Auto Clan For New Players

Discussion in 'Ideas + Feature Requests' started by House_Fafhrd_DoU, Jul 27, 2016.

1. I apologize if this has been suggested before. Perhaps, as a way to help new players get familiar with the game, they could be placed automatically into a random clan when they finish the tutorial. Clans that are looking to grow and are willing to accept new players would toggle that feature on in the clan info screen. you could add some more advanced matching, such as pvp, pve, social, etc... to allow the new player to have a better chance of being put into a clan that matches their style of play.

clanless is really not an option in this game, when you first start out.

2. Thats a good idea

3. Not a bad idea not sure if they can implement that

4. There are things called quests, game guide and clan apply button.

Srsly, if that new player randomly becomes a member of a clan which has strict activity checks or a clan which only half a day active.... you all know what will happen.

5. Lol… pretty sure any noob/starter clan would be happy

Its not like they'd be placed in B2B or Veritas.

You do realize that quests aren't enough for new players anymore and are insignificant right? You cant be serious that you don't see new players need a better start to stick around.

6. I've touted this idea myself, auto joining player / mod / even staff ran clans until a certain cs.

7. No support.

Not that I hate the idea, but the tutorial is BAD. It is not fitting with the actual KaW. Devs know this. They didnt answer us about that, all they did is adding some tips and grey color. Ok, noice start, but hey, after years why they still suck at coding? They shouldve done a new tutorial by now. Or at least 1 updated tutorial per year.

8. I don't think it's anything to do with their skill level with coding, it's more that they don't get a return profit from it (that's visible anyway) anyone with any economics brain can figure out that better tutorial = higher player retention = high profit. The more people you can sell a product to at the same price, the more money you will make.

9. And then the new player realizes that the new player's random starter clan has the total opposite of his TZ and only runs eb when the owner is awake.

10. No support.
    It's a social game, people find their way around by talking with others. No tutorial can cover it all and we all survived just fine with it.

11. If they can't figure out how to apply to a clan even after it was explained to them, perhaps they shouldn't play KaW at all, :?.

12. Stupid idea with the random clan thing.

13. I like it lol. Not only does it make it easy for the new player but it also encourages small clan growth. Support

14. How about whenever atleast 20 new players have joined, a new Kotfe clan gets created and they get automatically put into it..

15. Lmao, I support this idea!

16. Lol...you do realize over half the clans they will pick will be like that anyway. But it could easily just implement the top 20 clans rotating t1-4 ebs. Then run off after some volleys and a couple ebs to experience everything.

They have to go to these clans either way. Its not like they can just go to clans running T5+. If people cared enough like they use to, their subclans would be one of these rotating admins to train new players.

17. The code could choose a clan that is actively doing an eb appropriate for a new player. Up to t3 or something. So at least something is running when you jump in.

18. Starter clans = good idea. I remember how lost I felt when I first started kaw. Fortunately crimsomstar found me and gave me a home at black star. Many players aren't lucky enough to find a good clan when they first start, because they don't know what a good clan looks like.

19. This is an interesting idea. I know I have felt the same experience as Wordwaster when I first joined.

I think, the sooner a player is introduced to a clan and the community there the more likely that player is to be retained.

A question for you: How do you think this would work with Alts?