Suicide Prevention Week Post #2

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by X_AnnaGrace_X, Sep 6, 2016.

1. (This Post is not an attention seeking post, I am making these post to help the KAW and irl community I am a strong supporter of suicide prevention and I have had a friend of mine from kaw that commit suicide. So please keep rude comments off this thread.)
    Dear Hurting Teenager,

I know you want to leave.

I know the horrible, endless walks through the hallways that you endure every morning, near vomiting.
    I know the afternoon bus rides to Hell where you sit frozen with fear, praying to just become invisible.
    I know the locker room beat-downs and the lunch room stares and the wounding words behind your back and the hateful taunts in your face.
    I know how it takes every bit of strength you have just to paint on a smile and pretend you’re OK and to hide how much it hurts and to act “normal”.

I know that all of this has left you exhausted; that you’ve numbed yourself and hurt yourself and starved yourself, in the hope that their voices will become silent and their fists will be lifted and you can finally breathe again.

I know that right now you’d rather leave than live.

And even though I’m not standing in your shoes and even though I don’t know you and even though I have no right at all—I’m asking you to stick around.

I’m asking you to stay; to endure your incredibly painful, totally senseless now because I can see your glorious, blindingly beautiful then, if you do.

You see my friend, if you stick around your giants will shrink. All those monumental terrorists whose daily words fall heavy upon you like boulders, will begin to get smaller and smaller and smaller as you walk deeper into your life. Their names will fade from your memory, their power will be drained to nothing, and those whose opinions and accusations now loom so very large and important to you will be but specks that you brush from your shirtsleeve on the way to greatness.

If you stick around, you will see just how big the world is, and just how small the minds of those who once tried to ruin you were. You will understand how much hatred they had for themselves, and see the weakness that tried so hard to look like strength; the insecurity that masked itself as arrogance and as unbelievable as it is now, you will actually pity them, realizing how very wounded they were.

If you stick around, you will travel to amazing places that will take your breath away and see sunsets that have yet to be painted in the evening sky.

If you stick around, you’ll eat that cheeseburger; the one that will cause you to make an actual audible noise in public (and you won’t regret it).

If you stick around, you will hear that song that will change your life and you’ll dance to it like no one’s watching (and then not care that they are).

If you stick around, you will hold babies and see movies and laugh loudly and you’ll fall in love and have your heart broken—and you’ll fall in love again.

If you stick around, you will study and learn and grow, and find your calling and find your place and you’ll lay in the grass, feeling gratitude for the sun upon your face and the breeze in your hair.

And yeah, there will be other stuff too; disappointments and heartache and regrets and mistakes. You will screw things up and be let down, you’ll face terrible pain, and you’ll wonder how you’ll ever make it through.

But then you’ll remember how you got through the hallways and the bus rides and the locker room and the lunch room, and you might remember this letter and you’ll remember how freakin’ strong you were—and you’ll realize you’re gonna be OK.

So I guess this is just a reminder, from someone who sees what you may not see from here; the future, one that will be a lot better with you in it.

This is a plea and a promise, a dare and an invitation.

Stay.
    Hang on.
    You are loved.
    Things will get better.
    Trust me.

Cry and get angry and ask for help and punch a wall and scream into your pillow and take a deep breath and call someone who loves you.

But whatever you do…

Please, stick around.

(Note: If you’re struggling with depression, desire to self-harm, or suicidal thoughts, talk to someone.)

Suicide Hotline; 1-800-273-8255

I found this on Facebook and thought it would be nice to share, also someone commented that it's also on this site http://johnpavlovitz.com/2013/05/02/if- ... dal-teens/

2. This was really good!

Support

3. I mean now ur kinda attention seeking there's already a thread for this

4. Regardless of ops intentions, this is not the place to talk about this subject, no offence but this isn't a Jeremy Kyle show

5. Reply #2
    Don't do a suicide, it's bad for you.

6. Actually because this is in forums, and not everything in forums has to be about KaW, this is the place for it.
    The post isn't offensive, it's not click bait, and it serves a credible purpose to the community at large. I hope others support the OP for doing something with the intent to serve the greater good irl to the KaWmmunity. Ty OP

7. Dumbass, not once did i say post was offensive nor did i say post wasnt credible, my point baw-breathe was that anyone who's had friends and family or even gone through something like this isnt about to open up on a what 9/12+ forum i mean behave yourself, op your intentions are fine but again its a computer game forum.....

8. Technically it's okay for a computer forum. Considering it's not in or against RoC/ToU to post this. I get your point, but it's not very correct.

9. Lol overreact much?

Poor attempt to troll with your comment. Also your 1 failed steal, and 1 failed att are hilarious. The OP gave the number to a prevention hotline, and didn't tell anyone they had to talk about anything here. People can always share if they feel like it. As far as the content being appropriate for the game, please tell me how no child ever has felt that way? This game is full of introverts at many different age levels.

If you don't like it don't read it. That simple. No need to be angry towards someone who's intent is to help others.

10. Poor attempt at troll? Thats not a troll fool, thats just saying as it is, the fail att/stl was 1st return of the 10 stl in my feed...."note"i did say the 1st

11. This really shouldn't just be directed towards "hurting teens." Depression affects people of all ages. Also describing the stereotypical "depression" of a teenager is not a way to help someone who is actually hurting. It sounds like a middle school seminar on bullying. However it is appreciated that you put the suicide hotline in to be available for people, it is very noticeable that you jumped on the bandwagon of a suicide/depression thread after the well made one "R U OK?" by IA-CrazyRuggy. Please refrain from feigning interest when it's just to make a good name for yourself on an Internet community.

12. I am making multi post throughout this week, i haven't seen that thread but I have heard of the group. It is suicide prevention week and suicide awareness month. I know many suffer from depression and suicidal thoughts and it isn't a stereo type. I honestly wish everyone would jump on the bandwagon to make people more aware of the suicide.

13. You want to know way people aren't jumping on the bandwagon it's cause this is a game to get away with real life b.s.and you come on Saturday game and there more drama on a game then real life so u can't Winn no matter what this is not the place for this?

14. Not my thing personally but I definitely hope it helps someone.

15. If one person seeks help due to this thread then it is well worth it being here.
    I have lost friends to suicide.
    It is horrendous both for them, their families and their loved ones left behind.
    It's always the largest regret, that so many do not see the love that is available to them when it's too late.

Ask for help if you need it. No one stands alone in life.
    No one is expected to. When life is at its hardest. That's when you need support and friends.
    Don't ever face life alone. There is always someone there for you, though in hard times it may be hard to realise that or find them.
    They are there.
    And the future holds wonders that you will only know if you persist when it seems that everything is conspiring against you.

Those who have felt the most pain, often have the most love to give.

For a link to a list of international crisis helplines please see the following.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of ... isis_lines.

16. Well said. Much respect.

17. People will find negativity in everything.

Good on you OP. Ignore the fail trolls.

18. I do am going to continue to post this week despite the negativity!