Disassembling Equipment

Discussion in 'Ideas + Feature Requests' started by Cobra, Aug 25, 2016.

1. Ok so look at this bogus. I spent thousands of Aqua/inferno on this chest plate and a lot of cash to get the 5k event items back when 5k was the top tier reward. We should be able to "disassemble" equipment by the click of a button where we get 50-75% of Aqua and inferno back and the piece of equipment is level 1 again. It's effortless to get this new piece of equipment these days so for grinding back in the day we should get some refunds.

2. One sec the pic didn't work

3. Sounds good

4. I totally agree - I just got the weapon and chest from this last split, and it took me about 1200 a/i to enchant. I'm down to 600, and the next event will doubtlessly have another better piece so these become obsolete.. I understand the concept of planned obsolescence but for the remains we should be able to get some degree of salvage.

5. As a followup, for part six I received the volknight spear, spent maybe 500-600 a/i enchanting it and was happy, it was significantly better than my icetail! But now with a slightly better reward, that prior investment is now just garbage and won't be touched again.

6. People have been asking for something to do with old gear for years. Devs never reply

Support though

7. I figured so. Let's add it to the list of great ideas that the devs will never implement because it won't make them money even though it makes the consumers happy!

8. Support.

9. Supoort! Especially all the myth equipment that took 1000's of myth to enchant

10. Support.
    But not for the equipments from EBs..

Aqua and inferno smelting refund from outdated equipments rewards from events.

Mithril smelting refund from equipment purchased through the marketplace -alchemist.

Once again, an idea that would have a low chance of being implemented because no $$$ proposition attached to it.

11. Agree. Same with mith.

12. Eventually your equipment closet will be full of old styles, like a real clothes closet. It would be nice if we could toss out the old stuff to ATA Goodwill for some kind of aqua/inferno/gold credit.

Next event will create a better piece. Down the road what you "earn" this event will be replaced (again) with better. Kaw Loop Cycle.

Support OP's idea.

13. Lmao KaW Goodwill! I love the idea! :D xD

14. Support only for mith eq

15. Nice idea. It feels like, if you've been playing a while, there is a lot of excess materials just sitting there unused. I wouldn't mind being able to do something useful with some of it.

I'm not in need of aqua and inferno myself but still, would like to see this implemented.

16. Support. Perhaps to make this a more economically attractive option for the developers, it could be combined with nobility points expenditure. For example, it would cost 10 nobs to decast an equipment with a 75% refund in inf/aqua/mith/ash/etc. Ultimately, it cost a lot of time (and resources) to code this. We can leave it to the players discretion to decide whether to spend it.

17. Support, I find that somewhat reasonable.

18. support as usual for eq sell back ideas, wish the devs would stop being so blind to good ideas.