Charity Events

Discussion in 'Ideas + Feature Requests' started by CharIie, Aug 9, 2016.

1. Recently cobra's brought steph's thread about an idea to support cancer research back to light. Basically it suggested that during a period of time, all money put into the game through purchases would go to cancer research as a donation. I never saw this thread at first, but I think it is a brilliant idea.

However I thought something more could be made with this idea...

CHARITY EVENTS!

This would be an event where all purchases would go to a charity. However maybe the reward scheme would be a global effort by the whole community. So all the event items collected would be amassed into one reward tier that we would all receive. So many a special banner like in steph's thread would be a good part of this.

I think the community would be proud of the devs if this happened. It may changed the view many players have of them. Through the willingness to donate the money, the community would be well pleased with the devs.

if this idea had been suggested before, I didn't know, I apologise in advance.

PS, I'm aware that there have been kind of "charity events", but they were a while back, and I think if bigger charity's were chosen then more people would get involved.

2. Who's Cobra?

3. I've seen this happen a few times. Seen players achievements for supporting something. I think it's a nice idea :)

4. An English teacher in forums lol

5. I have noticed them too. One for tsunami's or floods, the other for fires in Canada i think But im not sure.

6. Huh. Never heard of him/her.

7. There are certain large events that could benefit from these events each year however it's down to ATA to choose who they want to give to. I definitely support more charity events being sponsored so long as they are events that are life changing for people. I know it's nice to send musicians around the world and such but they are more pressing charity matters.

8. Whats not to support about this idea seriously? You don't wanna support cancer research?

9. No money, no support

10. I believe they had another one for the nuclear disaster (caused by the tsunami I suppose but I think it was a different achievement name) Support. People give to the world and get what they want on the game. It's a win win

11. No support. How would you like people to tell you as a business that you don't need to make any money for a while instead you should give it away. Why not donate money yourself in your own time idiots... It's not hard to do. I support 4 charities and also invest personal time and effort into one of them, not just money.. Sometimes people need to interact and share with their "supportee's", not just give money.

12. Raising cancer awareness is hardly needed.
    Soliciting for charities on a game is improper.

Btw who benefits mostly from Cancer research?

The rich?
    The affluent?
    The poor?

There r far greater needs vs cancer research.
    7b ppl on earth and if polled i rather doubt cancer tops the list.

Longevity of life vs a short life expectancy?
    Quantity of life vs quality of life?
    The less fortunate or impoverished r foremost what i see as a continuos concern with needs.

War ravaged ppls.
    Hunger n starvation.
    Health n education.

13. Perhaps KaW could have an event that runs once or twice a year where all proceeds are put towards a chosen charity. The charity can range from anything from helping the homeless to domestic abuse. A different charity should be chosen each time that focuses on different things. Not only cancer but a range of other issues.

The devs could open a thread calling for players to suggest specific charities, outlining who they are, what they do and why they should receive the donation. They could short list maybe 5 of them and have the players poll for the one they'd like to donate to. Whichever has the most votes is chosen and all money spent in an allocated time period goes to that charity.

14. Ruggy suggests much more palpable ideas

15. The charity donates are the only time (aside from pro packs) that I've even bothered to buy something from ata

16. Chill. No ones "telling" anyone to do anything. If we were, it'd be done already. It's a suggestion asking for people who support it to speak up and say so.
    If I was asked to give my money I earned to a charity I'd consider whether I wanted to or not and do as I wished. I wouldn't be offended.

17. I get where you're coming from. Although if someone is willing to support any charity I doubt they're clueless as to not have some idea of what's going on in the world.
    If no one puts effort into helping those with cancer, they've got no one to help them.

You can do what you like but discouraging someone from helping people in need is incredibly disturbing. People can do and support whoever they like.

18. I would donate to English teachers. They are seriously underfunded.

Good idea though, it's something I would like to see happen. Charity events appear to be reactionary to disasters. I would like to see a sustainable, ongoing campaign for donating to worthy causes.

19. I don't think we should have to wait for the next disaster to happen before we have a new support event. I agreed with cobra in stephs thread as breast cancer support is coming up soon, so an event that contributes to it would be quite fitting.