USA vs China and Russia

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by -_Acnologia_-, Sep 8, 2016.

1. Just throwing it out there, I hate to say it USA but the British won the American war of independence.

It went like this.

Brits: We want to keep your country so we are going to fight you.

America: Hell no we dun need yall no
    mo'.

Brits: Lets think about this, these guys are all idiots, do we want to breed with them and make ourselves dumber?

Brits: God no.

The British left the country and let you have it.

Therefore the British won.

2. LOL "The British" did nothing it was the "English" and we whooped the crap out of them  ...since you're saying "British" you must be a loser Scot or a loser Irishwoman lol so I'll ask you the same question I ask Pars if your a Scot or Irish gal name "1" country you pathetic losers ever beat in any war except for the paddy cake you morons played with each other 7-800 years ago 

...pathetic losers 

"The British" my ass lol ...Scots and Irish have had ZERO influence on anything to do with anything as far as global military history goes. The only thing you two are good for is tanking the rest of the EU ....just like Laos/Vietnsm/Cambodia basically two Euro 3rd world countries. I'm surprised you can even KAW ..like you losers even have the internet over there??? ????????????

3. Yep.. You sure whooped the British.

Just like France whooped the Germans in ww2 right?

45k American soldiers.

Total 99k French/Spanish soldiers.

In a concentrated area vs a GLOBAL (not concentrated) force of 48k.

Britain has a habit of going to war with poor equipment that hasn't had spending maintained on it between wars it seems lol.

You need to accept that you DID NOT win the revolutionary war on your own. Just like ww2.

4. Lol.....youve obviously never heard of the royal marine comandos todd u really need to get your militery education up.

Im embarrassed for u.

5. All 3 countries have nukes AND ALOT OF THEM ,END OF WORLD

6. When people refer to Brtain they just completely forget that Wales is in it :(

7. Not saying the objective isn't important but Vietnam was completely one sided, the difference with the revolution was the French support made a big difference

8. That's cause nobody really cares about Wales

9. Naw but the US did kind of save the day

10. I could say the USSR support made a big difference, it means nothing. After the revolutionary war, America was a joke and irrelevant on the global stage so by your logic, the British won

11. Also not really, they contributed heavily to the pacific but the European theatre was won with or without them militarily. They were only helpful for supplies.

12. ^^^the US was well rested having contributed nothing in WW1 and were Jonny come lately in WW2

13. It was the French support that made the almighty British empire at the time back track. Vietnam didn't make the US leave

14. The French hardly made the British back track, even a combined French and Spanish involvement didn't make the British backtrack, if Britain wanted to really put down the revolution they would of brought the full might of the empire down upon the militias and the French on that part of the world, and the French and Americans would of been obliterated. Also if Britain fully dedicated to the war then the Germans also would of contributed heavily to the cause.

Outcome of such a scenario would of been America remaining a colony for a long time, the French and Spanish losing a lot of their colonies on that part of the world and a French surrender to the British because they couldn't of hoped to match Britain in the America's due to the Royal Navy.

But, Britain had bigger issues at the time and America wasn't worth more than the small amount of troops who were mostly inexperienced or old and out of shape that fought in the war.

15. Excuses, The British slacked big time in that war. Whatever difficulties they had, they were hardly insurmountable. The Great British empire despite their superior forces, superior numbers they were incompetent

16. Don't forget British Debt, folks. That helped out a lot, along with support for the war back home.

17. The British didn't have superior forces, they had 40-50k troops who hadn't seen combat in a decade, or who never saw decade at all, and what were they against? A massive country with a population of 2.5-3 million people, with only 20% of them remaining loyal to the empire and over 45% supporting the revolution. So let's say 1.35 million enemies or supporters of the enemy. That's a lot of people to police and subdue.

But let's look at the death and casualties. (Deaths for this war are different depending on what source you look at so I used the most consistent numbers I could find and in certain cases, the only number I could find.)

25,300 dead Americans
    8,500 injured Americans
    18,000 Americans captured
    10,000 French Dead
    5,000 Spanish Dead
    500 Dutch dead

Equivalent to 30-32 million today

24,000 British Dead
    1,800 Germans Dead

Native American deaths for both sides Unknown.

You can hardly call the British incompetent, look at the death difference. This is literally the Vietnam scenario again, only this time the Americans are the Vietnamese. Can you imagine what would of happened if the entire might of the empire was brought down on America the way America threw everything they had at Vietnam?

18. lol you don't know what the hell you're taking about right before the American Revolution Britain had died sized its military force after the 7 years war. They didn't have any other troops to send to fight us that's why England hired all those germern mercenaries ..they had no choice they had to. Also a draft or conscription was enacted in Emgland to bolster troop numbers but there was too much public outcry/backlash so they stopped it.

And anyways British military at that point in time was so ass backyards using obsolete military tactics on terrain that any idiot who didn't know any better could just look at and tell that crap wouldn't work. ...morons got played hard during Rebolutionary Way G-Washingtone clowned you fools. 

19. ...and as worthless the British troops were the German Mercs were even worse 

Buncha idiots 