The Sleeper of Elrengoth Forest

Discussion in 'Past Events' started by [ATA]Grant, Oct 24, 2016.

1. Last event they added extra time

2. The EBs must be finished prior to the end of the event.

Think of it this way: If an EB is just started prior to the end of the event and takes 12 hours to finish, thats an additional 12 hours you'll have to wait for rewards to come out because the extra items could change what tier you are in or change who is on the LB. So putting in a set time for the EBs to be finished(12pm pst) makes the reward process go faster and smoother.

3. I'm aware of the process and why it's done like that, Mei.

However this event is different to previous events given the nature of the Old Man ebs (only old man, not others). Which is what I was asking for clarification on. I assume it'll be the same as the rest of the events. But it's not so much scroll items. Will the dew be treated the same? That won't effect LB.

4. You do have a point about the dew as it doesn't affect the end rewards as the scrolls do. I will try and get gregory to clarify on this and hopefully get an answer before the end of the event.

5. I predict rewards will be taking more than a couple hours to be sent this event...

6. Thanks Mei :) It won't really make a difference to me. Was just wondering as I'm not sure how long we can have the dew after the event and use it to UG.

Considering the Old Man ebs are done for the extra dew and people have paid for that, it seems fair the dew payouts are given even if not finished before the end of the event. Not the scrolls though, just dew.

7. Any black friday deal sneak peeks?

9. I think he indirectly implied, or at least what we should infer from what he said, is that the other members of ATA do not care. Considering he is replying "only" due to his newfound care for the community those who don't reply (looking at you Grant) don't care. Cheers for the clarification. Also I don't believe you understood the point I was making, I wasn't bashing you, my remark was mostly aimed at Grant. However, feel free to get #triggered nonetheless.

PS: Gregory, you only started at ATA on the 4th of October, don't you think you are a bit too early on in your career to be bragging about being "lead designer"?

10. It appears newer kingdoms cannot upgrade the event equipment because the mage is not unlocked. Presumably, they cannot enchant it either.

11. I feel like making PvP more significant on its own is a good idea. Some people have the desire to smack EBs and reach even goals all day, but others enjoy PvP.

I love the PvP blitzes, and theyre a great idea and addition to the game, but people seemed to enjoy it the most when they got direct rewards for PvP, and I think long term PvP events are something to consider.

I personally would love to get equip or other certain rewards separate of EB centered events. Something exclusive to PvP. Mithril is just about useless now, and its hard to come up with anything outside of equipment that would be significantly beneficial as a reward.

I have always loved the idea of profile customization, and maybe starting development on new ways to make your profile a little flashier for gold/nobs would be a good idea. It could be seen as a money grab by the community, but I don't see an issue as long as you include some F2P options.

Just a few things to consider.

12. Didn't even think about that, damn lol

13. Grant.

Seriously man. Can you address why we do NOT get notified when the pvp special item is removed? Why does the item randomly disappear in the first place? I have had ZERO incoming for over an hour yet the pvp thingy is gone from my inventory. No one took it. It just went away. No notification. This is getting old.

14. How much dews do we need to reach Druid's champion breastplate....s it 10,000 or 34,500 ?

15. You have to add up all the amounts of dew listed up to the pieces of equipment you wish to achieve.

16. 34,500 total as it is an upgrading process as spelled out in the original post

17. There was 2 threads a few weeks ago with relevant info in there, atleast the one I made I had requested from support someone from the DEV team to look through some of the ideas.

I know it's slightly time consuming to look through forums (which is why I emailed support asking for someone to look), but as we don't get any responses from the feedback button, and support don't always seem to make any sense(or just tell us to go post forums for no one to ever see again) we don't really have any way of getting our ideas to you.

The problem isn't that the community isn't giving feedback, it's that all the staff you introduce to us, to "communicate" with us just end up posting the same old copy and paste stuff, answering a couple of event only related questions and the running to hide in a cave somewhere.

18. I came up with quite a long post for a PvP campaign/event idea.. I decided not to post it because it was too long.

Basically what it would entail is increasing PvP plunder by very large amount, to match that of ZTA cruxed plunder since there is no completion rewards in PvP.

Change the event items to something new, like gold bars. Gold bars are bought with gold earned during PvP, EBs would have to be turned off to prevent buying them with EB gold and to prevent players from zeroing their troops and spies when being hit.

So the more PvP plunder you make the more gold bars you can buy, which determines your reward at the end of the event. I also thought it be a good idea that players be able to sell the gold bars at the end of the event for 100% of the price they were bought for. If the PvP plunder is increased enough, and enough gold is made then silver bars could be replaced by some equipment.

I do like the idea of a "money grab" PvP event. I feel like rewarding event items for PvP events makes it less PvPish. The whole concept would be cooler if you were able to make more gold from it than an epic battle, and would certainly be a nice break from EBs.

If this idea gets any support here I will go make a thread with the rest of it.

19. The gold bar idea wouldn't work cause of varying build sizes but I like the idea of substantially increasing pvp plunder. However ppl would just hit osf/oaf so....

20. The same issue in any other event...a player my size is not going to make top 10 scrolls nor should I. Unless there is some other problem your referring too. If needed why not make the bars cost scale to a players build size similar to mith. Idk what mith costs for the larger players but the cost here could definitely be scaled to balance.

The OSF/OAF problem... thats going to be an issue in any PvP based event if items are to be obtained by PvP actions. Unless devs alter the mechanics that allow OSFs to be hit unlimitedly with gold out.. Which doesn't seem so crazy if the devs are to actually run a long term PvP event. Or instead and more obviously just reduce the plunder a player yields after so many consecutive hits by the same player.