my xbox is attempting suicide.help!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by IkiryoNighthawk, Oct 2, 2016.

1. Last night, my Xbox attempted suicide but failed. It's power supply didn't kick in all the way, but I eventually got it to work. This morning, it didn't even start the light. You can barely even hear it attempt to start up when your ear is against the back of the box. I have no idea what's happening.
    https://youtu.be/b8W9A829Hrw
    Here's a video for your courtesy.
    Please read the description.
    No, I will NOT and will NEVER let this Xbox die.
    Mods don't ban me for the link I only want help.

2. Let it die

3. Rip

Move to pc and play emulators or join the rest of modern society and play triple a titles.

4. Well sorry, it's not my fault that the Xbox brings great memories and nostalgia associated with my childhood.
    I just got a computer that can run games and I can't afford to move my whole large collection of games onto my computer.

5. No. I will never give up. This Xbox is my childhood and I would never let my childhood die.

6. Dude/chicky pie, original xbox games weren't even that big.

Besides, emulators are okay from what I hear.

YOU CAN DO IT.

7. Well if you truly can't let of it, get it repaired.

Surely there's someone out there capable.

But a gaming 'antique' such as the original xbox isn't going to come cheap.

At worst you could always try backwards compatibility of the xbox 360 or perhaps if you have an xbox one purchase old games from the xbox marketplace.

But again, pc emulators are generally free sooooooooo..............

8. Have you tried turning it off and on again?

9. Or... You can 1 take it appart and re-ensemble the pieces, removing the issue, or 2. Not use it, let it sit there and have it not die. You can take the memory chip out if your crafty and put it in new Xbox, 360 or 1

10. It's just trying to tell you to upgrade to a PS4.

11. Buy a RGH Xbox, I have 1 and a Jail broken ps3

12. If you're sure the problem isn't the cables, it's inside the case of the Xbox. That, or the end of the cable has been damaged. Check the end that goes into the Xbox for any damage at all, or missing pieces.
    No idea what an original Xbox power cord looks like but some console cords have easily damageable pieces inside the end of the cord.
    Also, to check power is actually going to the Xbox, plug it in next to your bath and jump in with it.

Other than that, you'd have to open the Xbox up. It might be cheaper to get a new one than to get it repaired for you, and if you open it up without knowing what you're doing you could screw it up. Look up a guide if you're feeling lucky.

13. Check the port on the actual Xbox that the power cable goes into as well, and make sure the thing isn't dusty on the inside of the case. If it's dusty as  on the inside, that'll cause it to overheat fast and that can fry the parts.

14. Easy fix. Drill a new headphone jack hole in the bottom.

15. [​IMG]

16. Buy a new power supply.

17. I tried that on my iPhone. Now it's got a hole in it. First hole in one I ever got. Jk tho apple l sucks

18. Lmao that's cool it the old one haha