Disassembling Equipment

Discussion in 'Ideas + Feature Requests' started by Cobra, Aug 25, 2016.

1. This would be earth shattering

2. Love this idea!

3. Support. Doubt they'll do it, though. They'll throw an aqua/inferno event, instead.

4. It's a good idea! Support! :)

5. Support the idea! Though 75% seems high, 50% seems more reasonable.

6. I'm going to have to disagree on this one, sorry.

This is the second active topic touching on Aqua and Inferno, the new set of equipment is voraciously eating up stockpiles: 17 failures on my Volknight Shoulders, another 15 failures on my Volknight Chestplate.

The reason I had a stockpile at all was nothing to do with the A/I events: I got mine from receiving fully enchanted versions of equipments from the previous four-part event (Rimelands?) and extra Aqua and Inferno I didn't then need to expend.

But looking at this from a role-playing point of view Aqua and Inferno are magical enchanting components that are consumed to upgrade equipment, rather than chemical elements that combine with the equipment to upgrade (like adding carbon to iron to make steel). As the Aqua and Inferno are totally consumed I don't see how you could either degrade the equipment or release the magical components in the process.

Instead the solution to the problem of Aqua and Inferno shortages is to have more element events, or another event series offering fully upgraded pieces in addition to Aqua and Inferno drops.

And, yes, I have a fully upgraded Zephyr Armguard that I spent over 2000 Mithril on, but I don't support downgrading Mith equipment for the same reason. Mithril is so devalued anyway, time to scrap it.

I also support a Marketplace idea, either to sell the enchanted equipment that you no longer use out of your inventory so that it disappears from the game in exchange for gold, or a player marketplace/auction house. I think the potential abuses of such would be out-weighed by the potential altruism.

7. I support this idea. Maybe they can refund in gold and crystals so you can buy aqua/inferno in accordance to your new equipments needs...but I'm sure people wouldn't be using them for this purpose.

8. Or maybe just increase the amount of inferno/aqua given in each event....will make things easier.

9. Support. Would love to be able to "dismantle" or "Downgrade" my previously enchanted equipment to level 0 for a % of Inferno/Aqua i invested into it.

I don't see the point of doing this for Mithril equipment though. Mithril equipment was supposed to be rare an have good stats. Devs have not released any S5 or S6 equipment so there's no where to put that Mithril.

I'm 99% sure this idea won't get implemented because devs can't make $$$ off of it even though it would benefit everyone.