A Cast of Falcons Chapter 6: Let's talk the change

Discussion in 'Questions/Feedback' started by [ATA]Charlie, Jul 27, 2016.

1. Firstly,

I would like to apologize. I lead the charge on this change campaigning for it and would like to take responsibility. I am sorry for how jarring and negative that change felt for some players!

The Event Rewards for this event are staying in this structure, but we are reverting our other changes that had any effect on Net worth and Event Drops. More analysis and a better discussion about this change needs to happen and to prepare the community for what these changes may mean.

What we are Changing Back

Everyone will be going back to their plunder, and event drops they experienced during the last event.

Let's talk the Good and the Bad

Main talking point: Do you want change?

2. Chin up. You are doing a great job.

Edit - I have it better presented now:

My suggestion:

Introduction
    I have honestly stopped doing these because in my experience I have learned the developers never listen or even recognize players when they put a lot of effort into a post. Charlie seems different so I will give it a shot.

This post will have three sections to go over my suggestion. The first part goes over the psychology of players and their gaming styles. The second part will go over my suggestion to make the events better. The third part will be the conclusion.

Player Psychology

Kaw has several different types of players with even more ranges of growth scattered among them. You have players who play because they enjoy OSW and other Off System PvP, you have players who enjoy EE's and then there are the ones who only do EB's. Also, yes, there are those that do all three.

The current goal of the game, from a developers point of view is to bring in income as well as promote growth. Many players find no reason what so ever to actually grow anymore. OSW players and EE players generally like to spend their gold on allies for Strip funds and static stats. Ally hires were a fun aspect of the game that allowed kaw to have multiple dimensions in game play, though that aspect is fading.

There are also those who believe it is impractical and a waste of time and money to even try to grow. Why aim for something so expensive when players like myself have been burned on it before by seeing endless new lands and buildings. As it stands now it is simply not even worth trying. So... Why should I give a damn as a player who just wants to do pvp? I mean, now I am not effective in OSW and I can't hit the tops of the rosters because I either fail out on them or they are 'Defender to Strong.' -Yes that would motive me to be involved in events and pay to play the game to grow, but I don't see it's worth so I may as well just blindly farm someone, stop growing, and stop playing.

Suggestion to fix Event

Don't tell me it can't be done, we all know it can. I've heard that excuse to many times and this is similar to what happens on Quest, and PvP weekends.

1st: To promote growth, increase plunder all around.
    - EB Plunder, Pvp Plunder, Silver Bar Drops on events.

Now, onto Events:
    I suggest implementing drops per hit reward system for Events. This system would reward players for every so many hits, or randomly, by dropping event items. This style supports players no mater how they play.
    - EB players get their drop by farming their Epic Battles.
    - EE players get their drops by go to their wars.
    - Off System War players get their drops by hitting their targets.
    It is a perfect solution to promote the event and to support your players and all of their styles of play. Financially it will create transactions for Health Crystals.

Also: EE's and EB's should also provide additional drops and you can still run the PvP weekends. (Just remember OSW is not fought only on weekends and a good number of OSW players don't even do it because it could help their enemies get rewards)

This not only promotes game actions but with more ways to get silver event bars that is fair to ALL players.

Conclusion

Allowing drops per actions on top of the normal drops would increase growth fairly and help ease the burden on players who war. This change will also not see players farming alts because they can get the same drops by hitting an EB. This change will also help that finish line seem a little bit closer and a lot less stressful.

3. Support to change

4. I thought that you at least making an effort to make change was good. Some people complained about eb plunder being lowered but honestly they can suck it up and hit some bigger ones.

The extra equip and sb for smaller players was ur best idea. Ty

5. This thread is more better. Present your ideas first hear your response THEN change.

6. You tried to freshen the game up and stuff, Honestly i don't think there was anything really badly wrong with it, It was just the plunder was very off. I liked the concept of it and i hope you can find a way to make what you done better

7. I was actually looking forwards to the change

8. Thanks for being more human than ape Charlie.

Don't feel bad for trying to make game improvements, change is good.

9. The silver bars were possibly to high something in between the current system and the suggested one would help close the gap.

I personally had no problems with the power and position of my Kingdom before the change I tend to build the cheapest option as soon as I've built enough gold up to do so.

10. man. i went and got my pitchfork all dusted off and then you were all like "sorry" and now i don't have an angry mob to join.

:cry:

11. Hi Charlie, just wanted to give you a thumbs up for your transparency and willingness to communicate with the community [which many devs seem to lack].

I think the change was jarring because many players saw a dramatic decrease in plunder - and if what you were trying to accomplish was increase overall amount of gold for players in the mid, some numbers need to be shown.

We all saw the huge increase in SB's coming in, and that's something most of us are grateful for - but a list of calculations and numbers showing how, in the end, after this event our total amount of gold goes up, is needed.

Granted their is a very high possibility that many mid players need to begin moving up eb's, changing the loot on the 2nd to highest tier EB (Scrag) isn't something that's viable - as the majority of mids are hitting it, and are unable to move up, as LOTL is very hard to hit.

Again, I want to thank you for your want to change the game, make it better - but changing something that it super tangible to many players, [plunder or even clan rank] is something that will obviously meant with lots of backlash.. show us numbers, make it apparent, then nobody will complain :)

Also crank out new EB's instead of new events / equipment! Did you see how much hype you generated when you stated the new EB was coming out? 

12. Thank you Charlie... Change can be good... Just not when it's done so badly... I hope they have some chocolate fingers in the office for you to nibble on while you consider alternative options/improvements :)

13. Couldn't you have simply adjusted the drop rate for attack heavy builds?

I'm all for smaller players getting more drops but not for a decrease in plunder for the rest. Some of us run smaller clans for smaller players so the decrease penalised us too.

14. Says a 300 mil cs. It only benefited big spenders

15. 'Suck it up and hit bigger ones' I'm 8mil cs and hitting TS, I lost almost 20% of my plunder. Would you rather that I hit LoTL instead?

16. Im barely 50mcs and i lost 50 mil on AFF. Tell me what i can hit? The clans dont accept 50mcs to asof or lotl. Think before you spew please

17. That you are trying to change things is AMAZING!

Maybe this(particularly numbers) should have been talked about prior to release however. The event payout change is great, but be careful when messing with plunder.

Try to consult with more and a wider base of players than you did this time(I'd be happy to provide feedback, and I'm sure others would too)

Thanks for responding and interacting

18. I think it was a good idea to increase SB payout for reward tiers. However, hurting plunder on builds that are transitioning to the larger eb's was not the brightest. Yea I know we can't have everything but currently on Osman Rai lvl 1-6 the increase to plunder is so minimal there was no reason to lower it for people in that range. I would say keep plunder the same but increase the SB rewards. (so that it isn't such a steep slope... equip, banner, and cruxes are a plus for tops) I do think the community freaked out a little too much at the change and should have at least tried it for one event to see what happens. Anyway, thanks for trying to improve kaw. I look forward to your next update. :)

19. Hansel's get double the event drops of the atk build or the hybrid. My Hansel doubles my atk build and hybrid in drops every time without any help from xtals crux or items. My atk build needs to xtal or crux on every EB to even hit the rank below my Hansel. Not fair. Why can't you make so the drops are based purely on your activity in EB. Those that the most active get the highest drops and so on

20. Takes balls to admit a mistake if there was one but anyway.

How about having event drops like this 1 hit equals one item no matter size or eb.

The big guys would still have advantage because they will use crystals but I think that's fine they are paying for it.