This is Why people quit

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Dragon-of-Domanation, Aug 18, 2016.

1. Reception in forums isn't always the best.

I don't really blame old and new players alike if they're not too interested in joining in.

2. Agreed lol ..again I actually do honestly welcome & have tried to help new players. I just find it ironic that the ones who comment about me the most are the ones who drive away the new players the most, actually going out of their way to do so...

ZERO troll in the following statement..

...those people really should be banned.

...."IRONY!!!!!!" 

3. Support!
    I find it demoralizing when somebody writes a wall of text just to counter my simple but straight forward fix to the current new-player dilemma.
    @Ruggy, try to convince the devs like talking to a wall. Or create an alt and test my method. Side by side, create another alt and cry to the devs why a new player has a hard time starting as an attack build.

4. I completely understand why your method could work. I just find it to be a round about way of getting from point A to point B. The game shouldn't be set up in such a way that I have to wait 2 weeks to get anywhere. Devs can put in a simple fix to counter this but they won't do it.

It's something that can be fixed by the devs. However as you said, it's like talking to a brick wall. Long term profits are not on the devs radar. It's only about minimal effort for immediate profit.

I hope that this wasn't a wall of text for you. My apologies for having a different perspective on the matter. :)

5. Just, just, just don't say something like "devs should do this", "devs, should do that", we can't get an instant solution from that. As far as op started this is not a debate thread.
    I wouldn't suggest something that I have not tested. Fyi, I created this account from scratch, starting as a guild hansel a week after an event started. That was before the 2000sb-tier discovered by the devs as the "sweet spot".

Now, if you go on mumbling about not adapting to the current state of the game, go on, whine to the devs.

6. Any new player I see I tell them to go into a Indi and scout bomb a guy until u get 60-70 actions. 300-600 items will get you 100-300 bars which is a huge amount when first starting.

Edit: I think giving new players lowland building tokens would be a good idea.

7. This ^ Forums engagement etc etc

@Ruggy. I like how you actually brainstorm solutions rather than just identifying issues. I don't think you should apologize for that.

I am with OP on this issue. We tell players "buy an ally and hit an eb."

So they buy an ally, and hit an eb. Before they have unloaded a bar, they have lost Max P. They either have to search for another, or empty the useless bar anyway. So we tell them to buy another. And it happens again. And again. They investigate - and its some giant of an account.

Of course they are going to feel like the odds are stacked against them. Of course they aren't going to enjoy the game. How is this fun for anyone?

I like some of the ideas being raised - some of the best ideas come from debates.

8. Maybe in the tutorial, new players should be able to choose an ally that will keep them at Max plunder for a while. They could be accounts like the ones you attack in the tutorial. So bot accounts that arent hired away.

9. We can always hope that devs would implement something that would keep a new player (or newly created account) at max plunder. For starters, the newbie grey and newbie plunder boost spells help a lot. Even the instant-unlock of lowlands. If (and only if) the majority of the community would be hostile to new players, what would be the devs solution? Would you recommend something like new spells? Free pots? PvP-immunity? Strip immunity?

Otherwise, just help the newbie adapt to the current game's defective and unwelcoming state.

Btw, everytime a new account pops out in wc, someone will always think that it is an alt.

Maybe we need an "adopt a true-newbie" campaign streaming on wc every 30 minutes. ;)

10. I will make a thread if i must, but it will take a few days to make sure its decent

I really don't want to... but as always____________________.

^^ Person above, i dont think that. People try not to volley because half of those accounts go inactive(ive vollied many to 20-40bil that quit after first few hours or days ) <--- Waste of money and those people dont even respond or anything/even grow much

11. Support

12. TBH sometimes her posts have valid content relevant to the topic ...but most the time it's her rambling out her thought process out loud for paragraphs to come to one valid point that most of the time isn't that relevant, except to her.

A lot of times it sounds like she's trying to convince herself ....js

...but yeah sometimes

13. It's part of the rite of passage that is Kaw. While it is frustrating, it does help you get used to the game and it's aggressiveness. Nothing worthwhile in life is achieved be easy actions. It's is when things are challenging and come out winning when you savor the win the most.

Stay with it, find s way to grow. And like I did when I walk my starting path and had someone much bigger seek to make me quit... I pushed through, grew and when close to the size of that player, I took my revenge.

14. Lol, on my new alt this same person kept hitting allies that I bought back.

15. Actually I think people quit for Pokémon Go

16. It got boring for me for some reason most of my friends left a long time ago.

17. dont quote me on this but im pretty sure this is why spy builds get better drops:

Theory 1) Attk builds or anything with lots of attk power makes more gold in a eb NORMALLY if they skim for example NO plunder spells I make 102 Million gold on smoke while some one opposite my stat composition makes about 139 Mil So when they are skimming they are making more gold then the hansel/ ps players.

In PvP ( Player vs player) i think they receive more on steals because of the huge mass of attack builds swamping and storming the spy build for plunder and easy hits so they need something to counteract that, that where the higher drop rate comes.

Theory 2)

My second thought is that spy builds require more money to BC ( correct me if wrong since i didn't calculate it) but spy building are approximately 25% more costly then troop buildings and they need x2 more of them to reach the same stats of a troop building.

Its all about the balance. :)

18. Spy buildings are the same cost as every other building

19. Ok I've been reminded that possibly highlands cost more for spy buildings, which could be. It's been so long since I saw how much they cost

20. also on first lands spies are more expensive