Idea to help fix Indy war

Discussion in 'Ideas + Feature Requests' started by h0neyB00B00child, Aug 25, 2016.

1. Remember when Indy used to be fun?
    Don't get me wrong, I love the free stuff you get from the added war rewards during events, the op eq is sick, the extra bars and xtals as well.
    But, the addition of the top 500 reward broke Indy. Now, 1/3 (sometimes more) of every roster is only item hunting and cares next to nothing about trying to win. Attack builds plunder and afk, Hansels scoutbomb and afk. They get an easy 300 tokens for 2 minutes of effort and leave the rest of their team to watch the inactive scrub get akoed all war. This has revealed a huge flaw that is now rampantly being exploited by players just seeking rewards and have no intention of even attempting to win the war.
    Most Indy wars are now determined by who has the least afk item hunters. I know it used to be determined by who had the least leaks but at least the leaks still tried (usually).
    So in some ways Indy is at is has always been, roughly a 50% chance you get put on the winning roster regardless of how good you are or how hard you try. But all the folks I know who war Indy and actually try are getting fed up with having to carry these leeches.
    Enough of the back story, we all know this is the current state of Indy...

My Solution:
    Institute a 3 day shattered sword for any player that does not attempt an action in 20 minutes of war time. This would at least force these leeches,who reach item threshold of actions first few minutes of the war and close kaw to come back every 10 minutes and attempt an action, possibly sko and not get akoed all war.

Constructive feedback appreciated, other ideas as well, let's get the devs attention and make Indy wars fun again!

Ty for reading.

2. They should have to be on kaw for at least 45 minutes every war, if not 1 Day ban (Just like shattered swprd) and no items, this should get them to stop

3. What's stopping them from doing the actions and just Leaving kaw open just because of that rule?^

4. If you were to war for items u should be banned for rest of event

5. I thought of that, that's why my idea makes it they have to attempt an action.
    Short of going back to zero rewards for a loss (which I'm not a huge fan of) or going back to the plunder based rewards (which screws Hansel's and PS somewhat, but better that than what we have now IMO)....this was my best attempt at trying to get ppl to try at least a little and not leak akos all war.

6. best way to stop item seekers in indy is to stop giving event items in war

7. Sadly, that would dramatically reduce participation in indi till even kill it. Unless devs stop all kind of event.

8. I mean idk about you guys but i really enjoy indi wars the way they are now 100x better than ll wars if anything that needs fixed..

9. Removed item & token rewards base on individual action for losing team.only roster that win the war will get item & token.bcos of this individual action rewards,they take advantage of it.losing roster should not get any free item & token except mith & getting xtals back.also this not happen only in indi war but lowland war.

10. SUPPORT! I try ever war, but like Honey said, the leeches are getting me fed up.
    Actions needed to be attempted every 10,20 minutes would help.
    Increase the broken sword days as well.
    3,6,12,24 days, habitual offenders would think twice.
    It won't solve the problem of the item leeches but it'll help.

11. Remove item drops from war, increase item drop cap on ebs if user has ee. Done.

12. Support. Sometimes indy makes me wonder why I even try when no one else does tbh. Like godofwar said up there, remove free items from losing team. Or at least give them to top 5 wr.

13. A random pop-up 'activty check' could come up each time ko'd. If not responded to could help?

14. Support to anything improving iwars. Member of the last war. Had an active PS with 4 actions then became inactive. 15 v 14 and we managed to win...barely but a good war nevertheless. I guess I should thank him/her for not warring as a PS1 (or whatever you want to call it) and leaking like a waterfall. Anyway, this kinda crap messes with my chi and, by reading other responses, I see you peeps get a tad twisted as well.

Anyway happy KAW'ing 

15. Pretty good idea