HP laptop help

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by IkiryoNighthawk, Sep 26, 2016.

1. My battery in my 3 day old HP laptop only lasts 2 to 3 hours at the most. It runs windows 10. This is my first new laptop and I am not sure on how long the battery should last because my previous laptop was used and had a crap battery. How long are they supposed to last?

**UPDATE**
    By setting most of my settings lower, I got it up to 3 and a half hours. Still not long enough : (

2. my Asus one lasts the same if I'm gaming,so i game plugged in

3. Have you checked your settings in your os? Mine did the same but I went into the settings and reconfigured now it lasts about 6-7 hours.

4. Sometimes they have different "auto" configurations for the battery usage...something like max performance which kills battery all the way down to max battery. That slows down somethings and what not to bring the battery life up.

5. It also depends on what you're running, how many programs you're running, what your PC specs are and how old the computer is. Not how long you've had it, but how long it's been sitting on the shelf.

6. It's brand new, like I said. Just got it on Saturday.

7. That doesn't mean it's not old. Just unused.
    For example twice I had to get my iPhone replaced for free because even though it was "new" in terms of never having been used before, it was old in terms of age and that had damaged its battery.
    It died in a third the time it should have, dropping 30-40% at once. I'm not saying that's your issue, since you probably haven't looked through the settings etc, I'm saying it's a possibility.

8. Did you charge it before you used it?

Do you keep it plugged in whilst using it?

Have you discharged and recharged it fully a few times?

9. Tbh, there's multiple issues that could be the problem... But the most obvious is if the specs take up that much battery, do you have the specs for the laptop?

10. Why dont you just call HP support?

11. Don't call HP support there shocking  they don't have technical knowledge, I deal with them at my work

12. Try sucking on a 9volt battery while you're on your computation machiney bobby thingamado.

13. Dont get an HP laptop?