have any branches or organizational structure?

I'm going to be throwing several out aswell.

Variant of democracy; government in which the state is governed by randomly selected decision makers who have been selected by sortition (lot) from a broadly inclusive pool of eligible citizens. These groups, sometimes termed "policy juries", "citizens' juries", or "consensus conferences", deliberately make decisions about public policies in much the same way that juries decide criminal cases. Demarchy, in theory, could overcome some of the functional problems of conventional representative democracy, which is widely subject to manipulation by special interests and a division between professional policymakers (politicians and lobbyists) vs. a largely passive, uninvolved and often uninformed electorate. According to Australian philosopher John Burnheim, random selection of policymakers would make it easier for everyday citizens to meaningfully participate, and harder for special interests to corrupt the process.

More generally, random selection of decision makers from a larger group is known as sortition (from the Latin base for lottery). The Athenian democracy made much use of sortition, with nearly all government offices filled by lottery (of full citizens) rather than by election.

8. Hate politics

9. ^ Hillary? 

10. I volunteer to be sexcreatary of state

11. Who would choose the "best suited" in the scenario of a Meritocracy?
    Also although the Athenians had citizen councils, doesn't mean they worked well. Just because it's ancient, doesn't mean it's right.
    I propose: Anarchy

12. Anymore suggestions before we move on?

13. Can we implement totalitarianism? I have an interesting system that would be viable

14. Instead of focusing on a specific system, lets work on a function. How would the government function?

15. Proportional representation based on Total CS of all involved, directly translated as % of total votes :$

16. We can start with delegates of...Twenty? Wall me if you want to be one.

17. I choose to be the dictator

18. Political Exercise... wat even r politics?

19. What type of system would this be? A parliamenary HM's government of the Commomwealth? The US republican system? Soviet councils? Is there a king/governor general? Or just a single House of Representatives/MP's?

I disagree with the system of random citizen rule: Who gets to decide who will randomly have power? If one can rig that system, then the entire structure could easily fall into a very undemocratic state. If that is overcome (which it can be), then it might be a good system.

I actually like constitutional monarchies - how is one to become a dictator when he is a subject to his/her majesty?

In terms of bills/structure... how about a bill is proposed, then there is 1 day of discussion, then a voting day is held (pre-votes may be cast).

20. Also, which country's laws would be the basis for this? The United States?