Hazzy's Hideout

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Hazzernater, Aug 27, 2014.

1. I'm glad this post is around.

2. You should check out Patrick Rothfuss' "The Name of The Wind" if you haven't already. Brilliant story.

3. I'm reading that at the moment! Just got up to Trebon!

4. Did anyone else notice Top 100 PvP Tier, rewards Travelstones instead of Eye of Truth?

Every other tier rewards Eye of Truth except for this one.

5. I love Patrick Rothfuss , weeks ,designs,Hobbs, I could go on and on  I'm off for a bit and NOW you discuss books ?
    I agree with you on eragon, like first book ,second was eh , last sucked.
    Have you read tad Williams or terry goodkind ?
    Imager series by modesitt? So many books ..
    I hope your all having a great summer btw.

6. The final eragon seemed rushed IMO, everything just kinda happened at the end and that was it. Done. Finished.

Didn't get the closure I wanted from such a long series

7. I never got that either Moody. I was expecting long, drawn out combat, both in the air and out of it between them. But it just... Plot convenienced the end. Like, it was just an anime ending. That's not what I expect from a novel. From an anime, sure. Its expected. But a book who's universe I've imagined and gotten so in tune with, definitely not.

8. Terry Goodkind is one of the greats!

If you like dragon series, there is the Dragons of Winter Dawning etc... Can't remember the name of the author. Will check when I am home.

I loved the Temeraire series by Naomi Novik. It was very Napoleonic era British warfare, but with dragons in navy classes. Extremely well conceived and implemented.

9. I keep meaning to post a list of books and authors that I've enjoyed , but I keep forgetting. One popped to mind that you might like Daph. Gail z Martin , I'm not good with discussing a series and not revealing spoilers ect.
    Dang had a few that I meant to recommend , hopefully they will pop back into the noggin.
    Does anyone remember the thread in fc "ask art anything"?  such a fun thread we tortured art of course ,but along the way we had some interesting discussions at times.
    I wonder if a thread like that would work here.
    Eh .
    Hope your all having a great weekend.

10. I believe Nic Cages performance in Ghost Rider was weak and he should not reprise the role in future Marvel films.
    Let's see if Sluards are still around

11. OMG heresy! may you be struck by a bus full of angry midget nuns. To profane the name of our leader the mighty nic cage is a affront to all.
    Nick Cage is a box office God , every movie he blesses with his presence is a gift to man kind.
    Look at the magic that is kickass , first movie cinamatic Magic , second movie not so good the Nic was gone.

12. I haven't seen much of nick recently :(

13. Im laughing shaking my head and squiting very hard in disappointment.. I must look crqzy to everyone class right now

14. Ya talking about the book series? Or that movie that came out

15. The book series was great, but the movie was... Let's just say I think I found that movie after dumpster diving.

16. I was talking about the series :)

We do not speak of the film...

17. But the film is 100% worth talking about.

18. Worth talking about in what kind of way?

19. Well, not positively. But worth speaking of.