PC Enthusiasts Thread (Not a clan lol)

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Kasama, Aug 6, 2016.

1. Notice how it says windows not included? Thats a dead giveaway your getting a terrible deal. That build in general makes no sense for the price. Pm me and ill point you to a good site to order/build a amazing pc

2. Oh, I didn't include an SSD since I already have a Samsung 850 EVO 500gb... That's usable with the desktop also right?

3. I don't have time to look it right now. Check the case description for measurements to find out.

And Kasama, it'd be cheaper to build your own. And more powerful. Even if you get it built for you.

4. Guys, the build cost $1200 with a 2tb hdd (+$96) I removed the gpu so minus $289.

I have a free copy of win 10 pro/enterprise.

Essentially, I did sooo much researching and where I am currently... This was as good as it gets, imo.

Again, thanks for the kind words :lol:

5. Last item a good surge protector or better a full up UPS

First PC I built was a Timex Sinclair with the 16k Add-on memory option.

Booyah

6. Suit yourself, I tried….

7. Looks good.

With 16GB Ram with a 6GB GPU

You can run HyperV and run 4 instances of the same or different operating systems at the same time.

And so at the end, all other instances delete themselves and no virii are left behind etc

8. You really don't need the cooling fan if you're not going to over clock, I would just go with an R9 390X from AMD instead of the 1060. As for power supply Id go with 650W power supply is the most important if your power supply isn't strong enough your system might end up failing on you. SSD is highly recommended specially now that the prices are down and a 1T hard drive would be enough for most things you can upgrade later although the HD prices are also very low now so I'd take advantage of that. As for a case check out some of the corsair ones they are really good I have the graphite version but anyways up to you really just some advice.

9. I guess my liquid cooler is pointless then lol.

@male

10. Naw refashion the coils to fit a beer bottle inside, rapid cool!

11. Current build is i7 6700k OCed to 4.4 GHz on air
    MSI z170a gaming mobo
    rosewill Photon 750 psu
    Rosewill Thor V2 case (black and red)
    16 gb ddr4 ram
    2x 1 tb western digital black HDDs
    120 gb samsung ssd (850 pro I believe..?)
    And a ASUS STRIX GTX 970
    Getting another 970 in a couple months.

12. That's a nice pc

13. You're probably going to want to get an i7, because if you don't, you'll be CPU limited. Your GPU will heavily out perform an outdated i5.

Your games and graphic intensive software (like video editing and stuffz) will be a lot slower than you'd have anticipated.

14. i5 6600 skylake works just fine. i7 really only has hyper threading over the i5. Also if video editing you're better going the Titan X pascal

15. Sounds good. As for over clocking I personally don't bother but if you provide enough cooled air it should be fine. Yes it lowers the life of the processor but it will be obsolete in a few years any way.

16. First of all, I'm not doing any video editing and even if I was... An i5 6600 would be able to handle it, just rendering would take slightly longer.

With a current gen gpu and a current gen cpu... THERE WILL BE NO BOTTLENECKING OCCURRING.

And my cpu is definitely not outdated. It is socket 1151.

THE LATEST INTEL SOCKET, aside from 2011 v3 which are mainly for servers.

Games work fine on an i5, i7 is just overkill. I don't know where you heard that from (that i7's are necessary for gaming)

Video editing slowness... Shore, gaming and other things.

probs not

Yeah, so they tell me.

Kind of regretting now spending the extra 30 for a 6600K but meh.

I'm fine without overclocking for now.

Also I have a useless water cooler that just chills my factory clock speeds cpu lmao

Was thinking about the coolermaster 212x air cooler. But the seidon 120 v2 whatever is what I gotz now.

Thanks for your input